1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Wild garlic leaves in mashed potato

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by westwales, Mar 26, 2012.

1. westwales

westwales Gardener

10 miles from the coast in the rainy west
    Ratings:
    +598
    There's no recipe for this - just make mashed potato as usual and add in finely shredded (washed) wild garlic leaves (flowers too later on). Only posted it because there are only a few weeks when you can do this and in this area this is week 1! I have tried freezing the leaves but doesn't taste the same.

• Like Like x 2
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Diolch:dbgrtmb:

Love the Wild Garlic.

• Like Like x 1
      • westwales

westwales Gardener

10 miles from the coast in the rainy west
        Ratings:
        +598
      • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
      • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
        +19,596
        Wild garlic is brilliant. There should just be one word of caution though. There is a poisonous plant that grows in the same habitat as wild garlic, and looks very similar (I can't remember its name though). I know its painstaking, but when I collect wild garlic I smell each leaf I pick individual before it goes in the bag. If it doesn't smell of garlic, it doesn't go in the bag:)

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Dogs Mercury & Lilly of the Valley.

• Like Like x 1