1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. TessP

In search of a succulent!

Google for suppliers..you should be able to find it with some effort. The pricing would definitely be steep I feel____________________________________________lawn care service
    Google for suppliers..you should be able to find it with some effort. The pricing would definitely be steep I feel____________________________________________lawn care service
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. nikirushka

Aloe not happy

I would water mine quite often (daily probably) and it was going brown/squidgy so we stopped watering it as often, I do it once a week now and it seems to have done the trick! All normal again.
    I would water mine quite often (daily probably) and it was going brown/squidgy so we stopped watering it as often, I do it once a week now and it seems to have done the trick! All normal again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fidosaurus

Money plant bug

Hi KandyThank you so much for coming back to me. I am sorry about this belated reply!I would normally agree with you about the leaves dying back but I have had this plant for many years and it...
    Hi KandyThank you so much for coming back to me. I am sorry about this belated reply!I would normally agree with you about the leaves dying back but I have had this plant for many years and it would probably have been helpful if I had taken a picture of the whole plant, so you could see how...
    Hi KandyThank you so much for coming back to me. I am sorry about this belated reply!I would normally agree with you about the leaves dying back but I have had this plant for many years and it would probably have been helpful if I had taken a...
    Hi KandyThank you so much for coming back to me. I am sorry about this belated reply!I would normally agree with you about the leaves dying back but I have had this plant for many years and it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Michael Cumming

My cactus = what is it?

I agree.When you do repot, do so carefully. The pads break off very easily.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. miraflores

A Sicilian Garden - succulents heaven

Wonderful ,I also liked the Plumeria ... Dave
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. CROF

What is this growing around my desert rose?

Thanks. They are gone. Just needed that reassurance hahaha
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. stephenprudence

FAO Sal

My A.striatula has come through happily too, despite being in a small pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Boscombe2015

Kalanchoe

yes get a new pot, slightly larger, but not too much larger because they like cramped roots - but make sure the pot has good drainage - then put the plant in a sandy, soil mix. It will drain...
    yes get a new pot, slightly larger, but not too much larger because they like cramped roots - but make sure the pot has good drainage - then put the plant in a sandy, soil mix. It will drain easier, and flower better (hopefully)
    yes get a new pot, slightly larger, but not too much larger because they like cramped roots - but make sure the pot has good drainage - then put the plant in a sandy, soil mix. It will drain easier, and flower better (hopefully)
    yes get a new pot, slightly larger, but not too much larger because they like cramped roots - but make sure the pot has good drainage - then put the plant in a sandy, soil mix. It will drain...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. zakna0693

Anyone know what this is??

Agree, looks like a young Ferocactus. Hard to identify at this stage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. stumorphmac

Aloe Vera

Maybe :noidea: The nursery i got from has been there for decades and run by the same family but not a clue where he gets his stock from and it was offset size when i bought it. At least we know all ours...
    Maybe :noidea: The nursery i got from has been there for decades and run by the same family but not a clue where he gets his stock from and it was offset size when i bought it. At least we know all ours are related :grphg: :heehee: x
    Maybe :noidea: The nursery i got from has been there for decades and run by the same family but not a clue where he gets his stock from and it was offset size when i bought it. At least we know all ours are related :grphg: :heehee: x
    Maybe :noidea: The nursery i got from has been there for decades and run by the same family but not a clue where he gets his stock from and it was offset size when i bought it. At least we know all ours...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Linz

Questions

Maybe if you rubbed it, gently, for a while....
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Amy_aloevera

What am I doing wrong?

Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up...
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up and is now growing as normal . The resilience of plants is amazing .
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up and is now growing as normal . The resilience of...
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Howie

barrel cactus

Not sure if they do much damage.You get them mainly on cacti and succulents grown under glass I think.It looks like little bits of cotton wool, and inside is a little bug that goes orange when you...
    Not sure if they do much damage.You get them mainly on cacti and succulents grown under glass I think.It looks like little bits of cotton wool, and inside is a little bug that goes orange when you squidge it.
    Not sure if they do much damage.You get them mainly on cacti and succulents grown under glass I think.It looks like little bits of cotton wool, and inside is a little bug that goes orange when you squidge it.
    Not sure if they do much damage.You get them mainly on cacti and succulents grown under glass I think.It looks like little bits of cotton wool, and inside is a little bug that goes orange when you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Phil A

Welcome

Yep just renewed my own membership costs just £15 which includes the quarterly journal but not the yearly book, I also attend local monthly meetings
    Yep just renewed my own membership costs just £15 which includes the quarterly journal but not the yearly book, I also attend local monthly meetings
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. andrews

British Cactus & Succulent Society

It is true (the deep pocket bit anyway). Having the ability to peel an orange in my pocket is truly a gift.
    It is true (the deep pocket bit anyway). Having the ability to peel an orange in my pocket is truly a gift.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Larburnum

Christmas Cacti

Thanks Steve, nice to know my memory is not playing tricks with me. But it sure is a gorgeous plant, michaelmas daisy whatever its name.
    Thanks Steve, nice to know my memory is not playing tricks with me. But it sure is a gorgeous plant, michaelmas daisy whatever its name.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. strongylodon

Agave pups

Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't...
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't really disturb the main rootball very much.
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't really disturb the main rootball very much.
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. longk
    Like x 6

Echinopsis subdenudata

Its the kind of scent that is not that great if you put your nose in the flower, but when its in the air on a warm night its quite pleasant.
    Its the kind of scent that is not that great if you put your nose in the flower, but when its in the air on a warm night its quite pleasant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jack Sparrow

Can I use supervivum in my rocks?

If they're happy they'll have a go at taking over!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sirius
    Like x 4

Stapelia glanduliflora

The species from the South Western Cape area, tend to be a bit more tolerant of cooler conditions. But I would still keep them above frost free - 5*C at least to be safe The ones from the Eastern...
    The species from the South Western Cape area, tend to be a bit more tolerant of cooler conditions. But I would still keep them above frost free - 5*C at least to be safe The ones from the Eastern part of SA, and further north want it warmer. And the ones from the Northern Cape, a lot drier
    The species from the South Western Cape area, tend to be a bit more tolerant of cooler conditions. But I would still keep them above frost free - 5*C at least to be safe The ones from the Eastern part of SA, and further north want it warmer. And...
    The species from the South Western Cape area, tend to be a bit more tolerant of cooler conditions. But I would still keep them above frost free - 5*C at least to be safe The ones from the Eastern...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice