1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Allotments Discussion

Got and Allotment? Or Want an Allotment? All Discussion here for what you can do and how to get one.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Webmaster
    Useful x 5

Advice on getting an allotment ......

I didn't find the council helpful in linking me to an allotment, but what I did find was using your local councils website, they usually list all the surrounding allotment sites.Working from my...
    I didn't find the council helpful in linking me to an allotment, but what I did find was using your local councils website, they usually list all the surrounding allotment sites.Working from my own postcode, I then found the nearest and typed it into a search engine and luckily they had their...
    I didn't find the council helpful in linking me to an allotment, but what I did find was using your local councils website, they usually list all the surrounding allotment sites.Working from my own postcode, I then found the nearest and typed...
    I didn't find the council helpful in linking me to an allotment, but what I did find was using your local councils website, they usually list all the surrounding allotment sites.Working from my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. arwyn

allotments

hi - i took on an allotment in october 04 by calling the local parish council office and putting my name on a 'waiting list' about june last year. the allotment year usually runs from 01 october...
    hi - i took on an allotment in october 04 by calling the local parish council office and putting my name on a 'waiting list' about june last year. the allotment year usually runs from 01 october - at this time rent for the coming year is due and all tenants are contacted for payment. some opt...
    hi - i took on an allotment in october 04 by calling the local parish council office and putting my name on a 'waiting list' about june last year. the allotment year usually runs from 01 october - at this time rent for the coming year is due and...
    hi - i took on an allotment in october 04 by calling the local parish council office and putting my name on a 'waiting list' about june last year. the allotment year usually runs from 01 october...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Eileen 2

Overgrown allotments

Hi EileenI have taken on an allotment this year that was very bad if I can I'll up load the pics later. To tackle mine Idivided it up int four 11foot x 25foot beds so that I could start putting...
    Hi EileenI have taken on an allotment this year that was very bad if I can I'll up load the pics later. To tackle mine Idivided it up int four 11foot x 25foot beds so that I could start putting veg in straight away in the first bed I put in potatoes. Any way I have now dug all the four beds I...
    Hi EileenI have taken on an allotment this year that was very bad if I can I'll up load the pics later. To tackle mine Idivided it up int four 11foot x 25foot beds so that I could start putting veg in straight away in the first bed I put in...
    Hi EileenI have taken on an allotment this year that was very bad if I can I'll up load the pics later. To tackle mine Idivided it up int four 11foot x 25foot beds so that I could start putting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. fothers

overgrown allotment

Good luck - whilst it may be daunting the amount of work required to get things under control - the work now, will pay off if you get rid of as much of the thugs as possible before you begin the...
    Good luck - whilst it may be daunting the amount of work required to get things under control - the work now, will pay off if you get rid of as much of the thugs as possible before you begin the enjoyment of planting and then enjoying your produce.
    Good luck - whilst it may be daunting the amount of work required to get things under control - the work now, will pay off if you get rid of as much of the thugs as possible before you begin the enjoyment of planting and then enjoying your produce.
    Good luck - whilst it may be daunting the amount of work required to get things under control - the work now, will pay off if you get rid of as much of the thugs as possible before you begin the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. fothers

allotment progress

Fothers...Good luck with those Docks mate - I think you'll need it. I got my allotement two years ago and had a similar nightmare. I just worked at it bit by bit, stops you becoming weary of it...
    Fothers...Good luck with those Docks mate - I think you'll need it. I got my allotement two years ago and had a similar nightmare. I just worked at it bit by bit, stops you becoming weary of it before you have even planted on it. Good Digging Mate Rob
    Fothers...Good luck with those Docks mate - I think you'll need it. I got my allotement two years ago and had a similar nightmare. I just worked at it bit by bit, stops you becoming weary of it before you have even planted on it. Good Digging...
    Fothers...Good luck with those Docks mate - I think you'll need it. I got my allotement two years ago and had a similar nightmare. I just worked at it bit by bit, stops you becoming weary of it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. mikfof

allotments

You lucky souls, Hard work to start with, but when you start producing your own fresh fruit and veg all worthwile. quite often older established allotment holders like to be asked for advice and...
    You lucky souls, Hard work to start with, but when you start producing your own fresh fruit and veg all worthwile. quite often older established allotment holders like to be asked for advice and enjoy helping. discussions often held on rainy days in the shed/ tea room. goodluck.
    You lucky souls, Hard work to start with, but when you start producing your own fresh fruit and veg all worthwile. quite often older established allotment holders like to be asked for advice and enjoy helping. discussions often held on rainy days...
    You lucky souls, Hard work to start with, but when you start producing your own fresh fruit and veg all worthwile. quite often older established allotment holders like to be asked for advice and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. loopi2k

PLOT LIFE!

thanks i'll take a look
    thanks i'll take a look
    thanks i'll take a look
    thanks i'll take a look
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. karen1981

new plot this time of year?

Karen,the best thing you can do is get the ground turned over,by digging or rotorvating then letting the frost do its work.In the spring you can start setting, meanwhile get a book from the...
    Karen,the best thing you can do is get the ground turned over,by digging or rotorvating then letting the frost do its work.In the spring you can start setting, meanwhile get a book from the library & plan for next year. Best wishes E.W.
    Karen,the best thing you can do is get the ground turned over,by digging or rotorvating then letting the frost do its work.In the spring you can start setting, meanwhile get a book from the library & plan for next year. Best wishes E.W.
    Karen,the best thing you can do is get the ground turned over,by digging or rotorvating then letting the frost do its work.In the spring you can start setting, meanwhile get a book from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. KittyKate

schhol veggie plot

You could have a 'naughty pot' instead of a naughty step! Have a great holiday.BM
    You could have a 'naughty pot' instead of a naughty step! Have a great holiday.BM
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. peduk

New Allotment

Woh! Big questions from peduk. Maybe a visit to the John Innes Institute website, or the Soil Association would help you with the basics.What makes an organic allotment is strictly a matter of...
    Woh! Big questions from peduk. Maybe a visit to the John Innes Institute website, or the Soil Association would help you with the basics.What makes an organic allotment is strictly a matter of belief, and to a rational person might be said to represent an ideal rather than a particlar set of...
    Woh! Big questions from peduk. Maybe a visit to the John Innes Institute website, or the Soil Association would help you with the basics.What makes an organic allotment is strictly a matter of belief, and to a rational person might be said to...
    Woh! Big questions from peduk. Maybe a visit to the John Innes Institute website, or the Soil Association would help you with the basics.What makes an organic allotment is strictly a matter of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. FANCY

new allotment

BADSAL, DO YOU THINK IF i USE A MINI DIGGER IT WILL get the bramble off and then rotivate it.the allotment is very large.
    BADSAL, DO YOU THINK IF i USE A MINI DIGGER IT WILL get the bramble off and then rotivate it.the allotment is very large.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. milmar

Lack of help from allotments office

Thanks to everyone of you for the advice given.Mil
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. PLOTTY

MY ALLOTMENTS WEEK 1 UPDATE

Dendi,I think Plotty needs to be on the TV instead of all these overpaid so called gardeners.I get more enjoyment out of reading Plotty's blogs than ever I do with the ones on the TV.At least he...
    Dendi,I think Plotty needs to be on the TV instead of all these overpaid so called gardeners.I get more enjoyment out of reading Plotty's blogs than ever I do with the ones on the TV.At least he shows everyone step by step how to do things.I have been alottmenteering for 26 years and there is...
    Dendi,I think Plotty needs to be on the TV instead of all these overpaid so called gardeners.I get more enjoyment out of reading Plotty's blogs than ever I do with the ones on the TV.At least he shows everyone step by step how to do things.I have...
    Dendi,I think Plotty needs to be on the TV instead of all these overpaid so called gardeners.I get more enjoyment out of reading Plotty's blogs than ever I do with the ones on the TV.At least he...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. milmar

self management of allotments

In Torfaen, the allotments are managed by "allotment groups". There are two groups, one for the south of the borough and one for the north. These groups are made up of representatives of each...
    In Torfaen, the allotments are managed by "allotment groups". There are two groups, one for the south of the borough and one for the north. These groups are made up of representatives of each allotment association and they manage the allotment sites in the area. The groups are overseen by the...
    In Torfaen, the allotments are managed by "allotment groups". There are two groups, one for the south of the borough and one for the north. These groups are made up of representatives of each allotment association and they manage the allotment...
    In Torfaen, the allotments are managed by "allotment groups". There are two groups, one for the south of the borough and one for the north. These groups are made up of representatives of each...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. milmar

Removal of rubbish on council; run allotment sites.

the site i use run you had to take your own rubbish to the tip/aminties
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. azadaman

Petition thne PM for allotments

419 folks have signed in please dont forget to sign.. http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/allotments/
    419 folks have signed in please dont forget to sign.. http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/allotments/
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. azadaman

petition to pm

sorry the site is as below. http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/schoolplots
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PLOTTY

MY ALLOTMENTS WEEK 2 UPDATE

hi plottyI just checked your allotment plans on your website, not a natural at the internet etc. How big are your plots?
    hi plottyI just checked your allotment plans on your website, not a natural at the internet etc. How big are your plots?
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. milmar

Maintenance of allotment sites

ours should be done by the council, but for the last 2 years we have lost our acsses because of building work. so its been left to us to sort it out(and they still put up the rent) :mad: oh and now...
    ours should be done by the council, but for the last 2 years we have lost our acsses because of building work. so its been left to us to sort it out(and they still put up the rent) :mad: oh and now the sheds are getting broke into! we have just got a new steward, so we will see if he can get any...
    ours should be done by the council, but for the last 2 years we have lost our acsses because of building work. so its been left to us to sort it out(and they still put up the rent) :mad: oh and now the sheds are getting broke into! we have just got...
    ours should be done by the council, but for the last 2 years we have lost our acsses because of building work. so its been left to us to sort it out(and they still put up the rent) :mad: oh and now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. PercyT

ok really scared now

I have had my allotment for 1 year now, so still a newbie really.Try things as not ev1 can grow evthing. I had trouble with sprouts, so I will leave it this year and try again next year.Make...
    I have had my allotment for 1 year now, so still a newbie really.Try things as not ev1 can grow evthing. I had trouble with sprouts, so I will leave it this year and try again next year.Make good use of your local library and find a book you are happy with and understand. This will save you...
    I have had my allotment for 1 year now, so still a newbie really.Try things as not ev1 can grow evthing. I had trouble with sprouts, so I will leave it this year and try again next year.Make good use of your local library and find a book you...
    I have had my allotment for 1 year now, so still a newbie really.Try things as not ev1 can grow evthing. I had trouble with sprouts, so I will leave it this year and try again next year.Make...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. milmar

Insurance cover for your allotment plot

Thanks to the members who replied I will take note and act accordingly. Cheers. Mil
    Thanks to the members who replied I will take note and act accordingly. Cheers. Mil
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice