1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. phalnoob

cactus seeds

Thanks. Will keep posted on how all goes
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Michael Cumming

My cactus = what is it?

I agree.When you do repot, do so carefully. The pads break off very easily.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. zakna0693

Anyone know what this is??

Agree, looks like a young Ferocactus. Hard to identify at this stage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wren1

How to make compost suitable for succulents

Thank you Mr Rogers will put them outdoors and sorry Wren, I thought they were the same.:doh:
    Thank you Mr Rogers will put them outdoors and sorry Wren, I thought they were the same.:doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Phil A
    Like x 8

The greenhouse windows were open today

Very impressive!Jeff
    Very impressive!Jeff
    Very impressive!Jeff
    Very impressive!Jeff
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. nikirushka

Pruning a money plant?

"How to Prune a Money Tree to Keep the Leaves Low to the Twisted Trunk Without the Long Stems1 Snip back stems just in front of a leaf or node to remove length. Cut no more than 1/3 of a stem...
    "How to Prune a Money Tree to Keep the Leaves Low to the Twisted Trunk Without the Long Stems1 Snip back stems just in front of a leaf or node to remove length. Cut no more than 1/3 of a stem and snip it at a 45 degree angle to promote new growth.2 Cut out dead twigs to keep the money tree...
    "How to Prune a Money Tree to Keep the Leaves Low to the Twisted Trunk Without the Long Stems1 Snip back stems just in front of a leaf or node to remove length. Cut no more than 1/3 of a stem and snip it at a 45 degree angle to promote new...
    "How to Prune a Money Tree to Keep the Leaves Low to the Twisted Trunk Without the Long Stems1 Snip back stems just in front of a leaf or node to remove length. Cut no more than 1/3 of a stem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. zakna0693

Some new guys to add to my collection

Bringing up an old thread, but for good reason. Here's an update on my glow in the dark mushrooms. Even in low light they are bright
    Bringing up an old thread, but for good reason. Here's an update on my glow in the dark mushrooms. Even in low light they are bright
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. BastLoki

Mystery Kalanchoe ID?

It's Kalanchoe blossfeldiana
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. IceColdRum

Does anyone grow Rebutia? (Aylostera, Sulcorebutia, Weingartia etc.)

What lovely plants @IceColdRum ... I feel like sending for some myself
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. kyleleonard

Cacti Seed Potting Advice

I live in an apartment and don't have much surface space in the kitchen area - plus we find them quite ugly and after 2.5 years of living here, we've never really needed one :biggrin: I always find they...
    I live in an apartment and don't have much surface space in the kitchen area - plus we find them quite ugly and after 2.5 years of living here, we've never really needed one :biggrin: I always find they damage the area they're on top of and we don't want to lose our deposit.My parents' broke last year...
    I live in an apartment and don't have much surface space in the kitchen area - plus we find them quite ugly and after 2.5 years of living here, we've never really needed one :biggrin: I always find they damage the area they're on top of and we don't want...
    I live in an apartment and don't have much surface space in the kitchen area - plus we find them quite ugly and after 2.5 years of living here, we've never really needed one :biggrin: I always find they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Brewman

Path Idea

wouldn't be better to have some big stepping stones and the succulents more on the side?
    wouldn't be better to have some big stepping stones and the succulents more on the side?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mr_slinky_dragon

ceropegia fusca

has anyone here had any luck with rooting cuttings of these? i'm getting some from tenerife in september and want to know how easy they are from cuttings :)
    has anyone here had any luck with rooting cuttings of these? i'm getting some from tenerife in september and want to know how easy they are from cuttings :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. clum111

Very new to Succulent Plants

Thanks @kindredspirit for the photos. I'll make a note of them in my plant note document to remember them.Yeah, I will do 50-50 soil & grit.
    Thanks @kindredspirit for the photos. I'll make a note of them in my plant note document to remember them.Yeah, I will do 50-50 soil & grit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. miraflores

my small collection

who looks gorgeous today...
    cacti1.JPG cacti2.JPG cacti3.JPG cacti4.JPG cac1.JPG cac2.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gay Gardener
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. miraflores
    Like x 3

unusual

Just a guess, but it looks like some kind of Echeveria.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. kyleleonard

Dwarf Jade Bonsai Help

Pete was kind enough to send me a very healthy Jade cutting a few weeks ago - today I wired it up and put it into a pot ready to try and bonsai it (well, keep it as compact as possible)I'll...
    Pete was kind enough to send me a very healthy Jade cutting a few weeks ago - today I wired it up and put it into a pot ready to try and bonsai it (well, keep it as compact as possible)I'll keep it updated in this thread.
    Pete was kind enough to send me a very healthy Jade cutting a few weeks ago - today I wired it up and put it into a pot ready to try and bonsai it (well, keep it as compact as possible)I'll keep it updated in this thread.
    Pete was kind enough to send me a very healthy Jade cutting a few weeks ago - today I wired it up and put it into a pot ready to try and bonsai it (well, keep it as compact as possible)I'll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Phil A
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Michael Hewett

Sick cactus

you are probably correct @Michael Hewett it seems to have grown another couple of inches this year.
    you are probably correct @Michael Hewett it seems to have grown another couple of inches this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Michael Hewett

Snail/Slug damage

Coffee comes from the coffee plant, you are just drinking dandelion.;):biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice