1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

YES!!!!!! Countdown to new garden!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Honey Bee, May 23, 2006.

1. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Just taken a call from the landscaper and he is starting a week Monday!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Here's the challange....

[​IMG]

lets see what the finished look is!!!!! :D :D

2. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
    I can see why you want landscapers! I levelled my garden but that doesn't look like it would be much fun. What is access like are they going to pull down the steps up?

3. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Looking forward to seeing the 'after' pictures. Are they planting and turfing, or just earth moving for you ?

4. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    They are just turfing - they quoted �£1000 for planting!!! We thought it would be so much more fun/interesting (and cheaper!!!)to do our own.... I'll be on the scrounge, big time soon!! ;)
    Yes - the steps are first to go and are going in up through the centre...
    As there is no drainage round the back of the house, the first thing to happen is a mini digger is comming in, steps are going, and a channel is being dug to the middle of the lawn for a soak-away - the hole is going to be about 10 foot deep!!!! (its going where the slide is) The wall immediatedly to the right is being moved back 1m as that is where the back door is, a patio is goung up the right side of the garden, lawn to the left, wildlife pond/ area middle back and veg patch far right corner. We will end up with around 4 or 5 different heights, miles of retaining walls, and no standing water outside the dining room doors!!! Behind where I am taking the picture is the side of the house where a little courtyard area is going. I am standing next to an extension which sticks out to the side and across the back of the house. The only thing to go untouched is the greenhouse, but I am thinking its going to look scruffy, so want a posh new one - but have been told (polite version) in your dreams!!!!!

All this is going to take around 6 weeks!!!!!!

Mr HB cant wait for the mini digger to arrive, as he is going to go out and sit in it making "Brmmmm, Brmmm" noises when the lanscaper has gone home!!!! :rolleyes:

[ 23. May 2006, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Honey Bee ]

5. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
    As every man should! "Brmmmm, Brmmm"

6. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
    When I did my front drive, I hired a mini digger, and had a great go of it :D

Nathan.

7. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
  8. whirlimix

whirlimix Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    That sounds so exciting, can't wait to see the after pictures and hear the purr of pleasure!

9. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I am glad for you Honeybee, I remember when you first posted the picture of your garden. Glad its going to be terraced - and you'll enjoy doing the planting etc.

I look forward to seeing your landscapers end result, before you start planting. Speaking from experience - it is possible to move an old aluminium greenhouse. Mine was originally half way down the garden, and when I had a new chalet shed, I moved it up to be next door to the house - so that I could get it wired up for heat and light.

Fingers crossed for you - its gonna look horrid while they're doing it - but worth it to start to garden proper.