1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. andrews
    Like x 12

Early Christmas Present

Had to get my conversion app on then to work out the temperature. Crazy as I grew up with farenheit but the new world fascists beat me down and now its all C for me. My polytunnel has heaters in...
    Had to get my conversion app on then to work out the temperature. Crazy as I grew up with farenheit but the new world fascists beat me down and now its all C for me. My polytunnel has heaters in but is heated to 40 max. Due to the moisture in there, despite fans, I don't think it would be the...
    Had to get my conversion app on then to work out the temperature. Crazy as I grew up with farenheit but the new world fascists beat me down and now its all C for me. My polytunnel has heaters in but is heated to 40 max. Due to the moisture in...
    Had to get my conversion app on then to work out the temperature. Crazy as I grew up with farenheit but the new world fascists beat me down and now its all C for me. My polytunnel has heaters in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Loki
    Like x 4

Thanks for the advice

Rebutia, should really flower in spring. But nice to see some colour this time of the year.
    Rebutia, should really flower in spring. But nice to see some colour this time of the year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. andrews

British Cactus & Succulent Society

It is true (the deep pocket bit anyway). Having the ability to peel an orange in my pocket is truly a gift.
    It is true (the deep pocket bit anyway). Having the ability to peel an orange in my pocket is truly a gift.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Phil A
    Like x 15

Cactus update

On-line Guide to the positive identification of Members of the Cactus FamilyThis can be interesting also !
    On-line Guide to the positive identification of Members of the Cactus FamilyThis can be interesting also !
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Amy_aloevera

What am I doing wrong?

Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up...
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up and is now growing as normal . The resilience of plants is amazing .
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up and is now growing as normal . The resilience of...
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Michael Hewett

:(

Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I...
    Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I don't think they'll root yet but hopefully they'll last the winter in my conservatory and root in the...
    Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I don't think they'll root yet but hopefully they'll...
    Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Rhipsalis epiphytic cacti from Brazil

@longk I think that is possible. They grow in tropical forests around Rio de Janeiro so are not used as much heat and dry air as desert cacti.
    @longk I think that is possible. They grow in tropical forests around Rio de Janeiro so are not used as much heat and dry air as desert cacti.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. strongylodon

Agave pups

Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't...
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't really disturb the main rootball very much.
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't really disturb the main rootball very much.
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Phil A
    Like x 6

Cuttings

I did :)
    DSC_0112.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. longk
    Like x 4

Orostachys iwarenge

An interesting succulent that spreads by creeping stolons - Orostachys iwarenge............... Orostachys iwarenge by longk48, on FlickrOrostachys iwarenge by longk48, on Flickr
    An interesting succulent that spreads by creeping stolons - Orostachys iwarenge............... Orostachys iwarenge by longk48, on FlickrOrostachys iwarenge by longk48, on Flickr
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. eddybaby

Mystery Plant

I have just noticed a new 'rats' tail emerging.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. eddybaby
    Like x 6

Independent Succulent

This plant is in a hay basket outside and grew into this wonderful shape
    20180926_082205.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. WeeTam

Cheap prickles........£12.49 for 10 small cacti delivered..

10 X DIFFERENT MIXED CACTUS COLLECTION HOUSE + GARDENERS DREAM PLANT CARE GUIDE | eBay
    10 X DIFFERENT MIXED CACTUS COLLECTION HOUSE + GARDENERS DREAM PLANT CARE GUIDE | eBay
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Scrungee

Repotting cacti

I use lengths of folded kitchen roll and as was said above, have the hole ready. Trying to get compost around the base of a prickly plant in a small pot isn't much fun:rolleyespink:
    I use lengths of folded kitchen roll and as was said above, have the hole ready. Trying to get compost around the base of a prickly plant in a small pot isn't much fun:rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Michael Hewett

Faucaria tigrina

Faucaria tigrina :-
    4 Faucaria tigrina (2).jpg 3.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. kindredspirit
    Like x 4

Growing cacti outside all year around.

Yep, you have to have empathy with plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Michael Hewett
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. DanC

Cactus identification

Thanks all!
    Thanks all!
    Thanks all!
    Thanks all!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. BigC

Unidentified Prickly Friends

No.3 looks rather like a Parodia species to me - maybeThe one near the window looks like a slightly small, very light depleted Echeveria agavoides. Very, very cold hardy if it is.
    No.3 looks rather like a Parodia species to me - maybeThe one near the window looks like a slightly small, very light depleted Echeveria agavoides. Very, very cold hardy if it is.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jack Sparrow

Can I use supervivum in my rocks?

If they're happy they'll have a go at taking over!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice