1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisteria help

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Adam D, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Adam D

Adam D Gardener

Sheet Metal Fabrication
    Ratings:
    +42
    So my partner walks in yesterday saying she's bought me a present and turns out to be this.

My partner keeps buying plants without a care in the world question is what am I going to do with.
    Can I grow wisteria in a container.

£10 Aldis selling different types.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Joolz

Joolz Gardener

Ratings:
      +884
      I blooming hope you can @Adam D I've just brought and planted an Japanese Wisteria (Wisteria floribunda 'Rosea') in a large planter, to grow over a pergola and along a fence. There's no soil in that area as it's paved, so have had to use a very large planter. I'd be keen to know now too. x

• Adam D

Adam D Gardener

Sheet Metal Fabrication
      Ratings:
      +42
      I only ask joolz because I've seen how big these get my neighbour has one growing all over his house.

I could grow mine down my fence line how would you go about attaching the vines to a fence.

• Joolz

Joolz Gardener

Ratings:
      +884
      They can grow enourmously that's true. I've already got wire woven along the fence as, it originally had honeysuckle on it, but it wasn't looking good, so I removed that. The pergola has lattice panels on the sides and back, so I'm hoping it'll weave it's way through that too, over years to come. I'll take a couple of photo's when I go outside again. :blue thumb:

• Like Like x 1
        Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
      • Joolz

Joolz Gardener

Ratings:
        +884
        This is the planter, pergola and fence panels I'm hoping to train the Wisteria up and over. The planter is 60cm (approx) diameter at the top. IMG_0804.jpeg IMG_0806.jpeg IMG_0807.jpeg

• Like Like x 1