1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisley Flower Show

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Spruce, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,320
    Hi All

Back in Wales :hapydancsmil:

Took my mum to Wisley flower show Thursday , amazing weather my mum has a blue Parking Badge so it made it so easy to park , it was heaving, my mum is 83 and is able to toddle around to the shops etc but to walk around Wisley is just asking too much and takes all the fun out of it for her so when we go they have wheelchairs that you can borrow so I am more than happy to push my mum around and she is as keen as me to see as much as we can.

Plus going for lunch afterwards :ccheers:

I knew we may have to wait for a spare wheelchair as it was so busy but I was very annoyed when people were using them to put the plants in they had bought from the stalls :please: wheeling them past us to take to the car then not bringing them back from the car park , I went and spoke to the lady at the desk who was annoyed and disapointed as I was to see what was happening , as luck had it we manged to get one 45 minutes later !! but by this point two other elderly people were also waiting so my mum was having a good old rant with the other people waiting. (she enjoyed that).

Fab afternoon out lots of plant stalls , and a florist display in the main green house, its the greenest I have seen Wisley at this time of year in years and all looked very nice.

Yes we did have 3 course lunch finished off with Eaton Mess plus my mum had two half larger shandy's (by the way she doesnt drink) !!!!

Spruce

• Like Like x 5
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,836
      Really glad you had a good time at the show, Spruce, and that your Mum was there to look after you.:loll:

• Like Like x 3
      • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
        Ratings:
        +31,177
        Sounds a lovely treat for both of you. Your are right about the condition of much of our flora and fauna. The hedgerows and banks are still looking good. Were you tempted to buy anything?
        Jenny

• Like Like x 1
        • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
          +12,320
          Hi Jenny

Yes lots but then I would have to put on the wheelchair:lunapic 130165696578242 5: I dont think my mum would of been too pleased. :psnp:

Spruce

• Like Like x 2
          • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
            +0
            Sounds like you both had a great day Spruce:dbgrtmb:....my mum spends more time pushing her wheelchair than sitting in it:rolleyespink: now you know where i get it from:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2