1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. capney

Cactus concerns

Im thinking of using a JCB for this job.! Thanks for handling tips init sister. I think this task requires some planning :ie Risk assessment Safety equipment PMC ( Program, Method and...
    Im thinking of using a JCB for this job.! Thanks for handling tips init sister. I think this task requires some planning :ie Risk assessment Safety equipment PMC ( Program, Method and Contingency ) Can you tell what I did before retirement? Standy crews and emergency personnel on call. I...
    Im thinking of using a JCB for this job.! Thanks for handling tips init sister. I think this task requires some planning :ie Risk assessment Safety equipment PMC ( Program, Method and Contingency ) Can you tell what I did before...
    Im thinking of using a JCB for this job.! Thanks for handling tips init sister. I think this task requires some planning :ie Risk assessment Safety equipment PMC ( Program, Method and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. ms_flower

Nursing my Christmas Cactus back to health - the journey so far!

Hi Ms Flower When your cacti shows signs of starting flower buds be very careful not to change the angle of light scource, if you keep it on a windowsill when you pick the plant up make sure it...
    Hi Ms Flower When your cacti shows signs of starting flower buds be very careful not to change the angle of light scource, if you keep it on a windowsill when you pick the plant up make sure it goes back facing the same way. The flower buds twist toward the light and will twist off if at a...
    Hi Ms Flower When your cacti shows signs of starting flower buds be very careful not to change the angle of light scource, if you keep it on a windowsill when you pick the plant up make sure it goes back facing the same way. The flower buds twist...
    Hi Ms Flower When your cacti shows signs of starting flower buds be very careful not to change the angle of light scource, if you keep it on a windowsill when you pick the plant up make sure it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. mabchapman

Cacti plants

I used specialized cactus feed on mine once, but the best result I ever had was those roundish whitish/grey granule of "universal", slow release fertilizer you get for the whole garden. Scattered...
    I used specialized cactus feed on mine once, but the best result I ever had was those roundish whitish/grey granule of "universal", slow release fertilizer you get for the whole garden. Scattered a bit on the surface in spring, and forgot about it. THe greener and fattest cacti I ever had ;-)
    I used specialized cactus feed on mine once, but the best result I ever had was those roundish whitish/grey granule of "universal", slow release fertilizer you get for the whole garden. Scattered a bit on the surface in spring, and forgot about...
    I used specialized cactus feed on mine once, but the best result I ever had was those roundish whitish/grey granule of "universal", slow release fertilizer you get for the whole garden. Scattered...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ms_flower

My Christmas Cactus

Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were...
    Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were bright red when I bought it but I now get a lovely shade of pinkish flowers. Have had the plant for...
    Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were bright red when I bought it but I now get a lovely...
    Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Joshua_UK

Help - Succulent falling over

OK - many thanks again Pete :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. capney

Cactus flowers

Yep, repot them singly, otherwise carry on with the neglect.I'm sure they will respond.
    Yep, repot them singly, otherwise carry on with the neglect.I'm sure they will respond.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. danielz000

cacti rot

Thanks Pete, I'll bare in mind you advice if I see any more rot setting in. Hopefully I'll be ok though... Also, thank you for your advice about it not being a garden plant. Unfortunately my...
    Thanks Pete, I'll bare in mind you advice if I see any more rot setting in. Hopefully I'll be ok though... Also, thank you for your advice about it not being a garden plant. Unfortunately my parents put it out in the garden with every intention of killing it, instead it grew massively and...
    Thanks Pete, I'll bare in mind you advice if I see any more rot setting in. Hopefully I'll be ok though... Also, thank you for your advice about it not being a garden plant. Unfortunately my parents put it out in the garden with every...
    Thanks Pete, I'll bare in mind you advice if I see any more rot setting in. Hopefully I'll be ok though... Also, thank you for your advice about it not being a garden plant. Unfortunately my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sneaker

Need help unloading our Harissia Cactus ...

Cant really help much Sneaker,as I'm in a similar situation with a couple of cacti myself. It sounds like its a massive plant, has it flowered well, by the way?I dont think if it was me I...
    Cant really help much Sneaker,as I'm in a similar situation with a couple of cacti myself. It sounds like its a massive plant, has it flowered well, by the way?I dont think if it was me I would be wanting it to go to a restaurant, they usually treat plants as decoration and throw them out...
    Cant really help much Sneaker,as I'm in a similar situation with a couple of cacti myself. It sounds like its a massive plant, has it flowered well, by the way?I dont think if it was me I would be wanting it to go to a restaurant, they...
    Cant really help much Sneaker,as I'm in a similar situation with a couple of cacti myself. It sounds like its a massive plant, has it flowered well, by the way?I dont think if it was me I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. RandyRos

cactus and carrot

Wee Wheelie Chilly......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. PaulThor

Sad Cactus

My girlfriend has two small cactus/cacti and they aren't doing so well. I have attached a photo in the hope that someone may have some advice. The one on the left used to be as fat as the pot that...
    My girlfriend has two small cactus/cacti and they aren't doing so well. I have attached a photo in the hope that someone may have some advice. The one on the left used to be as fat as the pot that it's in. She had them inside for years and for no apparent reason they started changing. She now...
    My girlfriend has two small cactus/cacti and they aren't doing so well. I have attached a photo in the hope that someone may have some advice. The one on the left used to be as fat as the pot that it's in. She had them inside for years and for no...
    My girlfriend has two small cactus/cacti and they aren't doing so well. I have attached a photo in the hope that someone may have some advice. The one on the left used to be as fat as the pot that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. stbssn

Cactus with brown patches

I agree with Pete, to check if it needs water, I would stick my finger into the pot, and see if the compost further down feels wet or dry. Depending on location, I would perhaps suggest once...
    I agree with Pete, to check if it needs water, I would stick my finger into the pot, and see if the compost further down feels wet or dry. Depending on location, I would perhaps suggest once every two - three weeks for during the summer months, and around six-eight weeks in the winter, perhaps...
    I agree with Pete, to check if it needs water, I would stick my finger into the pot, and see if the compost further down feels wet or dry. Depending on location, I would perhaps suggest once every two - three weeks for during the summer months,...
    I agree with Pete, to check if it needs water, I would stick my finger into the pot, and see if the compost further down feels wet or dry. Depending on location, I would perhaps suggest once...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. LouFace

Cacti out of control

someof them look really nice i use garden canes to help keep my tall one that wants to run riot straight (ish). pete thanks for the info on taken cuttings never new that.
    someof them look really nice i use garden canes to help keep my tall one that wants to run riot straight (ish). pete thanks for the info on taken cuttings never new that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Rhyleysgranny

Cacti

I put the seeds in a seed tray with a mix of potting compost and sand them covered with a fine layer of sand and then covered with cling film. They are starting to germinate :yho:
    I put the seeds in a seed tray with a mix of potting compost and sand them covered with a fine layer of sand and then covered with cling film. They are starting to germinate :yho:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Pete02

Succulent

Sorry Pete02 cannot help you with your plant, but you have Good taste in Patio Sets :) I Have The Same One:) music :cool:.
    Sorry Pete02 cannot help you with your plant, but you have Good taste in Patio Sets :) I Have The Same One:) music :cool:.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. HBK

Are my cacti dead?

What appears to have happened is the new growth has grown by sucking the moisture from the bottom part of the plant, I'm thinking the bottom part has no living roots so its shrivelled in the...
    What appears to have happened is the new growth has grown by sucking the moisture from the bottom part of the plant, I'm thinking the bottom part has no living roots so its shrivelled in the process.I've laid cacti cuttings on the bench in the greenhouse to callous over the cut surface, and...
    What appears to have happened is the new growth has grown by sucking the moisture from the bottom part of the plant, I'm thinking the bottom part has no living roots so its shrivelled in the process.I've laid cacti cuttings on the bench in the...
    What appears to have happened is the new growth has grown by sucking the moisture from the bottom part of the plant, I'm thinking the bottom part has no living roots so its shrivelled in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. TessP

In search of a succulent!

Google for suppliers..you should be able to find it with some effort. The pricing would definitely be steep I feel____________________________________________lawn care service
    Google for suppliers..you should be able to find it with some effort. The pricing would definitely be steep I feel____________________________________________lawn care service
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. SvenLittkowski

Pitaya Cactus: All Blossoms Black and Dead

Oh? I never knew that. That means, there's still a chance of getting fruits - I will check them out right tomorrow morning! Thanks for that useful information!PS: anyone being able to locate...
    Oh? I never knew that. That means, there's still a chance of getting fruits - I will check them out right tomorrow morning! Thanks for that useful information!PS: anyone being able to locate natural hazelnuts? Need these seeds because I want to grow them. Thanks. I offer seeds of tropical...
    Oh? I never knew that. That means, there's still a chance of getting fruits - I will check them out right tomorrow morning! Thanks for that useful information!PS: anyone being able to locate natural hazelnuts? Need these seeds because I want...
    Oh? I never knew that. That means, there's still a chance of getting fruits - I will check them out right tomorrow morning! Thanks for that useful information!PS: anyone being able to locate...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Duffy

Cacti help please

Looking at the pics Duffy, you appear to have "grafted" cacti, ie, a specific cacti has been grafted onto a rootstock, I suggest it was not a flower.In pics one and two I would guess the grafted...
    Looking at the pics Duffy, you appear to have "grafted" cacti, ie, a specific cacti has been grafted onto a rootstock, I suggest it was not a flower.In pics one and two I would guess the grafted plant has died and the shoots are from the rootstock, in pic three we have one of those shoots...
    Looking at the pics Duffy, you appear to have "grafted" cacti, ie, a specific cacti has been grafted onto a rootstock, I suggest it was not a flower.In pics one and two I would guess the grafted plant has died and the shoots are from the...
    Looking at the pics Duffy, you appear to have "grafted" cacti, ie, a specific cacti has been grafted onto a rootstock, I suggest it was not a flower.In pics one and two I would guess the grafted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Samakawy

cactus dish garden ?

The display looks very pretty, maybe it will be possible to just move the position of the plants according to growht rate once you put them in a bigger container. But, are you saying that they...
    The display looks very pretty, maybe it will be possible to just move the position of the plants according to growht rate once you put them in a bigger container. But, are you saying that they don't get natural light?
    The display looks very pretty, maybe it will be possible to just move the position of the plants according to growht rate once you put them in a bigger container. But, are you saying that they don't get natural light?
    The display looks very pretty, maybe it will be possible to just move the position of the plants according to growht rate once you put them in a bigger container. But, are you saying that they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. miraflores

A Sicilian Garden - succulents heaven

Wonderful ,I also liked the Plumeria ... Dave
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice