1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Michael Hewett
    Like x 5

Peperomia flowering

Peperomia verticillata flowering ...
    P verticillata.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Selleri

Hydroponic succulent growing?

Update 9 months later:Both experiments are alive and have some new growth. They probably would have more new growth if I hadn't totally forgotten about fertiliser :doh: That's sort of the basic...
    Update 9 months later:Both experiments are alive and have some new growth. They probably would have more new growth if I hadn't totally forgotten about fertiliser :doh: That's sort of the basic stuff when playing with hydroponics but hey ho, at least they have not turned into swampy pea soup :biggrin:...
    Update 9 months later:Both experiments are alive and have some new growth. They probably would have more new growth if I hadn't totally forgotten about fertiliser :doh: That's sort of the basic stuff when playing with hydroponics but hey ho, at...
    Update 9 months later:Both experiments are alive and have some new growth. They probably would have more new growth if I hadn't totally forgotten about fertiliser :doh: That's sort of the basic...
    baubles.jpg hydro2.jpg hydro1.jpg hydro3.jpg hydro.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Baalmaiden
    Like x 4

My Mother of Thousands Kalanchoe flowered last year..

Yep! I have one in the greenhouse too and I have to weed the babies out. I like it as a curiosity though.
    Yep! I have one in the greenhouse too and I have to weed the babies out. I like it as a curiosity though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. kindredspirit
    Like x 11

A few succulents.

Love the fossil succulent kindred spirit !!!!!! :rolleyespink:Plus your whole collection
    Love the fossil succulent kindred spirit !!!!!! :rolleyespink:Plus your whole collection
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Michael Hewett

Danyz

Why do you think it's diseased @Victoria ? There's a raised coloured pattern on the leaves and the flowers are going over but I thought some of them still looked all right. They are on a long...
    Why do you think it's diseased @Victoria ? There's a raised coloured pattern on the leaves and the flowers are going over but I thought some of them still looked all right. They are on a long spike..
    Why do you think it's diseased @Victoria ? There's a raised coloured pattern on the leaves and the flowers are going over but I thought some of them still looked all right. They are on a long spike..
    Why do you think it's diseased @Victoria ? There's a raised coloured pattern on the leaves and the flowers are going over but I thought some of them still looked all right. They are on a long...
    127_3963.jpg 127_3964.jpg Alos Danyz.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Victoria

Sedum and Crassula from Seed

Very strange. I got notification of a refund on the Aeonium Kiwi from Malta yesterday then this morning notification it has been shipped along with the Sedum rupestre syn reflexum cutting. Be...
    Very strange. I got notification of a refund on the Aeonium Kiwi from Malta yesterday then this morning notification it has been shipped along with the Sedum rupestre syn reflexum cutting. Be interesting to see how long it takes as Malta was 10 days last time. I have decided against seed.
    Very strange. I got notification of a refund on the Aeonium Kiwi from Malta yesterday then this morning notification it has been shipped along with the Sedum rupestre syn reflexum cutting. Be interesting to see how long it takes as Malta was 10...
    Very strange. I got notification of a refund on the Aeonium Kiwi from Malta yesterday then this morning notification it has been shipped along with the Sedum rupestre syn reflexum cutting. Be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Old cacti

Mine are nowhere as old as yours but I repotted them this year & it has made a lot of difference - though only one that hadn't flowered before produced a single flower - a sign of gratitude...
    Mine are nowhere as old as yours but I repotted them this year & it has made a lot of difference - though only one that hadn't flowered before produced a single flower - a sign of gratitude perhaps??? :blue thumb: The only one that flowers every year again produced lots of cerise pink flowers again this...
    Mine are nowhere as old as yours but I repotted them this year & it has made a lot of difference - though only one that hadn't flowered before produced a single flower - a sign of gratitude perhaps??? :blue thumb: The only one that flowers every year again...
    Mine are nowhere as old as yours but I repotted them this year & it has made a lot of difference - though only one that hadn't flowered before produced a single flower - a sign of gratitude...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Victoria

Schlumberga hybrid 'Twilight Tangerine'

Okay Michael, will do. I will mist the stems.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Michael Hewett
    Like x 11

My new camper van :)

Thank you all I had intended putting bedding plants in it but then thought of using up a few of my succulent cuttings. They can stay in there permanently, no need to change them every year like...
    Thank you all I had intended putting bedding plants in it but then thought of using up a few of my succulent cuttings. They can stay in there permanently, no need to change them every year like bedding plants :dbgrtmb:
    Thank you all I had intended putting bedding plants in it but then thought of using up a few of my succulent cuttings. They can stay in there permanently, no need to change them every year like bedding plants :dbgrtmb:
    Thank you all I had intended putting bedding plants in it but then thought of using up a few of my succulent cuttings. They can stay in there permanently, no need to change them every year like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Hewett
    Agree x 3

Slug damage !

I think you can only buy Ferric phosphate slug pellets now, Metaldehyde ones have been banned.
    I think you can only buy Ferric phosphate slug pellets now, Metaldehyde ones have been banned.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Michael Hewett

New Succulents :)

Thank you @pete, it is actually an Aeonium called 'Bluebird'. It's relatively new and was a cutting when I bought it so the stem is very short at the moment. It looks as if it has rooted so I'm...
    Thank you @pete, it is actually an Aeonium called 'Bluebird'. It's relatively new and was a cutting when I bought it so the stem is very short at the moment. It looks as if it has rooted so I'm hoping it will grow a bit now.
    Thank you @pete, it is actually an Aeonium called 'Bluebird'. It's relatively new and was a cutting when I bought it so the stem is very short at the moment. It looks as if it has rooted so I'm hoping it will grow a bit now.
    Thank you @pete, it is actually an Aeonium called 'Bluebird'. It's relatively new and was a cutting when I bought it so the stem is very short at the moment. It looks as if it has rooted so I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ChrisM6

Plant ID please - Flaming Katy?

Yes, the double one is K Calandiva which I would like.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Michael Hewett
    Like x 10

Two flowering now ...

I couldn't agree with you more! :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. dowtish

Dragon Fruit Cacti

Yeah seen one growing in an abandoned house in Crete. It had literally taken over the whole house. Plan is to keep them under control with regular pruning that's if I'm even lucky enough to get...
    Yeah seen one growing in an abandoned house in Crete. It had literally taken over the whole house. Plan is to keep them under control with regular pruning that's if I'm even lucky enough to get to that stage. Will prune off the shoots that I don't train up the support but don't want to touch...
    Yeah seen one growing in an abandoned house in Crete. It had literally taken over the whole house. Plan is to keep them under control with regular pruning that's if I'm even lucky enough to get to that stage. Will prune off the shoots that I...
    Yeah seen one growing in an abandoned house in Crete. It had literally taken over the whole house. Plan is to keep them under control with regular pruning that's if I'm even lucky enough to get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. DazzerLancs

Lithop and queen of the night seedling?

I'll stick with them, I agree they all seem to look alike at that stage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. pete
    Informative x 3

Aeonium Nobile

Wow, I missed this before. Tat is impressive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Michael Hewett
    Like x 5

Kalanchoe

Just bring this forward as I have a few Kalanchoe blossfeldiana.This was it blooming in April ... ... and today ...
    Just bring this forward as I have a few Kalanchoe blossfeldiana.This was it blooming in April ... ... and today ...
    DSCF6072.JPG Kalanchoe blosfeldiana Aurora.JPG Kalanchoe 21 Apr 23.jpg Kalanchoe 1 Jul 23.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ChrisM6

Sedum ID please

Spot on! I just found a label from the original pot that says "Sedum Album Coral Carpet". Between it and our profuse flowering of Sedum Rupestre Angelina growing with gusto in our front gravel...
    Spot on! I just found a label from the original pot that says "Sedum Album Coral Carpet". Between it and our profuse flowering of Sedum Rupestre Angelina growing with gusto in our front gravel garden, I've come to really appreciate the merits of such plants. They also suit our eclectic...
    Spot on! I just found a label from the original pot that says "Sedum Album Coral Carpet". Between it and our profuse flowering of Sedum Rupestre Angelina growing with gusto in our front gravel garden, I've come to really appreciate the merits...
    Spot on! I just found a label from the original pot that says "Sedum Album Coral Carpet". Between it and our profuse flowering of Sedum Rupestre Angelina growing with gusto in our front gravel...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. EamonnB

Lewisia cotyledon

Lower leaves going limp is a sign that they've too much water.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Barders

Learning resource recommendation please

Hi All,I’ve just got a little job (today very excited) in a private estate and part of the role will be working with the Lady of the house who loves succulents. I don’t have a lot of experience...
    Hi All,I’ve just got a little job (today very excited) in a private estate and part of the role will be working with the Lady of the house who loves succulents. I don’t have a lot of experience with houseplants as it is, and even less with succulents, so wondered if anyone could recommend a...
    Hi All,I’ve just got a little job (today very excited) in a private estate and part of the role will be working with the Lady of the house who loves succulents. I don’t have a lot of experience with houseplants as it is, and even less with...
    Hi All,I’ve just got a little job (today very excited) in a private estate and part of the role will be working with the Lady of the house who loves succulents. I don’t have a lot of experience...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice