1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,683
    I know I've been "away" all day, but is everyone else asleep at 10.30pm? I shall soon retire for the eve ... HURRAY! I hear you say ... :D :D :D

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  3. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hi and me playing catch up :D

4. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,683
    Hi, Rose and Fran ... just about to shut down for today! Very quiet tonight indeed! I've been "away" all day with visitors from the UK. I say "away" because if I'm actually here I'm logged on all the time .. but I may not be looking, if you know what I mean?!

Out for the night, Rosa? Did the Council folk come around about kooky downstairs neighbour and her bug problem?

5. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,683
    Finished my peppermint tea now so I'm off, off and away.

Ate ja!

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Been out today to a place called Craster, near Alnwick, northumberland. for some dressed crab and smoked kippers then went for a meal on the way back.
    The council arrived 10 am neighbours down stairs about that nutter, everything is fine they are quite happy about our balconies and they did not come to see me.
    They have said she has mental problems, off her trolley i say, they stated with this hot weather they are aware that it is not our pots and flowers that are to blame.
    My neighbours downstairs are going to get her back as she is terrified in case her neighbours from where she used to live find out were she is living so they are going to tell her that they are going along to tell them were she is :D its pay back time

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Looks like everyone has gone to the land of nod, so i am away to. Goodnight all [​IMG]

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Good Morning all wakey - wakey 7.50 am there is not many around had my first cup of coffee [​IMG]

9. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,332
    Hi rosa, Good morning.
    I've been here quite a while now but I've been hiding quietly. I was out at 6.30 picking runner beans and courgettes. Now that we've had a heavy downpour two days ago and not too much heat since, and an occasional light shower, the veggies have picked up very well. I've just picked 8lb of runner beans and shall sell them for charity this afternoon - I have regular customers.
    I'd send you some but I haven't worked out how to send them by email yet! ;)

Got to go and cut Mrs shiney's hair now.
    ----------------------
    shiney

10. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi Rosa , Mornin to you i was up at 5-30 the dogs wanted out so i stayed up.A bit boring hardly anyone online.Generally up at 6-30 if you want a chat!!

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning shiney and gogs, been trying to put a picture of rosa for my avatar resized it in image shack entered it into space bar set url and nothing, doing something wrong somewhere. :confused:
    LoL must be still in her bed :D

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Thats a good idea shiney e-mail us pics of your runner-beans or better still start posting them then we can have the real thing, :D
    good luck with the charity which one is it for [​IMG]

13. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,683
    Morning Rosa, Shiney and Gogs! I'm up. Got up at 7.30 and had a peppermint tea and went back o bed. Now up with my Earl Grey! I don't log on till 9ish.

Sounded like a nice outing yesterday, Rosa. We had friends from London and the IoW for lunch. Did home-made sardine pate on home-made rye/caraway bread and then spicy tiger prawns with rice and salad. Ice cream for dessert. It was a nice day catching up. We're off to them for lunch next Monday.

T'other half and Magic Sam still in bed! [​IMG]

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning LoL that sounds lovely what you had yesterday must give us the recipe for the sardine pate, rye/caraway bread, always looking for new recipes like that, do you put anything with your rice, beans etc.
    my other half is still in bed also.
    yes had a nice day out yesterday makes a change going somewhere [​IMG]

15. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,683
    The sardine pate is very easy ... I'll put it in the recipe section now. Have to admit the rye/caraway bread is now done in a breadmaker we bought a month or so ago, before I made it by hand. Now we use a multi-grain ready mix and add three soupspoons of caraway seeds to it. The rice was plain, but I prefer it with chopped onion, sweetcorn and a bit of diced red and green peppers.