1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn yawn - wakey wakey..!! Mk 4

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Louise D, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louise D

Louise D Head Gardener

Medical.
    Ratings:
    +502
    Yawn yawn - Wakey wakey MK4

Evening all !
    I'm here at last - had a bit of diificulty with the changeover so i've become a Louise D instead of a Louise 1 :heehee:
    :cheers:

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,465
    Hi Louise :dbgrtmb:

and Hi, new Wakey, Wakey... :yahoo:

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Louise,Shiney and everyone:)

Up early this morning as i couldn't sleep,so thought i would rather sit at the puter listening to the birdies singing rather than lying in bed hearing them:D

Don't know what is up with my back this morning but every time I cough with this flipping cold it keeps going into spasm :gaagh:
    Have to go and have my blood extracted this morning at eight am so can't have anything to eat and only water to drink until I get back and I am starving already:eeew:

It is going to get colder this weekend but it will be ineteresting to see if we get one of these :bbq: this year :yess:

Hope you all have a good day :)

4. Louise D

Louise D Head Gardener

Medical.
    Ratings:
    +502
    Morning :coffee:

Another beautiful morning here :D

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,465
    Good morning Kandy, Louise and everyone,

Kandy, I hope your back sorts itself out quickly. Coughing can easily put a strain on it as it uses a lot of sudden force to cough. You should have a nice hot cuppa when you get back from the quack :coffee:.

We have fairly new visitor to our garden and as we don't know his name we call him fluffy. He seems to be rather nervous of us but I've seen him visit Oscar in the greenhouse.

[​IMG]

We don't mind him in the garden but at 6.30 this morning he started stalking one of the pheasants. So I rushed out there to stop him and me in just my underpants would frighten anything away. :heehee: :loll:

Have a great day :D

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Louise and Shiney {again:D}

Louise we have a lovely sunny morning here as well and it is going to be good all day for us,but don't know about down your way.One of my sisters lives down your way and they like it apart from the high water charges that is :gaagh:

Shiney,lovely looking cat you have there and no we don't want to see you running down the garden in your fig leaf undies thank you very muchly :eeew::rolleyespink: Can't you afford clothes?:D

The ginger tom that has partly adopted us and we call winger ginger is crying like a baby{if thats what you can call it :mute:}as he is out hunting for the queens to impregnate,so me thinks I might have to ring up Cats Protection to see if they want to get him neutered and find him another home as it doesn't look like his own family want him and apart from spraying in our house which isn't nice he upsets our own two queens and one tom:cry3:{All have been done}

Enjoy your day and thanks for your good wishes and look forward to my mug of tea and porridge:)

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,465
    Kandy, as the chancellor doesn't seem to have done anything for pensioners we can't afford to wear clothes because they may get worn out :loll: :loll:

Actually, come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I bought any clothes :scratch:. Some of my gardening clothes are 30 - 40 years old :heehee:.

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I'm back from have the blood extracted so can enjoy my breakkie now,burp.:coffee:The nurse couldn't understand why I was back there again and said I could have had these tests done when the Dr sent me for the other blood tests the other week :oAs my Uric acid levels are raised she thinks I could be suffering from a touch of gout with my painful ankles so when i see the DN on Tuesday have to mention it to her as it could also be the Metformin that is causing the problem :rolleyespink:

Shiney,don't get me started on what the goverment are not doing for us all.What with the state age going up, Mr Kandys,pay rises being frozen,petrol and food prices going through the roof:gaagh: we will be like you soon and have to walk round in our holey non white underwear :DPS,once the state pension goes up to £140 a week you will all be a tad better off.Our friends are always boasing that they have never had it so good as they were all getting fantastic interest rates on their savings in the eighties not like all of us who are getting nothing.It isn't even worth the fuel useage to trek into town to put any money in the building society anyway so we might just as well spend it now and worry about it all later :heehee:

Still we are not as bad as some of the European countries with their economys worse than ours and having to be bailed out by everyone else,or those poor sods still trying to pick themselves up after thier disasters so really we have nothing to whinge about :mute:

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,465
    The £140 pension sounds good but it will be at least five years before they intend to bring it in :DOH:

You're right, we're not getting any interest on our savings so we are spending our savings on eating out and holidays. The eating out isn't too bad when we can get a very good three course meal with tea or coffee for between £5 and £7. Buying food is not too expensive because I never buy pre-packaged or prepared foods and we are still using our home grown stuff from the freezer.

We don't drink or smoke and a night out at the bridge club costs all of £2.

10. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,847
    Good morning all my friends here at Gardeners Corner hope you are all OK,have a great day and please stay safe.:)

11. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Good morning everyone,:)

Its cold here today and we got a dusting of snow overnight.:th_scifD36::gaagh:

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good afternoon Woo and Penny.

Penny we are having a heatwave at the moment and I am sitting here in my T.shirt and shorts:phew::D

Woo,hope you are keeping well and are able to fly around now the weather is better :thumbsup:

Shiney,by the time the £140 a week comes in they will have moved the age for us to 70 from 66 so the tax payers will have to keep working longer to give you oldies the extra money,plus the fuel allowance is getting less and less just when it gets time for Mr Kandy to claim his bus pass he won't benefit from it because they are doing away with half the buses round here in cutbacks so he won't be able to do our shopping by bus.:gaagh:

We don't drink or smoke either,very rarely go for a meal now,go camping {our only luxury}and make a lot of our meals from scratch when the price of meat goes through the roof,but i have to buy fruit like strawberries and clematines at this time of the year as they are part of my diet and besides I get sick of eating apple every day,like I do porridge :D

13. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,847
    Top of the morning to you all ,hope you are all OK and well on this bonus of a Saturday morning,have a good day and please stay safe.:)

14. Louise D

Louise D Head Gardener

Medical.
    Ratings:
    +502
    Good Morning !
    9 degrees and quite a bit of high cloud here this morning, i think the temps and sunshine are going to be a bit lower for a few days now, hey ho !

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,465
    Good morning woo, Louise and everyone,

Kandy, by the time they bring in the £140 pension it would have gone up to almost that anyway. We've had our bus passes since they first came out :thumbsup:. Pity they don't have any busses anywhere near us :mad:. The only time we ever use the passes is when we are in the Lake District.

We've still got plenty of apple in the freezer and I love apple crumble, apple sponge, apple cake and apple and custard (not all at the same time) and there is still some of our plums in the freezer. We freeze our golden plums straight off the tree :dbgrtmb:.

We're off to Thriplow shortly. I've loaded up the car with a 6ft x 2.5ft table, two chairs, lots of Mrs shiney's glassware and paintings and all the packaging and bits and pieces. I hope the weekend isn't too cold as our stand is in one of the many marquees. The tens of thousands of daffodils that are there should look lovely. :)

Have a great weekend :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.