1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Withering williow

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Nicholas Burman, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Nicholas Burman

Nicholas Burman Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello,

Last spring I planted a willow in the garden, however so far it has failed to give new leaves or branches. The tree was planted on a slope with soil which drains easily (a little too easily). I kept it going through summer by placing a water spike, however I took it out in winter because we feared that the water might have damaged the roots. The tree was not watered through winter (other than rainwater), by the time spring came it had no leaves and the branches were brittle. I looked up on the internet, where it was suggested that these should be trimmed. This was done but so far the tree has not responded. Ditch it?

Cheers Nicholas

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,016
    If no new growth I'd guess it was dead.