Yawn.... Wakey.. Wakey...!!!! MK3..

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Marley Farley, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,124
    :thumb: Good Morning Woo shiney, a beautiful morning here too, but we do have a cool breeze with it..!! :yho:

:flag: I have started a new thread as we were getting near to toppping the 1000th post again.. When a thread becomes that full it becomes slow & troublesome.. So here we are then on our Wakey Wakey Mark 3 thread...!!!! Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing..!!! :thmb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
      Ratings:
      +1,667
      Good morning everyone,:)

Its overcast here, and looking like its going to rain, but its warm, around 82*:thumb::thumb:.

• Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
      Ratings:
      +549
      Thanks for the new thread!

It has been hot here again Penny.
      I can only see Marley and Penny :hehe:
      I went to a market research meeting today, only three of us. It was about finance - I am not the best person to ask :help: but I got 55 pounds for an hours talk.

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +117,297
      Good morning everyone,

Thanks Marley,
      We don't want the thread getting old and slow (I know the feeling well :old: :hehe:) but shouldn't it be Mark 4? :scratch: :luv:

Jazmine, couldn't you ask to do a 10 hour day? £550 would have come in handy and would be a good investment of your time. :hehe:

Well, after days and weeks of hot sunny weather we have a new day. It's hot and sunny :(. Our forecast has shown rain for the last two days and also for today and the next two. Weather forecasting can't be a bad job. You get paid doesn't matter whether you are right or wrong.

I'll get out there and do some work before it gets too hot. :thumb:

Have a great day :D

• ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,729
      Hello everyone

Yes, same here, Shiney. Rain has been forecast for days but it's yet another sunny day. The only miserable evening we've had recently was (of course) the one night when we were at an open air concert. It's lovely to have such good weather but watering everything is tedious. Also, putting out the rubbish is a very nasty job indeed. Goodness knows how they coped in Naples when the garbage wasn't collected for weeks during the hottest part of the summer. Perhaps, rather like Oscar and his onion bed, you just adapt. :)

• wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
      Ratings:
      +89,279
      Good morning all my friends,I do hope that you are all OK and feeling good on this beautiful summers day:) sometimes on days like this when it seems to get a little to warm for yours truly,
      I remember when I sat here in January watching the snow falling and everything was white outside,beautiful and enchanting in its own way ,but secretly saying I wish it were Summer and the Sun was blazing down on me,anyway everyone have a great summers day and please stay safe:)

• shiney

Ratings:
      +117,297
      Good morning everyone,

woo, I have to agree with you :thumb: but I enjoy being a grumpy old man :old: so shall continue to moan about the weather :hehe:. Still no rain :(.

Lots to do.

• Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
      Ratings:
      +1,667
      Good morning everyone,

Its raining here, which we needed the rain, and its supposed to get really hot later.

• Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
      +549
      Hello friends :luv:
      Shiney I feel old- I need some new bits and pieces :hehe: I do agree with you though..you are a grumpy old man :lollol:
      Woo I hate winter - I hate being indoors it drives me mad. I have been in today and feeling :skp:
      Clara and Penny we had rain last night accompianied by thunder and today is cooler but I want the sun back!

• shiney

Ratings:
      +117,297
      Yippy, I'm succeeding! :thumb:
      Or are you just humouring me? :skp: :( Grump, Grump :mad: :old:

• NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
      +0
      Good morning all :)

Well, that's it - off for the summer now really! Had the last two weeks off, but ended up working most days at least some of the time :( Planning on taking it easy in the garden pottering around today - as yesterday was a manic day of doing a pig roast starting it up at 4 am for teachers to eat at 2, picking up kids from summer camp, picking up fresh foods for the luncheon, - I really could've used another 10 hours in the day yesterday!
      But now - kids are all off, hubby's off, and I'm off - so till September......relaxing times :)
      Hope all are well and enjoying ourselves - glad we missed out on the worst of the storm that 'could have' headed our way but chose not to! It's looking like a lovely day out there today - a perfect morning to take coffee out by the pond and read a while :)

Have a great day everybody!

• shiney

Ratings:
      +117,297
      Good afternoon everyone,

Natalie, I'm sure you are going to enjoy the next month :yho: and will be able to do many things apart from just relaxing :thumb:.

I've just finished making a french onion soup with some of the onions I picked the other day. We shall have that as a starter when our friends come round tomorrow. :gnthb:

This afternoon we are off to friends who are celebrating and doing a hog roast - it seems to be the in thing nowadays. :)

• Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
      +549
      Natalie, you sure deserve a rest!! You make me tired just reading what you have been doing :)

Shiney enjoy the onion soup! I hope you have found time to relax in your lovely garden.

Today I have been out - Marks sale started but I didn't get anything - I must be cured :D
      Spent some time in the garden pottering and it was lovely and warm. The lawn is looking better for that rain.

• NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
      +0
      mmmm homemade french onion soup Shiney? One of my faves! I'm sure I still have your address.....so uh what time would that be at? hehe

I'm still sitting here trying to decide what's for dinner tonight - I'm really really NOT in the mood for cooking - so thinking some meaty nachos might be in order - kids won't complain at that, and I just have to make enough to make it mealsize......

Yes, hog roasts are really popular - our friends who do them as a catering company are doing three today - but theirs are actually done beside an open fire - most are done in a 'coffin' type machine and they sweat alot. I know that during the summer months she is just flat out with them. We are thinking of doing one the weekend after A level results in August......just trying to convince myself I have the energy.....or will have by then!

Jazmine - you bought nothing???? Nothing? wow - hubby must be in shock! lol - I thought their big sale started on Thursday......hmmmm maybe off to Bluewater tomorrow for a dash?

Well, better get some food and feed the crew here.....have a lovely strawberry/apple pie for dessert.....just have to decide on dinner first!

• shiney

Ratings:
      +117,297
      Good morning everyone,

Jazmine,
      Shops and no shopping :scratch: s00k - you better start taking your medication again. :hehe:

Natalie,
      We had a good time at the hog roast - apart from the hog roasting. Mrs shiney and a few of her friends are vegetarian and were not too happy with seeing an animal revolving over the heat. They sat as far away as possible and with their backs to it. I don't think any of them will be going to another hog roast. :(

On the other hand, our friend's dog sat watching it all the time :hehe: and would clear your plate if you put it down for a moment.

The forecast today is 26C so we are unlikely to go for a walk after lunch with our friends that will be with us - too hot. We'll just have to force ourselves to sit down with our feet up and keep imbibing fluids to fight against dehydration. :yho:

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.