Wilkinsons

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by clanless, Feb 2, 2015.

1. clanless

clanless Total Gardener

Gentleman of leisure.
    Ratings:
    +7,618
    Popped into Wilkinsons last week - they have their seeds and bulbs in :hapydancsmil:. Picked up 30 freesias for 2 pounds.

These will be going into the stone planters - I'll put up some pic's when they are out :dbgrtmb:.

• Like Like x 2
    • pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
      "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
      Ratings:
      +4,445
      • Like Like x 1
      • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,996
        Also worth having a read right through that thread to get an idea what bargains come up and at what time of year. I've had some amazing hauls of bargains from them. Many years ago we used to drive 35 miles to our nearest Wilkos, but now have have 4 within 6 to 18 miles, I even checkout the bargains in distant Wilkos whilst on holiday, Weymouth & Abergavenny being the those I've been to most. Our daughter is now away at uni and she checks out the 2 local Wilkos for reductions and we pick all the stuff up when collecting her during vacations.

If buying stuff that's available online (although virtually all of the best bargains are normally in store) you can get 4.2% cashback if a member of (and visiting the Wilko website via TopCashBack (TCB) http://www.topcashback.co.uk/wilkinson_plus/ and collection in store is free. That 4.2% cashback can be converted into Tesco Clubcard Points with a 5% bonus, getting it up to 4.41%, and then used during 'double up promotions' converted to 'deals' up to for times their value. The trick is to progressively work through every member of household/family each recommending the next to TCB and each getting a £15 ? (it varies) bonus after earning £10 cashback.

Have a look at this post http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/threads/wilkos-half-price-sale.42517/page-14#post-832547 for when we got 2 trolley loads of gardening stuff @ 1p per item!

I'm currently enjoying walking round looking at everything back to full price and thinking about all the money I've saved.

• Funny Funny x 1