1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. stumorphmac

Aloe Vera

Maybe :noidea: The nursery i got from has been there for decades and run by the same family but not a clue where he gets his stock from and it was offset size when i bought it. At least we know all ours...
    Maybe :noidea: The nursery i got from has been there for decades and run by the same family but not a clue where he gets his stock from and it was offset size when i bought it. At least we know all ours are related :grphg: :heehee: x
    Maybe :noidea: The nursery i got from has been there for decades and run by the same family but not a clue where he gets his stock from and it was offset size when i bought it. At least we know all ours are related :grphg: :heehee: x
    Maybe :noidea: The nursery i got from has been there for decades and run by the same family but not a clue where he gets his stock from and it was offset size when i bought it. At least we know all ours...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Gay Gardener

Cactus help

Thanks @Sirius that is really helpful. I did have a stab at identifying them myself but was quite confused with a few especially the lower left and lower right and the top right. Appreciate your...
    Thanks @Sirius that is really helpful. I did have a stab at identifying them myself but was quite confused with a few especially the lower left and lower right and the top right. Appreciate your exertise on this. Am off to the big city tomorrow so will browse through some books at...
    Thanks @Sirius that is really helpful. I did have a stab at identifying them myself but was quite confused with a few especially the lower left and lower right and the top right. Appreciate your exertise on this. Am off to the big city...
    Thanks @Sirius that is really helpful. I did have a stab at identifying them myself but was quite confused with a few especially the lower left and lower right and the top right. Appreciate your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk
    Like x 6

Echeveria 2015

@sal73 here they are, after nearly three weeks under the snow.
    uploadfromtaptalk1423938172789.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1425048371535.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1425048412975.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. hattersmatters

Cactus identification

Thanks for the help and identification! The reason i have been asked to find out if it can be pruned is that it has grown to 8ft tall and is now too big for the conservatory.
    Thanks for the help and identification! The reason i have been asked to find out if it can be pruned is that it has grown to 8ft tall and is now too big for the conservatory.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. longk
    Like x 3

Kalanchoe x houghtonii

Want one of those,
    Want one of those,
    Want one of those,
    Want one of those,
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. rosietutu

Christmas flowering cacti

Ones for last Christmas and one for this Christmas;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. NigelJ
    Like x 6

Stapelia divaricata

@longk No it isn't whiffy, but this could be due to it being kept on the cool side. The flower was a bit of a surprise as I had expected something more textured like other stapeliads. Instead it...
    @longk No it isn't whiffy, but this could be due to it being kept on the cool side. The flower was a bit of a surprise as I had expected something more textured like other stapeliads. Instead it has the waxy look of a hoya.
    @longk No it isn't whiffy, but this could be due to it being kept on the cool side. The flower was a bit of a surprise as I had expected something more textured like other stapeliads. Instead it has the waxy look of a hoya.
    @longk No it isn't whiffy, but this could be due to it being kept on the cool side. The flower was a bit of a surprise as I had expected something more textured like other stapeliads. Instead it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sirius
    Like x 4

Stapelia glanduliflora

The species from the South Western Cape area, tend to be a bit more tolerant of cooler conditions. But I would still keep them above frost free - 5*C at least to be safe The ones from the Eastern...
    The species from the South Western Cape area, tend to be a bit more tolerant of cooler conditions. But I would still keep them above frost free - 5*C at least to be safe The ones from the Eastern part of SA, and further north want it warmer. And the ones from the Northern Cape, a lot drier
    The species from the South Western Cape area, tend to be a bit more tolerant of cooler conditions. But I would still keep them above frost free - 5*C at least to be safe The ones from the Eastern part of SA, and further north want it warmer. And...
    The species from the South Western Cape area, tend to be a bit more tolerant of cooler conditions. But I would still keep them above frost free - 5*C at least to be safe The ones from the Eastern...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sal73

Agaves the beauty and the beast

I`ve recently start to collect Agaves , I didn`t even know that there are so many e they go from tropical to desert , at the moment I`m dividing them as the hardy and ugly and the soft and pretty...
    I`ve recently start to collect Agaves , I didn`t even know that there are so many e they go from tropical to desert , at the moment I`m dividing them as the hardy and ugly and the soft and pretty , please just help me with find few more variety .along with the hardiness . Agave Macho Mocha...
    I`ve recently start to collect Agaves , I didn`t even know that there are so many e they go from tropical to desert , at the moment I`m dividing them as the hardy and ugly and the soft and pretty , please just help me with find few more variety...
    I`ve recently start to collect Agaves , I didn`t even know that there are so many e they go from tropical to desert , at the moment I`m dividing them as the hardy and ugly and the soft and pretty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Mark Davies
    Like x 4

Aloe polyphylla

I had to google that Puya - spectacular! I'm growing Puya coerulea var. violacea and P.mirabilis. They germinate easily but seem to take ages to get going. Then suddenly they're off.
    I had to google that Puya - spectacular! I'm growing Puya coerulea var. violacea and P.mirabilis. They germinate easily but seem to take ages to get going. Then suddenly they're off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sal73

Agave Albina

But I couldn't live with its mother!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. John Harruison

Aloe striatula and arid bed.

I'm not sure if I'm right, but this eventually becomes a climber with Ariel roots, I had one go that way a few years ago just before it was wiped out by the bad winter, 2009.I do tend to give...
    I'm not sure if I'm right, but this eventually becomes a climber with Ariel roots, I had one go that way a few years ago just before it was wiped out by the bad winter, 2009.I do tend to give mine a little protection should we get something below minus 5C, but I tend to plant it in micro...
    I'm not sure if I'm right, but this eventually becomes a climber with Ariel roots, I had one go that way a few years ago just before it was wiped out by the bad winter, 2009.I do tend to give mine a little protection should we get something...
    I'm not sure if I'm right, but this eventually becomes a climber with Ariel roots, I had one go that way a few years ago just before it was wiped out by the bad winter, 2009.I do tend to give...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. BastLoki

Urgent help for a christmas cactus?

Yes, cutting root easily from this. (Schlumbergera)Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. leonora

New to cacti and succulents

Do you have an open patio to grow them on??They like a well drained, open mix.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Monty33

Where to buy succulent plugs ?

It can always be a continual work where larger pieces are removed and chicks from other plants added to the picture as and when it is needed.I like your suggestions of indoor and outdoor...
    It can always be a continual work where larger pieces are removed and chicks from other plants added to the picture as and when it is needed.I like your suggestions of indoor and outdoor versions with differing succulent types, gives me another project if nothing else.I certainly didn't...
    It can always be a continual work where larger pieces are removed and chicks from other plants added to the picture as and when it is needed.I like your suggestions of indoor and outdoor versions with differing succulent types, gives me another...
    It can always be a continual work where larger pieces are removed and chicks from other plants added to the picture as and when it is needed.I like your suggestions of indoor and outdoor...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. John Stevenson

Poorly Cactus

Thanks to all for your advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. stephenprudence

Some Mesebryanthemums and other succulents, and dry tolerant plants around town.

Nice, love that Daisy, actually I love most of the Daisy family :dunno:.Here in Northampton we have entered the Britain in bloom celebrations (is it 50 or 75 years?), Ha! all we have are some planters...
    Nice, love that Daisy, actually I love most of the Daisy family :dunno:.Here in Northampton we have entered the Britain in bloom celebrations (is it 50 or 75 years?), Ha! all we have are some planters filled with Petunias hanging off some of the railings at road junctions, not seen 1 hanging basket...
    Nice, love that Daisy, actually I love most of the Daisy family :dunno:.Here in Northampton we have entered the Britain in bloom celebrations (is it 50 or 75 years?), Ha! all we have are some planters filled with Petunias hanging off some of the...
    Nice, love that Daisy, actually I love most of the Daisy family :dunno:.Here in Northampton we have entered the Britain in bloom celebrations (is it 50 or 75 years?), Ha! all we have are some planters...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. longk
    Like x 6

Echinopsis subdenudata

Its the kind of scent that is not that great if you put your nose in the flower, but when its in the air on a warm night its quite pleasant.
    Its the kind of scent that is not that great if you put your nose in the flower, but when its in the air on a warm night its quite pleasant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. kindredspirit
    Like x 6

Arid Bed this morning.

Delosperma Cooperi, Strongylodon. I see on one of the pics, Sea Thrift has crept in at the front. :)
    Delosperma Cooperi, Strongylodon. I see on one of the pics, Sea Thrift has crept in at the front. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Phil A
    Funny x 3

Thing on a Cactus

Cheers Zig have a good time drinking smoking and lobbing bottles :yay:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice