1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn Yawn, Wakey Wakey..!! MK 6..

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Kandy, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Shiney,I emailed Mr Kandy about those tablets and he said that he is ok with taking them.I then Googled and came up with this Peptic ulcers – treatment so everything looks ok but Thanks for your advice and no I didn't think you were being rude:)Hope your poorly toe is getting better now and that you manage to get Barrys problems sorted out:thumbsup:

Moyra,Thanks for your kind words.:thumbsup:The cut has started to heal now but it itches a bit and i keep catching it so have to be careful with it:D

Loli,that sounds painful quiet painful with your neck and you will have to take it easy and be careful how you turn and twist as it will make it worse.Play on it like the men do and get your other half to wait on you hand and foot:DYes it is lovely have the spring type weather and I saw another big bee yesterday so they are all waking up:D

I expect Woo is busy up to his arm pits with lambing at the moment:D

Enjoy your day everyone:)

• Like Like x 1
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,228
      Good morning everyone,

Loli, I hope your neck has eased up :thumbsup:. Although Sarafi is slightly crossed eyed he looks worse when he's worried. Does anyone remember Clarence the Cross Eyed Lion?
      Clarence, The Cross-Eyed Lion (Preview Clip) - YouTube

My toe is a lot better now (still a bit sore) and I shall need to wear sandals for another couple of days or so. I had bad cramp in my other leg this morning so it's back to hobbling around :(. If I can get it to ease up I want to do some hedge cutting this afternoon. I'll have a go at the 200ft of privet.

I'm still working on redirecting Barry's mail. I tried to do it online from home, (as Barry can't have a computer - epilepsy as well as all his other problems) using my credit card but it will only accept a credit card with the address that you want the mail redirected from. It can be done in person at a post office showing either a passport or driving licence but he doesn't have either of those :DOH:. So I shall take him to the little local shop that has a post office in it where they know him. They said that they'll take the form.

Have a great day :D

• Like Like x 2
      • moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +9,817
        Morning Everyone,

Loli, Hm, nice thought but as it happens I have very light carpets so they show every spot whether brought in by Amber or otherwise so I'll stick with my super Vax carpet Shampooer it's a boon! That and my Dyson roller ball vacuum cleaner. Thought about getting another dog or a cat to make it worth cleaning! :heehee:

Shiney, glad your toe is getting better. I know how frustrated you must feel about changing Barry's address with the Post Office. I have just been on to our local cleaning and amenities department as I have run out of the pink recycling sacks so I wanted some more dropped off by one of their vehicles as they do the rounds. Not so..........of course you don't get them from them that is too obvious you have to go to your local library or housing department! Why didn't I realize that before.

Kandy, hope your mouth or the area above it is healing up nicely, it is dangerous work this housework. How's Mr K have the 'prazole' tablets done the trick? I swear by my Lansoprazole and Metoclopramide to keep my tummy happy! :thumbsup:

Have a good day all.:)

• moyra

Retired
        Ratings:
        +9,817
        Shiney, I meant to say thanks for the Clarence clip - used to watch that with my children when they were small.......:yess:

• Like Like x 1
        • Kandy

Head gardener
          Ratings:
          +6,543
          Good morning Shiney and Moyra,

Moyra,the cut has scabbed over and now the little bits are gradually coming off{sorry to be so graphic this time of the morning:D} but hopefully it won't show for too long as we have a wedding to go to in August so i am just hoping it isn't noticeable by then:DMr Kandy is finding that the tablets are making him rush off to the loo just as he is about to sit down and eat his breakfast so he is a bit messed up at the moment so to speak and then last night he had restless legs in bed which didn't help and then the neighbours car alarm went off but I was in the land of nod so missed all that:heehee:

Shiney,I can only just about remember Clarence but will always remember the name as that was the name of the avenue I was brought up in:D

Lovely and sunny here today but there is a bit of a breeze and a cold one at that,brrrrr:D

• wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
          Ratings:
          +89,736
          Good morning Moyra,Shiny and Kandy,in time just,:heehee:Hope you are all OK and well,have a great day and please stay safe my friends:)

• Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Good Late afternoon everyone !!
          I really must get back on track...this being a 'wakey wakey' thread:D
          I was on a go slow this morning again due to my neck but thankfully it's not nearly as bad as i've had it before....usually i end up with my chin on my chest as it tightens up so much...but got away with it this time...thank you for your well wishes:dbgrtmb:
          I've got a day off tommorrow so we are going to emulsion the kitchen walls,the ceiling is done so it shouldn't take long...

Hope you managed to get some of your hedge clipped Shiney:phew:bet your leg was uncomfortable though....

Have a cosy night all :sunny:

• wiseowl

Philosophy of people
          Ratings:
          +89,736
          Good morning everyone hope you are all OK and looking forward to the weekend,have a good one and please stay safe my friends.:)

• Kandy

Head gardener
          Ratings:
          +6,543
          Good morning everyone,

It is a lovely day with the sun shining and the birdies singing so looking forward to spending time outside:)We were going to have a day out but as we need to make a start on the veggie stuff have decided to put it off for a couple of weeks:D

I do hope that everyone is starting to feel a bit better especially now that Spring is on it's way:sunny: :yess:

Have a good day everyone:)

• Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Good morning Woo and All,

I'm as stiff as a board this morning but onced i've limbered up i'l get cracking...:D

It's a beautiful fresh sunny morning here so i'd like to get in the garden aswell doing the kitchen:rolleyespink:
          To my surprise there was a handsome cock pheasant in the garden earlier,which is rare around here...he must have been blown off course,i hope he comes back..
          Wishing you all a lovely day....take care everyone:sunny:

• shiney

Ratings:
          +118,228
          Good morning everyone,

I see that we are into Mark 6 now :D and Kandy had the honour of being the No 1 post. :thumbsup:

Moyra, you have 'pink' recycling sacks? :rolleyespink: Bad choice! I know some men who wouldn't be seen any where near them :heehee:

I got all the privet done :yess:. I thought I had better finish it as the warm weather is likely to get the birds nesting in it. It was quite awkward, and painful, getting up and down the ladder but I used the hedgecutter as a support to hold onto. It's nearly 6ft long so I could use it like a walking stick :thumbsup:. By the time I had finished my back and shoulders were aching and my arms were shaking like mad. Mrs shiny has had to help with the clearing up and she has given me a good massage :dbgrtmb:. This morning I only have a few aches and pains so that's good. I've still got about 400ft of laurel and 100ft of conifer to do :(. I did another section of conifer in December because that is where most of the birds seem to nest. There are already wrens, robins and blackbirds in there :dbgrtmb:

I did a very impromptu thing yesterday evening and invited some cousins round for the day. So I've now got to plan a menu and do the shopping for it. Two of the cousins are coming from 100 miles away.

• moyra

Retired
          Ratings:
          +9,817
          Morning Shiney, WOO, Kandy, Loli, Penny et al. Hope you are all getting over your little problems of cuts and grazes and sore toes etc. Loli hope you ease up a bit later try not to do too much energetic things today.

It's another lovely day today, think I will try and give the lawn a good rake if my back and legs will let me. Steve's gone furniture moving with a mate for the mates daughter. Wonder if she is single? :D Well he may be 48 but I haven't given up on him meeting the right lass. His cousin who is only a couple of years younger than him has just met a lovely Canadian girl and is going to settle down out there with her........so who knows. I would be a lot happier if I knew he had someone if anything should happen to me.:WINK1:

Anyway have a lovely weekend folks. :grouphug:

• Kandy

Head gardener
          Ratings:
          +6,543
          Good morning everyone,

I didn't realise we were on Mark 6 and was hoping it would go up to 1,000 posts before we started again:D

Shiney hope the cutting went well with the hedge and that your back and foot didn't play up too much and I bet the massge was good after the work was finished.I will keep you in mind when we next move not to get too big a garden that needs so much looking after:D

It sounds like you are going to have a good day with all your cousins and hope it goes well:thumbsup:

Moyra,how are your eyes now,are they settling down now after your laser treatment?:)Just take it easy with the gardening as there is plenty of time to get it all done:)Mr Kandy's niece is getting married in August to a man 18 years her senior{she is 23}and i think her fiance's mother thought he would never settle down so we shall see how it pans out.Rather her than me :DThey say that there is someone for everyone so your son might be lucky in meeting the girl of his dreams.Mr Kandy was 29 when we got married,although his elderly parents thought he was going to stay at home to look after them in thier dotage:heehee:

Another nice sunny day out there so look ofrward to another good day outside:)

• wiseowl

Philosophy of people
          Ratings:
          +89,736
          Good morning Kandy,Moyra and Shiney hope you are all OK and well ,have a great Sunday and please stay safe.:)

• shiney

Ratings:
          +118,228
          Good morning everyone,

It was a good day yesterday :thumbsup: and our cousins didn't go until after 1 a.m.

My toe and crampy legs are a lot better today but my arm muscles (what there is of them) are really telling me that I di a bit too much hedging. so I might do some more today :heehee:

Moyra, you'll have to sign Steve up to an online dating agency :dbgrtmb:

I wish all of you with your aches, pains and problems a lot better.

Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.