1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Wonderful, wonderful, fabulous weather: 03/11/14

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by "M", Nov 3, 2014.

1. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    And I am *not* being sarcastic! :nonofinger: Do share - what positives do you discover when the weather is inclement?

The temperature dropped in the night (probably due to all the rain) and that meant:
    ~ snuggling under my feather duvet :snooze:

Today has been so wet, so windy ... Brr! ... Mr "M" went up into the loft to check if there were any obvious leaks and that meant:
    ~ I found a book I was hoping wasn't lost for ever; which, in turn, means I am now more enthusiastic about my gardens (both front and back!)
    ~ I found my knitting bag (with Dummies Guide to Knitting!) so I can get on with something :hapydancsmil:

Today is so wet, dull and uninviting ... I have *no* inclination to go outside! *yawn-yawn*
    ~ means I have cleared another couple of packing boxes :yes: (admittedly, hidden from view in the loft - but the contents are now very much *in* view = my house has taken another step forward towards becoming *home*)
    ~ the slow cooker is on overtime making stock for homemade soups/casseroles and the house smells of *home*! :thumbsup: (No mean feat as this house does - still! - have some lingering not-so-pleasant-odours that I am struggling to eradicate, despite my best efforts :scratch: :noidea: )

The weather took a brief break from wet-dull-wet-windy-wet that it meant I:

~ relocated a couple of items on my trellis; doubled up a couple of items on my trellis = the view from my kitchen window is now vastly improved :blue thumb:

Happy Days! :thumbsup:

Feel free to share your positives of inclement weather :spinning:

• Like Like x 3
    • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +31,885
      You task master, you! :heehee:

• Val..

Val.. Confessed snail lover

Retired
      Ratings:
      +4,951
      If the weather is very wet then I tend to catch up on housework, guess it has to be done sometime so things get a 'proper' clean, house always looks so nice afterwards and it gets rid of the horrid days when I can't go out walking. God knows what my house would look like if the weather was never inclement. :snork:

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
        Ratings:
        +50,903
        We've actually had some rain today, desperately needed so gratefully appreciated ... so I cleared out some clothes for the charity shop.
        Tomorrow should be more rain :love30: so I also hope to sort the pantry out as we went grocery shopping today ... unusual for a Monday, normally on a Wednesday, but after 23 days of visitors things have gone a little out of sinc ... ie, we last went grocery shopping Friday before last ... :hate-shocked: ... bearing in mind we have been eating out every day. :whistle:

Fortunately I cut back the humongous Brugmansia and the giant Black Eyed Susan yesterday so a little gardening was accomplished! :spinning:

• Like Like x 3
        • Adendoll

Adendoll Super Gardener

Homemaker
          Ratings:
          +1,308
          Been lovely here today
          Washed all the windows, bedding washed and on the line.
          Bagged up 8 bags of leaves
          Started sorting pots out putting them in a more sheltered spot.
          Dug up spuds for tea
          Contented, but by heck I ache!

• Like Like x 1
          • Val..

Val.. Confessed snail lover

Retired
            Ratings:
            +4,951
            This isn't inclement weather activities?? :heehee:

• Funny Funny x 1
            • Adendoll

Adendoll Super Gardener

Homemaker
              Ratings:
              +1,308
              :snork: Sorry Val and posters!
              I wish the weather had been inclement today, I wouldn't ache so much!
              Work more or less full time (day off today) so regardless of weather try to get stuff done either housework making stuff knitting crochet, sewing or cooking and if not gardening outside proper, working in the greenhouse.
              If it's inclement tomorrow I will be working in a clinic, often in a area with no windows to see any weather at all. It always lovely to walk out the doors and put my face to the sky and feel the air, it never fails to relax me, hail rain or shine!

• Like Like x 1
                Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
              • Trunky

Trunky ...who nose about gardening

Professional Gardener (retired)
                Ratings:
                +10,739
                Well done @"M" for finding some positives from such a dreary day.

Dull, wet and cold at work today, so.... we cracked on with putting up the bubble wrap insulation in two greenhouses. It's actually better to do this job on a dull, cool day. If it's a sunny day, you get hot and bothered and spend half the time squinting because it's too bright when you look upwards to do the roof sections. :dbgrtmb:

It also meant we caught up on some leaf clearing. Dry, crispy leaves can be bulky and awkward to clear up if you've got a lot of them to clear. Wet leaves don't blow around as much and you can get far more in a load too. :)

.....and finally, the rain stopped and the sky cleared a bit in late afternoon, which meant we were treated to a simply beautiful sunset.

012 - Copy.JPG

• Like Like x 7
                • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
                  +31,885
                  Wow! Fab sunset @Trunky :wub2: Well captured :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
                  • SharonL

SharonL Gardener

Ratings:
                    +230
                    I'm a self-confessed candle lighter when its wet n dark outside :)

Get home from work, purrs of welcomes from my tiny lions, get my comfy gear on and light some candles :coffee: it's something I look forward to when the dark nights set in

• Like Like x 3