1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. strhythm

Cactus Rot?

Google. cactus rot caused by washing up liquid. Lots of info.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Snorky85

What’s going on with this?

Oh that's good to know. Thank you both v much. I'll put some on perlite or grit and bring it inside and spray then. :biggrin:
    Oh that's good to know. Thank you both v much. I'll put some on perlite or grit and bring it inside and spray then. :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Snorky85

Succulents....cultivation

Well not quite the next day but here are pics of seed grown echiveria sown 10 months earlier. Half size seed traysEdit : He lied. Top ones are full sized seed trays
    Well not quite the next day but here are pics of seed grown echiveria sown 10 months earlier. Half size seed traysEdit : He lied. Top ones are full sized seed trays
    EF5D4606-10DA-472C-A175-1A31DAF73E6B.jpeg 76178FCD-2FB9-4440-BA26-F074EA176186.jpeg 71A93481-70FF-452F-8DB3-AF02A3DF0AF7.jpeg E044462B-811A-4A79-AB13-E5B50269AD2B.jpeg 971E3D15-5369-402C-B0EC-B2641E9AB079.jpeg B3699C17-1A18-4805-92A6-175DCE985A8D.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Rhipsalis campos-portoana

Thank you @Selleri , I have several different types of these and many of them flower. Yes they do resemble snowdrops :)
    Thank you @Selleri , I have several different types of these and many of them flower. Yes they do resemble snowdrops :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jack Sparrow

Flowering cactus

Rebutia? if so, not very Arizonian:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kennyhicks

Money tree repotting

I water when i remeber really same as my two cactus on the windowsill. What feed shall i use never fed it.
    I water when i remeber really same as my two cactus on the windowsill. What feed shall i use never fed it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Scotty2088

Plant ID please

Looks a bit like a money tree, you dont actually prune them, although you can if you want to.Any cut off pieces make good cuttings.
    Looks a bit like a money tree, you dont actually prune them, although you can if you want to.Any cut off pieces make good cuttings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. momo1103

Succulents going brown

Thank you :) Yes the taller one is an aloe and when I bought the smaller one the label said it was a Gasteria Okavango. I have moved them to a shadier area of the room, and the aloe seems to be...
    Thank you :) Yes the taller one is an aloe and when I bought the smaller one the label said it was a Gasteria Okavango. I have moved them to a shadier area of the room, and the aloe seems to be going greener already but the smaller one has no change yet. I watered them a couple of days ago so I...
    Thank you :) Yes the taller one is an aloe and when I bought the smaller one the label said it was a Gasteria Okavango. I have moved them to a shadier area of the room, and the aloe seems to be going greener already but the smaller one has no...
    Thank you :) Yes the taller one is an aloe and when I bought the smaller one the label said it was a Gasteria Okavango. I have moved them to a shadier area of the room, and the aloe seems to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kennyhicks

My house leek bowl

Thank you i will do it tomorrow
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. intel

Aloe Vera Problems

OK cheers will try that tomorrow
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Natalie emma

Drooping cactus and identification

Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think...
    Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think it will definatly become damaged if I try to straighten it. Glad it seems happy
    Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think it will definatly become damaged if I try to...
    Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Massimo

Neglected Cacti

I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only...
    I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only one appears to have been badly affected.
    I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only one appears to have been badly affected.
    I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Rebutia senilis flowering now

I've seen your photos on that thread @KFF
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Michael Hewett

Orange berries

Actually I don't find it east to propagate from cuttings, they just don't seem to 'take' , I must be doing something wrong.
    Actually I don't find it east to propagate from cuttings, they just don't seem to 'take' , I must be doing something wrong.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Flowering cacti ...

Flowering cacti in my polytunnel :-Weingartia neocumingii :-Parodia ottonis :-Gymnocalycium baldianum :-Mammillaria bocasana :-
    Flowering cacti in my polytunnel :-Weingartia neocumingii :-Parodia ottonis :-Gymnocalycium baldianum :-Mammillaria bocasana :-
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dirk053

Gifted some plants

Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted...
    Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted cacti soil, all the pots have drainage holes.The pot with the 3 plants, we have sitting in a West...
    Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted cacti soil, all the pots have drainage holes.The pot...
    Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted...
    IMG_20200614_222855.jpg IMG_20200614_222810.jpg IMG_20200614_223004.jpg IMG_20200614_222910.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Michael Hewett
    Like x 5

Echinopsis eyriesii

Well @pete, that's all it seems to need
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Emma Hooker

Cactus help

Little way of an update, managed to take two cuttings from the droopy cactus and a few leaves, and all have rooted . Only one leaf from the other succulent took root but they’re all looking good...
    Little way of an update, managed to take two cuttings from the droopy cactus and a few leaves, and all have rooted . Only one leaf from the other succulent took root but they’re all looking good and should have a few more cactus to add to my collection
    Little way of an update, managed to take two cuttings from the droopy cactus and a few leaves, and all have rooted . Only one leaf from the other succulent took root but they’re all looking good and should have a few more cactus to add to my...
    Little way of an update, managed to take two cuttings from the droopy cactus and a few leaves, and all have rooted . Only one leaf from the other succulent took root but they’re all looking good...
    D0275ECA-BFA6-4890-8EF7-889AACAF408B.jpeg C7E6C17F-8036-4867-8E54-5ED704B02E50.jpeg 631D332F-7D3F-41A9-A873-BB4D7315B208.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Emma Hooker

Help - overwatered all my newly potted succulents

If the wet continues for more than a few days I'd consider bringing them under cover, but for a while they will be okay.
    If the wet continues for more than a few days I'd consider bringing them under cover, but for a while they will be okay.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ThePlantAssassin

Terrarium advice please

Hi,If you google "cactus in terrarium" there are loads of examples and ytubes for doing that.
    Hi,If you google "cactus in terrarium" there are loads of examples and ytubes for doing that.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice