1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Rose ID

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by stanski, Jun 18, 2013.

1. stanski

stanski Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone can identify this rose for me? It is located in southwest ohio, zone 5b. I am hoping to have it id'd soon as i have a bet that i can get the internet to ID it before the local rose expert can this weekend!

Attached Files:

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,492
    Welcome to gardeners Corner Stanski. :) I think you are looking for a needle in a haystack as there are thousands of roses to choose from. I assume the rose is a climber which narrows it down a little. Three that I can think of straight away are 'Chris', 'Golden Showers' and 'Arthur Bell', I don't know if they help at all.

I'm not good at identifying roses but our rose expert here Wise Owl may be able to help you. :)

3. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,728
    Hi Stanski its been badly neglected if its a climber,a little bit of TLC would help this beautiful Rose,can you give me a petal,count my friend , and as much information as you can,age ect:)Thank you

1. It could be "Shockwave"

2. Grandiflora "Ch-Ching!."

3.Mellow Yellow

• Like Like x 1
    • stanski

Ratings:
      +1
      Thanks for the replies I appreciate your effort! I realized shortly after looking up rose varieties I was dealing with a needle in a haystack situation upon seeing the tens of thousands of rose varieties. I can't give a petal count or age because it is a rose on a house that i don't know the owners and was looking for an Id since my boss was interested in buying one similar. I am showing the pics to a local expert tomorrow and will let you know his guesses and how they match with yours! Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
      • stanski

Ratings:
        +1
        Thanks for the replies I appreciate your effort! I realized shortly after looking up rose varieties I was dealing with a needle in a haystack situation upon seeing the tens of thousands of rose varieties. I can't give a petal count or age because it is a rose on a house that i don't know the owners and was looking for an Id since my boss was interested in buying one similar. I am showing the pics to a local expert tomorrow and will let you know his guesses and how they match with yours! Thanks again