1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Amaryllis not blooming?

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by tonykhuong, Jul 27, 2015.

1. tonykhuong

tonykhuong Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have some amaryllis plants in the same pot. I started them from seeds several years ago. They were given in a seed swap back on Garden Talk, and the three seeds have all grown and made babies. None have bloomed yet, even though they are is over 5 years old. I was thinking that maybe the should be re-potted and divided? The website about growing them from seed says they usually bloom in three to five years. They are in a sunny south window. I no longer have that link. They are nice and healthy otherwise.

2. Anthony Rogers

Anthony Rogers Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    First of all are they Amaryllis ( outdoor plants that flower Aug to Oct ) or Hippeastrum ( indoor plants that flower from Dec to April / May ).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1