1. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE 2 MINUTE SILENCE
    IN MEMORY OF ARMANDII

Armandii's chosen charity was Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA) - donations in his memory are welcomed, paid directly to the charity. Please ask a member of Admin for further information.

Dismiss Notice
We have a very sad announcement to make - please see the thread in the link below:

Please Click Here

Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Selleri

Summer containers 2021- ideas?

I love them, one of those plants you just let them get on with it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. David Kearley

I think this counts as container gardening...

Hello! Now for the exciting part! The classic advice is to plan for foliage interest because that's there for much longer than the flowers. Go for a mix of colours, leaf shape and texture. Then...
    Hello! Now for the exciting part! The classic advice is to plan for foliage interest because that's there for much longer than the flowers. Go for a mix of colours, leaf shape and texture. Then the flowers are the icing on the cake. For contrasting foliage, there's Nandina domestica...
    Hello! Now for the exciting part! The classic advice is to plan for foliage interest because that's there for much longer than the flowers. Go for a mix of colours, leaf shape and texture. Then the flowers are the icing on the cake. For...
    Hello! Now for the exciting part! The classic advice is to plan for foliage interest because that's there for much longer than the flowers. Go for a mix of colours, leaf shape and texture. Then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Dave_79

Tyre Planters

I like these.
    I like these.
    I like these.
    I like these.
    upload_2019-5-18_13-2-1.jpeg BBDDC38C-D312-4183-BED6-99A1D0D2894E.jpeg 20210421_174527.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Dave_79

Dwarf Conifer in Pot Help

Finally threw out a conifer which had gone 2/3 brown & its faded old terracotta pot that had been near our front door since we moved in over 2 years ago & was clearly never gonna recover. I have a...
    Finally threw out a conifer which had gone 2/3 brown & its faded old terracotta pot that had been near our front door since we moved in over 2 years ago & was clearly never gonna recover. I have a new tall pot ready and just need to find a dwarf conifer to put in it. The old pot was insanely...
    Finally threw out a conifer which had gone 2/3 brown & its faded old terracotta pot that had been near our front door since we moved in over 2 years ago & was clearly never gonna recover. I have a new tall pot ready and just need to find a dwarf...
    Finally threw out a conifer which had gone 2/3 brown & its faded old terracotta pot that had been near our front door since we moved in over 2 years ago & was clearly never gonna recover. I have a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ewicc

Lining & holes for planter/boxes

Here is a self-contained pallet wood planter I built in 2015 (picture from same year).It is still in good condition and I have just sown this year's carrot crop into it.I have made a couple...
    Here is a self-contained pallet wood planter I built in 2015 (picture from same year).It is still in good condition and I have just sown this year's carrot crop into it.I have made a couple of other pallet wood planters and have found that the best liner to use is heavy duty landscape...
    Here is a self-contained pallet wood planter I built in 2015 (picture from same year).It is still in good condition and I have just sown this year's carrot crop into it.I have made a couple of other pallet wood planters and have found that...
    Here is a self-contained pallet wood planter I built in 2015 (picture from same year).It is still in good condition and I have just sown this year's carrot crop into it.I have made a couple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Bardering

Red robin (photinia) in container

I think a trellis will work well however it’s a shared fence so I’m not sure if we are able to attach a trellis? (Rented property)
    I think a trellis will work well however it’s a shared fence so I’m not sure if we are able to attach a trellis? (Rented property)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JayKent

Raised Bed Hedge / Screen

thats good about the council ... yes the leaves will go yellow and fall off
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ThePlantAssassin

Ferns in pots. To feed or not to feed???

@ThePlantAssassin those are beauties. My son loves his ferns and since he's parked with me for a few months, I've seen him give "Harry" a feed, a light one, every month. Harry is happy and he is...
    @ThePlantAssassin those are beauties. My son loves his ferns and since he's parked with me for a few months, I've seen him give "Harry" a feed, a light one, every month. Harry is happy and he is not very close to a window at to the moment so he is very forgiving. Nothing lives on just water...
    @ThePlantAssassin those are beauties. My son loves his ferns and since he's parked with me for a few months, I've seen him give "Harry" a feed, a light one, every month. Harry is happy and he is not very close to a window at to the moment so he...
    @ThePlantAssassin those are beauties. My son loves his ferns and since he's parked with me for a few months, I've seen him give "Harry" a feed, a light one, every month. Harry is happy and he is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. clippo

Living Wall Planning

aha that timer looks great - thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Appleblossom31

Buddlieas care

Thanks Armandii, that’s very useful to know.They’re such attractive shrubs, have always wanted one.:)
    Thanks Armandii, that’s very useful to know.They’re such attractive shrubs, have always wanted one.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Cordy
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. mazambo

Oxalis triangularis potting mix?

Looks absolutely beautiful ..... Flowers too...how lovely ♡♡♡
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. BFOSP

Tatties in a bin ?

No reason why not. If it were me, I’d produce some holes in the bottom and add a couple of inches of broken up polystyrene to aid drainage before adding any compost.
    No reason why not. If it were me, I’d produce some holes in the bottom and add a couple of inches of broken up polystyrene to aid drainage before adding any compost.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mazambo

Bonsai Gardening

Thanks @misterQ that looks really good, there are copies around but some are really expensive, I'll keep an eye out and see if spot one with a decent price. I'll take a look at the YouTube channel.
    Thanks @misterQ that looks really good, there are copies around but some are really expensive, I'll keep an eye out and see if spot one with a decent price. I'll take a look at the YouTube channel.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. fumanchu

Could I grow these in pots & tubs?

Drat. LOL! so much to learn... :biggrin: tyvm gardeners!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sophlouwhit

Holly tree help

A 30cm (12") plant in a 3.5" pot is IMO time for potting up, as by now the roots are probably coming out of the drainage holes. The advice already given is good, however I would prefer to...
    A 30cm (12") plant in a 3.5" pot is IMO time for potting up, as by now the roots are probably coming out of the drainage holes. The advice already given is good, however I would prefer to increase the pot size gradually. This will encourge strong roots. Just my opinion.
    A 30cm (12") plant in a 3.5" pot is IMO time for potting up, as by now the roots are probably coming out of the drainage holes. The advice already given is good, however I would prefer to increase the pot size gradually. This will encourge...
    A 30cm (12") plant in a 3.5" pot is IMO time for potting up, as by now the roots are probably coming out of the drainage holes. The advice already given is good, however I would prefer to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. WeeTam

Looking for heavy duty containers 30ltr + . Any recommendations ?

Round Plant Pots - Future Garden Hydroponics
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Black Orchid

Is it possible to reuse the compost from died plants?

I have in the past used old compost at the base of some pots but I always microwave it first to ensure all unwanted things get zapped.
    I have in the past used old compost at the base of some pots but I always microwave it first to ensure all unwanted things get zapped.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. PhilC

Growing Gunnera from seed?

Thanks, My biggest challenge will be not incinerating them with the lights as usual!
    Thanks, My biggest challenge will be not incinerating them with the lights as usual!
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Victoria

Balcony Gardening

I had to see it to believe it.. I fink bats eat mozzies.. They've got plenty of those evidently. Perhaps they will consider putting bat boxes up.. It wouldn't come as a shock. (I'm not a...
    I had to see it to believe it.. I fink bats eat mozzies.. They've got plenty of those evidently. Perhaps they will consider putting bat boxes up.. It wouldn't come as a shock. (I'm not a 'chinkist' honestly!) I really like a No 52 chop suey.
    I had to see it to believe it.. I fink bats eat mozzies.. They've got plenty of those evidently. Perhaps they will consider putting bat boxes up.. It wouldn't come as a shock. (I'm not a 'chinkist' honestly!) I really like a No 52 chop suey.
    I had to see it to believe it.. I fink bats eat mozzies.. They've got plenty of those evidently. Perhaps they will consider putting bat boxes up.. It wouldn't come as a shock. (I'm not a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Black Orchid

Problems with Magnolia Stellata leaves

Pete and Nigel, thank you very much for your replies and recommendations.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice