Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Aesculus

What Cacti is This? and how do I not Kill it?

It's currently in my room on the window sill where I have the window open all year round:o so no water and no repot gotcha:dbgrtmb: but if it dies expect a PM:paladin::roflsign:
    It's currently in my room on the window sill where I have the window open all year round:o so no water and no repot gotcha:dbgrtmb: but if it dies expect a PM:paladin::roflsign:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. DaveP

Worth waking-up for...

Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars...
    Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars in a number of states of growth:hapfeet: You know me far to well Pete I'd love a bit of your Pink one as...
    Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars in a number of states of growth:hapfeet: You know me far...
    Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Val..

Another idea for protecting my plants!!

I think fleece would shut out too much light. Would be fairly easy to lift the cloches & wipe them over, but yes it could be a problem with cactus!:scratch: Val
    I think fleece would shut out too much light. Would be fairly easy to lift the cloches & wipe them over, but yes it could be a problem with cactus!:scratch: Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sean

Jade Plant

I'll probably give it a go too, next year, I'm guessing they need at least a few leaves to produce flowers lol
    I'll probably give it a go too, next year, I'm guessing they need at least a few leaves to produce flowers lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sal73

Hardy succulent

Gasteria verrucosa is not going to be hardy. I really doubt it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. catztail

for sal73

Wow that's amazing!
    Wow that's amazing!
    Wow that's amazing!
    Wow that's amazing!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. sal73
    Like x 4

Lidl Cactus

Sal, If you keep Aloe striatula dry in winter, you will probably keep it going. I find it usually dies back if it gets wet.
    Sal, If you keep Aloe striatula dry in winter, you will probably keep it going. I find it usually dies back if it gets wet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. miraflores
    Like x 6

blooming for one day only

I'd hazard a guess at Echinopsis Mira, usually night blooming, (opens in the evening and last the following day if kept in the shade), some are scented.
    I'd hazard a guess at Echinopsis Mira, usually night blooming, (opens in the evening and last the following day if kept in the shade), some are scented.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sal73

Aeonium Arboreum

Grown a few Aeoniums but not good at ID. All I can say is light levels play a big part in how they grow/look. I'd give all of them full sun and dryish in summer. They can grow out of character...
    Grown a few Aeoniums but not good at ID. All I can say is light levels play a big part in how they grow/look. I'd give all of them full sun and dryish in summer. They can grow out of character if forced or grown in shade,
    Grown a few Aeoniums but not good at ID. All I can say is light levels play a big part in how they grow/look. I'd give all of them full sun and dryish in summer. They can grow out of character if forced or grown in shade,
    Grown a few Aeoniums but not good at ID. All I can say is light levels play a big part in how they grow/look. I'd give all of them full sun and dryish in summer. They can grow out of character...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Caveman

Overwintering cactus and succulents ....

Not a clear photo. But it looks like Euphorbia ferox to me. Agree with Sal on the rest I would say min 3*C. There aren't that many, so I would try keep them on a windowsill. No water, as even...
    Not a clear photo. But it looks like Euphorbia ferox to me. Agree with Sal on the rest I would say min 3*C. There aren't that many, so I would try keep them on a windowsill. No water, as even though it may be warmer indoors, they will etiolate due to the poor light.
    Not a clear photo. But it looks like Euphorbia ferox to me. Agree with Sal on the rest I would say min 3*C. There aren't that many, so I would try keep them on a windowsill. No water, as even though it may be warmer indoors, they will etiolate...
    Not a clear photo. But it looks like Euphorbia ferox to me. Agree with Sal on the rest I would say min 3*C. There aren't that many, so I would try keep them on a windowsill. No water, as even...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. miraflores

aloe vera

sal, I do agree that loads of plants are named Aloe vera by people who don't have a clue.But this is one i actually wouldnt bother with. There are so many fantastic miniature species of Aloe.
    sal, I do agree that loads of plants are named Aloe vera by people who don't have a clue.But this is one i actually wouldnt bother with. There are so many fantastic miniature species of Aloe.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sal73

Man of the Andes

Pete , don`t get me wrong in this , Will giles is more of an illusionist , when you walk in his garden you will be really impressed , but if you look closely there is lots of illusion around it...
    Pete , don`t get me wrong in this , Will giles is more of an illusionist , when you walk in his garden you will be really impressed , but if you look closely there is lots of illusion around it ....I`m not talking bad about him , but he really inspired me. If you feel your garden with gravel ,...
    Pete , don`t get me wrong in this , Will giles is more of an illusionist , when you walk in his garden you will be really impressed , but if you look closely there is lots of illusion around it ....I`m not talking bad about him , but he really...
    Pete , don`t get me wrong in this , Will giles is more of an illusionist , when you walk in his garden you will be really impressed , but if you look closely there is lots of illusion around it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Antonig

Old Man Of....

Haha, you should see the flight of our arrows! I had to move it from the window sill to take a pic. lol. I'll grab my lad's Blackberry and take a better pic in situ :biggrin:
    Haha, you should see the flight of our arrows! I had to move it from the window sill to take a pic. lol. I'll grab my lad's Blackberry and take a better pic in situ :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. pete

Frozen cacti

In my Dads defence, he has not killed the Lavender that he bought. Trouble is that he will soon be moaning that they are taking the garden over! He is quite happy (and good at ) all the messing...
    In my Dads defence, he has not killed the Lavender that he bought. Trouble is that he will soon be moaning that they are taking the garden over! He is quite happy (and good at ) all the messing about that is needed to grow a few potatoes!
    In my Dads defence, he has not killed the Lavender that he bought. Trouble is that he will soon be moaning that they are taking the garden over! He is quite happy (and good at ) all the messing about that is needed to grow a few potatoes!
    In my Dads defence, he has not killed the Lavender that he bought. Trouble is that he will soon be moaning that they are taking the garden over! He is quite happy (and good at ) all the messing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Phil A

Welcome

Yep just renewed my own membership costs just £15 which includes the quarterly journal but not the yearly book, I also attend local monthly meetings
    Yep just renewed my own membership costs just £15 which includes the quarterly journal but not the yearly book, I also attend local monthly meetings
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. pete
    Like x 9

Pete's cactuses

I lost my Tee-shirt being there and doing that !!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. pete

FAO Aesculus

Yes there's lots of very weak spindly growth which will need removing
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sal73

Cactus nursery

Sal, Very nice. Lots of tempting plants there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Aesculus

Epiphyllums and other Cacti

They probably are a bit warm to be honest ;)Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    They probably are a bit warm to be honest ;)Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. wiseowl

Christmas Cactus

No problem. :blue thumb: Personally, I would start again and root some cuttings. Wait a few weeks until the days are longer and the weather is warmer. And then cut a few "chains" of segments, leave to dry...
    No problem. :blue thumb: Personally, I would start again and root some cuttings. Wait a few weeks until the days are longer and the weather is warmer. And then cut a few "chains" of segments, leave to dry for a few days, and then re-root in fresh soil.
    No problem. :blue thumb: Personally, I would start again and root some cuttings. Wait a few weeks until the days are longer and the weather is warmer. And then cut a few "chains" of segments, leave to dry for a few days, and then re-root in fresh soil.
    No problem. :blue thumb: Personally, I would start again and root some cuttings. Wait a few weeks until the days are longer and the weather is warmer. And then cut a few "chains" of segments, leave to dry...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice