1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Michael Hewett

Snail/Slug damage

Coffee comes from the coffee plant, you are just drinking dandelion.;):biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. ms_flower

My Christmas Cactus

Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were...
    Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were bright red when I bought it but I now get a lovely shade of pinkish flowers. Have had the plant for...
    Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were bright red when I bought it but I now get a lovely...
    Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sean

Jade Plant

I'll probably give it a go too, next year, I'm guessing they need at least a few leaves to produce flowers lol
    I'll probably give it a go too, next year, I'm guessing they need at least a few leaves to produce flowers lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Gay Gardener

Aloe

I knew I would find an answer for my sad Aloe Vera here at GC :biggrin: :hapydancsmil:
    I knew I would find an answer for my sad Aloe Vera here at GC :biggrin: :hapydancsmil:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. John Harruison

Aloe striatula and arid bed.

I'm not sure if I'm right, but this eventually becomes a climber with Ariel roots, I had one go that way a few years ago just before it was wiped out by the bad winter, 2009.I do tend to give...
    I'm not sure if I'm right, but this eventually becomes a climber with Ariel roots, I had one go that way a few years ago just before it was wiped out by the bad winter, 2009.I do tend to give mine a little protection should we get something below minus 5C, but I tend to plant it in micro...
    I'm not sure if I'm right, but this eventually becomes a climber with Ariel roots, I had one go that way a few years ago just before it was wiped out by the bad winter, 2009.I do tend to give mine a little protection should we get something...
    I'm not sure if I'm right, but this eventually becomes a climber with Ariel roots, I had one go that way a few years ago just before it was wiped out by the bad winter, 2009.I do tend to give...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. clum111

Very new to Succulent Plants

Thanks @kindredspirit for the photos. I'll make a note of them in my plant note document to remember them.Yeah, I will do 50-50 soil & grit.
    Thanks @kindredspirit for the photos. I'll make a note of them in my plant note document to remember them.Yeah, I will do 50-50 soil & grit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Samakawy

cactus dish garden ?

The display looks very pretty, maybe it will be possible to just move the position of the plants according to growht rate once you put them in a bigger container. But, are you saying that they...
    The display looks very pretty, maybe it will be possible to just move the position of the plants according to growht rate once you put them in a bigger container. But, are you saying that they don't get natural light?
    The display looks very pretty, maybe it will be possible to just move the position of the plants according to growht rate once you put them in a bigger container. But, are you saying that they don't get natural light?
    The display looks very pretty, maybe it will be possible to just move the position of the plants according to growht rate once you put them in a bigger container. But, are you saying that they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Honey Bee

Calling all Cactus Experts!!!!!!!!

HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope...
    HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope yours are the real thing.
    HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope yours are the real thing.
    HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Linz
    Funny x 5

Stupid questions (and IDs)

Oh thank you all, much appreciated! Still haven't had a gander at the websites but will do so later onThey were in wilko's, think I got one of each although I can't really tell the difference...
    Oh thank you all, much appreciated! Still haven't had a gander at the websites but will do so later onThey were in wilko's, think I got one of each although I can't really tell the difference between the succulents unless they're a diff colour or have obvious leaf shape differences.I'm...
    Oh thank you all, much appreciated! Still haven't had a gander at the websites but will do so later onThey were in wilko's, think I got one of each although I can't really tell the difference between the succulents unless they're a diff colour...
    Oh thank you all, much appreciated! Still haven't had a gander at the websites but will do so later onThey were in wilko's, think I got one of each although I can't really tell the difference...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. John Stevenson

Poorly Cactus

Thanks to all for your advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Markymark

Pup removal (Aloe?) and what is this other succulent?

Maybe the problem with the weak-looking shoots is that it's in too warm a place. The winter is dark, and succulents need a cool place with little or no water, because they should become dormant....
    Maybe the problem with the weak-looking shoots is that it's in too warm a place. The winter is dark, and succulents need a cool place with little or no water, because they should become dormant. Growing in the dark winter will lead to elongated weak shoots.
    Maybe the problem with the weak-looking shoots is that it's in too warm a place. The winter is dark, and succulents need a cool place with little or no water, because they should become dormant. Growing in the dark winter will lead to elongated...
    Maybe the problem with the weak-looking shoots is that it's in too warm a place. The winter is dark, and succulents need a cool place with little or no water, because they should become dormant....
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Michael Hewett

Sick cactus

you are probably correct @Michael Hewett it seems to have grown another couple of inches this year.
    you are probably correct @Michael Hewett it seems to have grown another couple of inches this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Michael Hewett

Peperomia

Peperomia ferreyrae is a succulent plant native to tropical forests in Peru, where it grows on the shadey forest floor.It's named after Alejandro Huerta Ramón Ferreyra - a Peruvian botanist.I...
    Peperomia ferreyrae is a succulent plant native to tropical forests in Peru, where it grows on the shadey forest floor.It's named after Alejandro Huerta Ramón Ferreyra - a Peruvian botanist.I bought it in Lidl several years ago and it flowers every year
    Peperomia ferreyrae is a succulent plant native to tropical forests in Peru, where it grows on the shadey forest floor.It's named after Alejandro Huerta Ramón Ferreyra - a Peruvian botanist.I bought it in Lidl several years ago and it flowers...
    Peperomia ferreyrae is a succulent plant native to tropical forests in Peru, where it grows on the shadey forest floor.It's named after Alejandro Huerta Ramón Ferreyra - a Peruvian botanist.I...
    101_8751.jpg 101_8753.jpg 101_8754.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. RandyRos

cactus and carrot

Wee Wheelie Chilly......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kleftiwallah

Back from a holiday on Lanzarote.

Oh, You'll be okay, Tony........................:heehee::loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. nikirushka

Agave attenuata

Plant it out in the summer. And then lift and bring indoors in October
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Phil A
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria
    Like x 7

House of Succulents in Italy

I came across one pic today too:
    Screenshot_20230603_002028_Chrome.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. sal73

Agave Albina

But I couldn't live with its mother!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. nikirushka

What might this be?

Ok, I'll leave that one alone then! :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice