Why is it...

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Dan Dollin, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Dan Dollin

Dan Dollin Gardener

Computer Technician
    Ratings:
    +85
    When you're stuck at work the sun shines and you think of all the jobs you have to do around the garden.

Then come the weekend it pours down with rain (or snow more recently) and you can't get out there and do said jobs!

:pcthwack:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
      +21,169
      Just lucky I guess. It always shines when I work in the garden :)

Oh.

• clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,594
      It always rains immediately after I finish planting stuff in the garden. I almost never have to water anything in.

• Like Like x 1
      • Dorothy

Dorothy Gardener

Ratings:
        +122
        I have loads of jobs to do but like you say, weather is always crap when it's my day off! We haven't had many decent days for a long time and when they happen I'm staring at it from an office window:wallbanging:

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +52,313
          It's Dan! Likewise if you wash the car etc. it will either pour with rain afterwards or some large bird will fly over leaving it's calling card all over it. :doh: It's the way of the world, or should I say nature. :biggrin:

It always rains on Bank Holidays too!

• Agree Agree x 1
          • clueless1

Ratings:
            +19,594
            Once again, the weather was nice here this morning, so I went out to the front garden to plant three bare root shrubs I'd bought yesterday. I didn't bother to water them, I rarely do. I came in for a cuppa, and by the time I'd had my cuppa it had started raining, and has been raining all day since:dbgrtmb:

• "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +31,885
            You don't garden in the rain? :hate-shocked: Shame on you! :nonofinger: :heehee: :heehee:

A good number of years ago, in my previous house, the morning dawned all sunshine and promise. That was the day I decided to divide some daylilies. I got stuck in, wearing a rather light summer dress and sturdy footwear ... half way through ... the heavens opened!

But, I couldn't stop! I couldn't leave those poor lilies to their fate. Grabbed a mac and carried on. Mr Mum was dumbstruck that I continued through the downpour (and it really was a downpour!) :heehee:

My only concern? (Being younger, vainer) Wish I'd bought waterproof mascara!

• clueless1

Ratings:
            +19,594
            Try mixing a dry mix of cement on your brand new patio, dressed for summer, then the heavens open. I've never swept so fast in my life. My dry mix was rapidly becoming wet mix, and threatening to ruin my new patio that I'd just made and hadn't even fully finished yet.

• Funny Funny x 1