windproof greenhouse

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by goldenlay, Jan 8, 2005.

1. goldenlay

goldenlay Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of the strongest type/make of greenhouses with regard to wind damage?

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,879
    Is there any particular size that you are after?

Nathan.

3. MarkO

MarkO Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    We have an Alton 'dutch' style greenhouse which is 15'7 x 10' and has been unaffected by the 70mph+ winds we've had in the last couple of days....

4. goldenlay

goldenlay Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    8ft by 6ft need. Am looking at Robinson Regent and baby Rhino as 2 best as far as I am aware, but they do come at a price of 1200 to 1300 pounds in green. Anyone know the difference between these 2 greenhouses?

5. werzmeshirt

werzmeshirt Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    WOW goldenlay thats pricey, I have just completed my greenhouse using a 8x6 gardenshed/potting shed nearly new for 30 pounds, then attached 3x2 wood framework 2 foot from the ground. Then screwed 12 foot double glazed units to framework making a 20x8 overall size.(units reclaimed free of charge) I used 3x2 framework for the roof and screwed corragated clear plastic sheets to it.6 at 6 quid each (b&q) finished off by using some reclaimed hard wood 2 foot lenghts under windows and old engine oil to weather proof. Very sturdy job looks very rustic and all windows open. overall cost 80 pounds tops.

6. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,879
    Goldenlay,

Try this chap on Ebay , prices I have seen so far 10'6 x 6'6 �£499.00 plus delivery :eek:

Nathan.