1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Winter pots

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by AndyK, Sep 10, 2007.

1. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

Some of my pots have started to become 'past their best' so I would like to add some nice new plants for the winter but am unsure what to use over the winter. Pansies are about as far as my knowledge goes (am I too late to grow from seed?), this is my first winter as a gardener! Also any suggestions of any veggies to grow would be welcome! [​IMG]

2. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    can someone please delete/move this message into the winter posts topic, I messed up! [​IMG]

3. plantaholic

plantaholic Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    you are a bit late to sow pansies. Look on the gardening direct website..they had a few ready plants (mature plug plants) the other day. Pansies with trailing ivy look lovely and are tough when the frost comes. If you want to grow veg in pots you can't beat Tumbling Toms tomatoes or even seed potatoes in plastic buckets...very satisfying! good luck!