1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Hilfenburger

Cactus in need of help

To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage...
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage is only on the surface then, but it has ruined the look of the plant.
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage is only on the surface then, but it has ruined the...
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. strhythm

what's happening to my Jade propagation?

Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed...
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed them before, but does anyone have any idea what it is and if it's harmful?
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed them before, but does anyone have any idea what it...
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed...
    20200919_115324.jpg 20200919_115318.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. kindredspirit
    Like x 5

Some cactus, which grow outside all year around.

Do you leave the Aeoniums out all year as well?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Michael Hewett
    Like x 3

Astrophytum myriostigma

Astrophytum myriostigma, flowering in October - it's never done that before, and it has had several flowers through the summer.
    Astrophytum myriostigma, flowering in October - it's never done that before, and it has had several flowers through the summer.
    DSCF4237.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Snorky85

Lithops

Well I think there are different species and I'm not an expert, but nothing grows in the gloom we have between now and february.When they get adult I find there are summer flowing ones and...
    Well I think there are different species and I'm not an expert, but nothing grows in the gloom we have between now and february.When they get adult I find there are summer flowing ones and autumn flowering ones, but once flowered they tend to go dormant again, for 8 months:biggrin: They really are...
    Well I think there are different species and I'm not an expert, but nothing grows in the gloom we have between now and february.When they get adult I find there are summer flowing ones and autumn flowering ones, but once flowered they tend to...
    Well I think there are different species and I'm not an expert, but nothing grows in the gloom we have between now and february.When they get adult I find there are summer flowing ones and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Rhipsalis pilocarpa

Thank you @Ucook55
    Thank you @Ucook55
    Thank you @Ucook55
    Thank you @Ucook55
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Markymark

Watering of these!

I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that...
    I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that will be preferable to too wet. Obviously more water in summer, and very little if any in winter.
    I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that will be preferable to too wet. Obviously more...
    I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. SpiaggiaNera

Aloe problems with lower leaves

hey, how old is she??
    hey, how old is she??
    hey, how old is she??
    hey, how old is she??
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Danny Nairn

Aloe seedlings

Yes make sure there are lots of roots before moving it into a bigger pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. EmmaSpike

Small white patch

Aw thank you!! :thankyou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. redd

String of hearts

Thanks for the advice!! I am going to leave it as it is because it looks very happy at the moment. Keeping a close eye on it though....
    Thanks for the advice!! I am going to leave it as it is because it looks very happy at the moment. Keeping a close eye on it though....
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. strongylodon
    Like x 5

Cactus garden!

I saw a video of two big horn sheep having a bit of a fight. I dont know what the horns or skull is made of but you wouldn't want to get in the way of one of them.:yikes:
    I saw a video of two big horn sheep having a bit of a fight. I dont know what the horns or skull is made of but you wouldn't want to get in the way of one of them.:yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Selleri

Recommend a hardy, upright succulent please!

I had a puya alpestris I grew from seed (repotting was very painful!). It was left outside all year in Nottinghamshire and grew quite happily and flowered. It died when I forgot to water it one...
    I had a puya alpestris I grew from seed (repotting was very painful!). It was left outside all year in Nottinghamshire and grew quite happily and flowered. It died when I forgot to water it one summer, but had stood the winters no problem.
    I had a puya alpestris I grew from seed (repotting was very painful!). It was left outside all year in Nottinghamshire and grew quite happily and flowered. It died when I forgot to water it one summer, but had stood the winters no problem.
    I had a puya alpestris I grew from seed (repotting was very painful!). It was left outside all year in Nottinghamshire and grew quite happily and flowered. It died when I forgot to water it one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Ademission

Please help me identify this cactus!

Michael Hewett,Thanks very much for your identification of the Parodia leninghausii. At long last I can get them all labelled up. I don't remember ever seeing flowers on the original plant but...
    Michael Hewett,Thanks very much for your identification of the Parodia leninghausii. At long last I can get them all labelled up. I don't remember ever seeing flowers on the original plant but my wife does. It must have been many years ago. Many years ago when I was a student, I had a small...
    Michael Hewett,Thanks very much for your identification of the Parodia leninghausii. At long last I can get them all labelled up. I don't remember ever seeing flowers on the original plant but my wife does. It must have been many years...
    Michael Hewett,Thanks very much for your identification of the Parodia leninghausii. At long last I can get them all labelled up. I don't remember ever seeing flowers on the original plant but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Flat1

Cactus treat - Coryphantha maiz-tablasensis

I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green house.Since then I potted them on a south-facing windowsill and waterd them very very lightly. I...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green house.Since then I potted them on a...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green...
    Screenshot_20210511-204724_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-204727_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-204738_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210609_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210558_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210746_Gallery.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Flat1

please help me identify this very painful cactus

The place they live at now gets extremely hot in the summer as it holds on to heat from the day before.Thanks for the tip i will only go up to 15%-25% of the recommended concentration Limited to...
    The place they live at now gets extremely hot in the summer as it holds on to heat from the day before.Thanks for the tip i will only go up to 15%-25% of the recommended concentration Limited to once every 2 months during the growing seasonThat way it wont be too much fertiliser for this...
    The place they live at now gets extremely hot in the summer as it holds on to heat from the day before.Thanks for the tip i will only go up to 15%-25% of the recommended concentration Limited to once every 2 months during the growing...
    The place they live at now gets extremely hot in the summer as it holds on to heat from the day before.Thanks for the tip i will only go up to 15%-25% of the recommended concentration Limited to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. MattyBur

Poorly cactus/succulent :(

I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some...
    I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some Nematodes eat roots slowly and they tend to live in garden centresAs they prefer wet...
    I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some Nematodes eat roots slowly and they tend to live...
    I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jasmine star
    Like x 5

Flowering Melocactus.

Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone...
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone to pollinate it.Hybrids will work with some cacti but not all.
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone to pollinate it.Hybrids will work with some...
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Ademission

Please help me identify this succulent

I have / had Escheceria secunda. I say have / had because I am getting rid of all my small succulents.
    I have / had Escheceria secunda. I say have / had because I am getting rid of all my small succulents.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Michael Hewett

Euphorbia enopla

Thank you @pete, yes I do have several Euphorbias, although I have lost a few recently. Now that you mention it I think I posted the close-up photo in the 'What's looking good in May' thread. I'd...
    Thank you @pete, yes I do have several Euphorbias, although I have lost a few recently. Now that you mention it I think I posted the close-up photo in the 'What's looking good in May' thread. I'd forgotten ... my memory gets worse :old::heehee:
    Thank you @pete, yes I do have several Euphorbias, although I have lost a few recently. Now that you mention it I think I posted the close-up photo in the 'What's looking good in May' thread. I'd forgotten ... my memory gets worse :old::heehee:
    Thank you @pete, yes I do have several Euphorbias, although I have lost a few recently. Now that you mention it I think I posted the close-up photo in the 'What's looking good in May' thread. I'd...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice