1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Your planting suggestions please...

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by LowiePete, Apr 12, 2012.

1. LowiePete

LowiePete Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +88
    Hello Folks,

For some reason I've hit a mental / design block to do with ideas for planting in a small area outside a new raised bed. My post was placed into the gardening with disabilities section, probably mistakenly, because the question I've asked is in fact more general. Thread with pictures to illustrate the problem here...

Many thanks if you can help.

Regards,
    Steve

2. loveweeds

loveweeds Gardener

Ratings:
    +210
    well for inside the box i would only do flat cushionlike plants, like alpines. So the kind of what you've bought already.
    blue colour: lithodora diffusa (at least I think its diffusa and not another one (blossoms april),
    also a nice blue one is veronica prostrata
    for purple colour: aubrieta,
    in the front you might put cushionlike plants, which are a bit higher, like geranium types?"Brookside" is one of my favourites
    or if its not to exposed and nice sunny: cistus types, there or more hardy and less hardy ones so take care
    maybe some smaller grasses?

• Like Like x 1