1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Do People Do It?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by DAG, Aug 11, 2006.

1. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    You drive into a public carpark with plenty of spaces, and as you try to get out somebody parks right next to you! They are always in a hurry so never let you get out first!

2. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Sounds like the weekly shop was fun again DAG :D

3. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Spot on Pal, but the carpark was almost empty today!
    :D :D

4. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    My nephew has a theory that if you park next to somebody in an almost empty carpark, it reduces your chances of having your car broken into as there are more to choose from! Anybody else share this view? :eek:

5. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
    No it just increases your chances of getting your door dinged. And it gives the car thief somewhere to crouch between as they break into yours or the car you just parked next to. My god its annoying, cars don't get lonely!

:D :D :D

6. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,694
    I know one thing, most carpark spaces arn't wide enough for todays cars, if you park up and a 4 wd parks next to you, you've had it. :mad:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Dag its just typical of folks, Just look what happened to me in a car park, ive never been back to that car-park on my own, wanted to go to wilkinsons on wednsday so instead of driving 10 mins to that one where i was hit, I drove 30 minutes to another one, after that experience dont think i will go back to that car-park, never know whats going to happen next. :(

8. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Why do people have to drive shuch big monsters?

Most of them can't drive them anyway, my audi pulls trailer and horse and I see complete morons with great 4X4's totaly incapable of ............

someone shut me up!

9. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Funny ain't it, but people nearly always will park next to another car in an otherwise empty car park. I do too, but I can't give any reason. Herding instinct?
    Don't get me going on urban 4 WD's, Waco. My blood pressure won't stand it.

Perhaps we should have a Room 101 slot here for all of our pet hates. Perhaps not though...

10. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    No Waco, just let it rip, I started this thread so that people can get it out of their system! :D :D

11. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    What really gets me, is that when you're going back to your car, you can guarantee that the only other person who's doing the same thing wil be going to the one next to you, and they'll completely block you from getting into yours....... Surely it doesn't just happen to me? :rolleyes:

12. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Here is another one....why are those reversing lights put on our vehicles?
    I thought they were to warn others to keep clear!

Does it just happen to me, all clear behind, into reverse and the moment you start moving they all appear from nowhere at great speed! ;)

13. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Yes! And if you have a nice quiet bit of road to yourself, and are about to do a manoeuvre, like turning round - suddenly cars appear from nowhere - just like magic! :mad:

14. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Well I am one of those 4wd owners, but would not put myself in the same category as most.

I also do not park next to others on the far side of a car park where people park to be away from other cars.

I would also say, that you will find that not all 4wd drivers are the sterotypical people you expect, you get a lot of the same people that 'Can't' drive, driving other cars as well, as a recent motoring accident I had proves this to be correct ..... And the worst thing is, the other parties insurance wants it to be 50/50 responsibility , this means that both insurance companies wipe off 2 years no-claims of both people . This makes me angry .

Nathan

15. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    What makes me angry is people who drive down one track lanes and can't or won't reverse. Was confronted by a tractor and trailer yesterday, was happily reversing round blind bends for him when a guy in a transit came right up my boot and couldn't/wouldn't go back. So I'm a tractor/transit sandwich. If you can't reverse STAY ON THE MAIN ROADS.
    This has been a tourist information post courtesy of WindyMiller.com :D