Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. ms_flower

My Christmas Cactus

Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were...
    Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were bright red when I bought it but I now get a lovely shade of pinkish flowers. Have had the plant for...
    Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were bright red when I bought it but I now get a lovely...
    Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. mabchapman

Cacti plants

I used specialized cactus feed on mine once, but the best result I ever had was those roundish whitish/grey granule of "universal", slow release fertilizer you get for the whole garden. Scattered...
    I used specialized cactus feed on mine once, but the best result I ever had was those roundish whitish/grey granule of "universal", slow release fertilizer you get for the whole garden. Scattered a bit on the surface in spring, and forgot about it. THe greener and fattest cacti I ever had ;-)
    I used specialized cactus feed on mine once, but the best result I ever had was those roundish whitish/grey granule of "universal", slow release fertilizer you get for the whole garden. Scattered a bit on the surface in spring, and forgot about...
    I used specialized cactus feed on mine once, but the best result I ever had was those roundish whitish/grey granule of "universal", slow release fertilizer you get for the whole garden. Scattered...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ms_flower

Nursing my Christmas Cactus back to health - the journey so far!

Hi Ms Flower When your cacti shows signs of starting flower buds be very careful not to change the angle of light scource, if you keep it on a windowsill when you pick the plant up make sure it...
    Hi Ms Flower When your cacti shows signs of starting flower buds be very careful not to change the angle of light scource, if you keep it on a windowsill when you pick the plant up make sure it goes back facing the same way. The flower buds twist toward the light and will twist off if at a...
    Hi Ms Flower When your cacti shows signs of starting flower buds be very careful not to change the angle of light scource, if you keep it on a windowsill when you pick the plant up make sure it goes back facing the same way. The flower buds twist...
    Hi Ms Flower When your cacti shows signs of starting flower buds be very careful not to change the angle of light scource, if you keep it on a windowsill when you pick the plant up make sure it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. capney

Cactus concerns

Im thinking of using a JCB for this job.! Thanks for handling tips init sister. I think this task requires some planning :ie Risk assessment Safety equipment PMC ( Program, Method and...
    Im thinking of using a JCB for this job.! Thanks for handling tips init sister. I think this task requires some planning :ie Risk assessment Safety equipment PMC ( Program, Method and Contingency ) Can you tell what I did before retirement? Standy crews and emergency personnel on call. I...
    Im thinking of using a JCB for this job.! Thanks for handling tips init sister. I think this task requires some planning :ie Risk assessment Safety equipment PMC ( Program, Method and Contingency ) Can you tell what I did before...
    Im thinking of using a JCB for this job.! Thanks for handling tips init sister. I think this task requires some planning :ie Risk assessment Safety equipment PMC ( Program, Method and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Little Miss Road Rage

What's wrong with my cactus?

Daisee, thanks. DOn´t worry. I know how to handle and resize pics, so I will in the future. I just never realized that flickr was "screen-shrinking" them for me. I thought it was showing them in...
    Daisee, thanks. DOn´t worry. I know how to handle and resize pics, so I will in the future. I just never realized that flickr was "screen-shrinking" them for me. I thought it was showing them in their real size. Proper resizing in the future, promise. Apology. Now I will leave this thread to...
    Daisee, thanks. DOn´t worry. I know how to handle and resize pics, so I will in the future. I just never realized that flickr was "screen-shrinking" them for me. I thought it was showing them in their real size. Proper resizing in the future,...
    Daisee, thanks. DOn´t worry. I know how to handle and resize pics, so I will in the future. I just never realized that flickr was "screen-shrinking" them for me. I thought it was showing them in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kedi-Gato

Unknown succulent

Thanks Strongy. I've sent our friend the name with a link in German for it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. johnbinkley

What do I do with my cacti

Thakyou messypup and Pete. I will try to take on board what each of you have said. Never grown cacti before. Thanks again for the advice.
    Thakyou messypup and Pete. I will try to take on board what each of you have said. Never grown cacti before. Thanks again for the advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. miraflores

prickly pear cactus

I've just found this thread, Mira - naturally, after I posted the following pics elsewhere. (Edible Gardening / Exotic Fruits) The ones in your pic are loaded with fruit!We saw these in...
    I've just found this thread, Mira - naturally, after I posted the following pics elsewhere. (Edible Gardening / Exotic Fruits) The ones in your pic are loaded with fruit!We saw these in Malta this week, they make yummy jelly from them -
    I've just found this thread, Mira - naturally, after I posted the following pics elsewhere. (Edible Gardening / Exotic Fruits) The ones in your pic are loaded with fruit!We saw these in Malta this week, they make yummy jelly from them -...
    I've just found this thread, Mira - naturally, after I posted the following pics elsewhere. (Edible Gardening / Exotic Fruits) The ones in your pic are loaded with fruit!We saw these in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. roders

Christmas Cactus(again)

That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours...
    That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours rather pot-bound? mine is/are.
    That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours rather pot-bound? mine is/are.
    That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. greenfingers

Flowering cacti

Reminds me, I must bring mine under cover soon, it usually buds up then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Rich

An unusual succulent in flower.

i want one :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Victoria

Bendy Succulent

Yeah, I can see your right LOL, dont know where I got the idea that that one didn't die after flowering, I think it was an old Roy Lancaster book, cant find it now.
    Yeah, I can see your right LOL, dont know where I got the idea that that one didn't die after flowering, I think it was an old Roy Lancaster book, cant find it now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Celia

Christmas cactus

My christmas cactus is rather confused at the moment - it has buds forming again!!!!!
    My christmas cactus is rather confused at the moment - it has buds forming again!!!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Banana Man

Calling Pete 'Cactus Man'

Waco you have PM ;) Suckers and tissue culture BTW.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. greenfingers

Christmas Flowering Cactus

Well done roders! I always prized myself that my pink one was more than super but your red one is absolutely fantastic!
    Well done roders! I always prized myself that my pink one was more than super but your red one is absolutely fantastic!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Howie

barrel cactus

Not sure if they do much damage.You get them mainly on cacti and succulents grown under glass I think.It looks like little bits of cotton wool, and inside is a little bug that goes orange when you...
    Not sure if they do much damage.You get them mainly on cacti and succulents grown under glass I think.It looks like little bits of cotton wool, and inside is a little bug that goes orange when you squidge it.
    Not sure if they do much damage.You get them mainly on cacti and succulents grown under glass I think.It looks like little bits of cotton wool, and inside is a little bug that goes orange when you squidge it.
    Not sure if they do much damage.You get them mainly on cacti and succulents grown under glass I think.It looks like little bits of cotton wool, and inside is a little bug that goes orange when you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Honey Bee

Calling all Cactus Experts!!!!!!!!

HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope...
    HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope yours are the real thing.
    HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope yours are the real thing.
    HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. weekend gardener

Christmas cactus

Thanks guys for the advice on the christmas cactus i shall inform our customer, thanks also regarding the chives.
    Thanks guys for the advice on the christmas cactus i shall inform our customer, thanks also regarding the chives.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. pete

Cacti

Mira for some reason your pic didn't come out. My camera isn't good at macro, but this is as close as I can get to my Euphorbia Obesa. Always makes me think of tartan, for some reason
    Mira for some reason your pic didn't come out. My camera isn't good at macro, but this is as close as I can get to my Euphorbia Obesa. Always makes me think of tartan, for some reason
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Banana Man

Cowboy Cactus - yeeee haaaa !!!

Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus. Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in...
    Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus. Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in euphorbias. The curcuma is nice, I've grown it but not managed to get it to flower second year, just masses...
    Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus. Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in euphorbias. The curcuma is nice, I've grown it but not...
    Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus. Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice