1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Wilkinsons garden sale!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all just wanted to let you good folk know (if you don't already) that Wilkco has a little sale on in their garden ware at the moment lovely wall and hanging baskets are £1 and there is other 'stuff' too.
    I brought a 3ft metal trellis work design for a climber for £3 (minus the vat reduction) there is a small trellis but would you believe it it's the same price as the bigger one!

It's worth a little trip to see if there is anything you fancy oh and the new seeds are out too! Hel.xxx.

2. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Will take a look when we go shopping this afternoon. Got to love Wilkies for the bargains :)

3. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Thanks for that Hel, I'll take my wilki vouchers down and see what they've got. I know ours have got their new seeds in. 02

4. men8ifr

men8ifr Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll have a look too though I thought my local shop got rid of all the gardening stuff about Nov last year...

5. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Rats - now I can't walk very far and I shall miss it! Darn this rotten knee ....

6. men8ifr

men8ifr Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Went down on Wednesday and got four palm plants all 1/2 price £4 originally and that seemed like good value anyway, I got 3 of one type and 1 of another, sorry don't know the names but ones with hard leaves and one type the leaves grow as a long single leaf then split into a fan shape - I was actually looking for this type of plant so very fortunate to find it. And next I got 4 heather plants again all 1/2 price. I'll go down again today and see if they've replenished their stocks...

7. sweetpeas

sweetpeas Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    Mine are just putting the stuff out so I;m gonna have to wait :( they do have the deesd in and they were putting the onions out today

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,
    Popped once again to the store and would you believe it Bob found a 'sin bin' just behind the checkouts (bargain trolly to the like of you and me) and managed to find even more seeds for me at 75% off needless to say you can't have too many seeds ...bless him among the find were a couple more packets of morning glory!Hel.xxx.

9. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I went to the range the other day and bought some plants for 75p and my friend picked some up for 30p.

10. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,496
    Men8ifr, It seems like you have a Phoenix Canariensis (Canary Island Date Palm or CIDP) the stiff leaved one and a European Fan palm (Chaemerops Humlis), the fan leaved one which is the slower growing and hardier of the two. You got a bargain,:gnthb: ours had no plants last week but i'll have to have another look, plants don't survive in Wilkies for long. Staff think they are all cactii.:(