1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Woos 5 mile amble this morning

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by wiseowl, May 7, 2017.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,725
    P1240399.JPG Good afternoon went in search of some peace and tranquility this morning ,and found it in spades;):blue thumb: just over 5 miles:smile:

CWS.JPG Digging.jpg Gatekeepers Lodge.jpg Green.jpg Greener.jpg Logs.jpg Looggers.JPG Mausoleum.jpg mausoleum1.JPG Oak.JPG Old Tree.JPG

• Like Like x 7
      Last edited: May 7, 2017
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Looks lovely Woo :)

Did you find that severed toe?

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
        Ratings:
        +31,818
        Lovely Woo, Hope you didn't dig that hole!

• Funny Funny x 3
        • wiseowl

Philosophy of people
          Ratings:
          +89,725
          Good afternoon @Jiffy my friend Mrs Woo said that I am always digging myself in to a hole deeper and deeper;):blue thumb:

• Funny Funny x 3
          • wiseowl

Philosophy of people
            Ratings:
            +89,725
            Hi @Zigs my friend looks like vandals have had a go at the monument,its in about 12 pieces ,I was a good mind to take them home and put them back together again in the garden:smile:

“Yes, for those of you who don’t know the story, this is the Toe Monument erected by Lady Darnley. According to the records, Edward Bligh, the 5th Earl of Darnley, was walking around his estate in February 1835 with some companions when he saw a woodcutter attacking a tree with his axe. A member of the Earl’s staff gave the following account of what the Earl said and did: “ ‘ Now I’ll show you how to cut a root in halves ' and he took the woodcutter’s axe, struck hard upon the root when the axe glided off and just caught the little toe of his foot and part of the next thro’ his boot. He started and said ‘I have just harmed myself, I fear! But it might have been worse and I ought to consider myself fortunate’ " Next day he wrote to a friend saying : " ' We are all well here, barring that I almost cut off a little toe with an axe yesterday : providentially it is a matter of no consequence, but might have been a serious accident.' " Sadly it was a matter of consequence as in the days before our modern drugs, and tetanus injections a mere cut could prove fatal. The Earl indeed contracted lockjaw and died three days later.

Capture.JPG m.JPG

• Informative Informative x 4
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Useful Useful x 1
            • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
              +0
              Oh bother Woo :sad:

We'd soon have that back together if I were nearer.

I repaired the top one of these marble storage jars that had been buried for 2000 years and broken by an earthquake when no one was looking :whistle:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3