Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Selleri
    Like x 3

Summer containers 2021/2022 ideas?

Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our...
    Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our sons still lives there & has a daughter with his partner. The other two followed us back to the UK....
    Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our sons still lives there & has a daughter with his...
    Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. misterQ
    Like x 5

Buddleja "tree" in a pot

How do you identify type? I took one out a couple of years ago and kept a sapling, it's in a pot. It's the slowest growing buddleia I've ever known! I cut it back to about 2 or 3 inches, and last...
    How do you identify type? I took one out a couple of years ago and kept a sapling, it's in a pot. It's the slowest growing buddleia I've ever known! I cut it back to about 2 or 3 inches, and last year it grew about a foot - it had a couple of weak flowers. It's possibly just not happy in the...
    How do you identify type? I took one out a couple of years ago and kept a sapling, it's in a pot. It's the slowest growing buddleia I've ever known! I cut it back to about 2 or 3 inches, and last year it grew about a foot - it had a couple of...
    How do you identify type? I took one out a couple of years ago and kept a sapling, it's in a pot. It's the slowest growing buddleia I've ever known! I cut it back to about 2 or 3 inches, and last...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. smellsmellsmell

please review my planter

Thread under review as per rule 20 quoted below20. Students' and other Surveys: Such surveys are not allowed to be posted on the Forum without the permission of the Administrators [it needing...
    Thread under review as per rule 20 quoted below20. Students' and other Surveys: Such surveys are not allowed to be posted on the Forum without the permission of the Administrators [it needing only one to give permission for the survey to be posted]. Any surveys that are posted without first...
    Thread under review as per rule 20 quoted below20. Students' and other Surveys: Such surveys are not allowed to be posted on the Forum without the permission of the Administrators [it needing only one to give permission for the survey to be...
    Thread under review as per rule 20 quoted below20. Students' and other Surveys: Such surveys are not allowed to be posted on the Forum without the permission of the Administrators [it needing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Fairview

Standard Bay Tree

Nigella Lawson has great recipe for lamb with lots of fresh bay leaves.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. hi2u_uk

what to plant now

If the spot is sunny, Rosemary would fit the bill well. It's very attractive evergreen shrub with lovely blue flowers in late spring.Rosemary is well known kitchen herb but it also has a (very)...
    If the spot is sunny, Rosemary would fit the bill well. It's very attractive evergreen shrub with lovely blue flowers in late spring.Rosemary is well known kitchen herb but it also has a (very) long history as a medicinal plant and plenty of beliefs and folklore too if you are interested....
    If the spot is sunny, Rosemary would fit the bill well. It's very attractive evergreen shrub with lovely blue flowers in late spring.Rosemary is well known kitchen herb but it also has a (very) long history as a medicinal plant and plenty of...
    If the spot is sunny, Rosemary would fit the bill well. It's very attractive evergreen shrub with lovely blue flowers in late spring.Rosemary is well known kitchen herb but it also has a (very)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Marnhullman

Suitable climber for oak sleeper trough

Yes, oak sleepers would be expensive!I'm going to look into getting some large ready made troughs instead which would, hopefully, be less expensive. We already have several small troughs and...
    Yes, oak sleepers would be expensive!I'm going to look into getting some large ready made troughs instead which would, hopefully, be less expensive. We already have several small troughs and there doesn't seem to be a drainage problem so I think that's probably the way to go.Thanks for all...
    Yes, oak sleepers would be expensive!I'm going to look into getting some large ready made troughs instead which would, hopefully, be less expensive. We already have several small troughs and there doesn't seem to be a drainage problem so I...
    Yes, oak sleepers would be expensive!I'm going to look into getting some large ready made troughs instead which would, hopefully, be less expensive. We already have several small troughs and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gn0me

Going away for a month, should I buy a water tap timer?

whenever we go away, we always shut off our well pump. don't want accidential pipe to burst etc. Just saying.
    whenever we go away, we always shut off our well pump. don't want accidential pipe to burst etc. Just saying.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nikolaos

Salvias in containers, what are your experiences?

Yesterday THE GARDENER brought in a couple of gone-over flowering stalks of the giant form of Salvia patens, GUANAJUATO!! What was interesting was that even the seeds were larger than normal!!...
    Yesterday THE GARDENER brought in a couple of gone-over flowering stalks of the giant form of Salvia patens, GUANAJUATO!! What was interesting was that even the seeds were larger than normal!! Obviously will sow very soon, rugby not withstanding!!
    Yesterday THE GARDENER brought in a couple of gone-over flowering stalks of the giant form of Salvia patens, GUANAJUATO!! What was interesting was that even the seeds were larger than normal!! Obviously will sow very soon, rugby not withstanding!!
    Yesterday THE GARDENER brought in a couple of gone-over flowering stalks of the giant form of Salvia patens, GUANAJUATO!! What was interesting was that even the seeds were larger than normal!!...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. hi2u_uk

Cranberry in container

hi2u- that's because it's a prostrate variety - they spread across the area they're in, and only get to about 6 inches or so in height. A pot or a raised area is fine, as they can then trail over...
    hi2u- that's because it's a prostrate variety - they spread across the area they're in, and only get to about 6 inches or so in height. A pot or a raised area is fine, as they can then trail over the sides.
    hi2u- that's because it's a prostrate variety - they spread across the area they're in, and only get to about 6 inches or so in height. A pot or a raised area is fine, as they can then trail over the sides.
    hi2u- that's because it's a prostrate variety - they spread across the area they're in, and only get to about 6 inches or so in height. A pot or a raised area is fine, as they can then trail over...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sarah Eley

Calla lily sticky and wilting

Can you post a photo of it
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jblakes

Year round plants

Cheers guys, I'll have a look into what's been suggestedRegards James
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jowo

Hydrangea not leafing

Morning Brennabee You're asking the wrong person! But judging by the photo, I wouldn't do anything as its clearly happy as is. I always feed mine once they start flowering and just leave for the...
    Morning Brennabee You're asking the wrong person! But judging by the photo, I wouldn't do anything as its clearly happy as is. I always feed mine once they start flowering and just leave for the season but others may tell otherwise. I can only think that the issue with mine is that I cut it back...
    Morning Brennabee You're asking the wrong person! But judging by the photo, I wouldn't do anything as its clearly happy as is. I always feed mine once they start flowering and just leave for the season but others may tell otherwise. I can only...
    Morning Brennabee You're asking the wrong person! But judging by the photo, I wouldn't do anything as its clearly happy as is. I always feed mine once they start flowering and just leave for the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. MikoLee

Wisteria in containers?

I've got a tiny one against my back garden fence. Like a lot of garden plants this spring I didn't expect it to survive that murderous winter period that wiped out so many plants.But...
    I've got a tiny one against my back garden fence. Like a lot of garden plants this spring I didn't expect it to survive that murderous winter period that wiped out so many plants.But miraculously the skinny little wimpy thing is sprouting it's spring leaves!! If this thing gets going I'm going...
    I've got a tiny one against my back garden fence. Like a lot of garden plants this spring I didn't expect it to survive that murderous winter period that wiped out so many plants.But miraculously the skinny little wimpy thing is sprouting it's...
    I've got a tiny one against my back garden fence. Like a lot of garden plants this spring I didn't expect it to survive that murderous winter period that wiped out so many plants.But...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. JayKay70

Look for some advice on plants/flowers for containers

Hi @SelleriMany thanks for the detailed information, a few things.I won't be doing any herbs or growing strawberries as my wife has a residential allotment and that is her passion.I do like...
    Hi @SelleriMany thanks for the detailed information, a few things.I won't be doing any herbs or growing strawberries as my wife has a residential allotment and that is her passion.I do like the look of the evergreens so i had a look on J Parkers and i do like the look of the...
    Hi @SelleriMany thanks for the detailed information, a few things.I won't be doing any herbs or growing strawberries as my wife has a residential allotment and that is her passion.I do like the look of the evergreens so i had a look on J...
    Hi @SelleriMany thanks for the detailed information, a few things.I won't be doing any herbs or growing strawberries as my wife has a residential allotment and that is her passion.I do like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Victoria

Hanging Baskets

I remedied the Lipstick one by using a used J-Cloth and the Aptenia one I managed to spread the coir out to fill the gap.
    I remedied the Lipstick one by using a used J-Cloth and the Aptenia one I managed to spread the coir out to fill the gap.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Cordy
    Like x 12

Made this planter

Made another planter Gave it to Son's in-laws
    DSC_0004 (1).JPG DSC_0010 (2).JPG DSC_0011 (1).JPG DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG planter1.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Will Hay

Looking for a plant that would do well in this pot

Hi, where are you located? perhaps a trailing Begonia.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Bron

UNHAPPY MORELLO CHERRY TREE

Great, thanks for your advice, I’ll give a go
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Samantha Onn

Container sizes

Welcome to Gardener's Corner @Samantha Onn :sign0016:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Alpine 1

Why is peat free wet with soil meter?

Exactly.I've read a number of articles around the internet where people are complaining that peat free compost doesn't work so well. My interpretation is that peat free compost doesn't work so...
    Exactly.I've read a number of articles around the internet where people are complaining that peat free compost doesn't work so well. My interpretation is that peat free compost doesn't work so well if you treat it exactly the same as peat based. I guess it just introduces a new learning...
    Exactly.I've read a number of articles around the internet where people are complaining that peat free compost doesn't work so well. My interpretation is that peat free compost doesn't work so well if you treat it exactly the same as peat...
    Exactly.I've read a number of articles around the internet where people are complaining that peat free compost doesn't work so well. My interpretation is that peat free compost doesn't work so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. hi2u_uk

is this big enough to transfer to the garden soil

Its only been going outside for 3 or hours but yes it is kept at the window most of the tome
    Its only been going outside for 3 or hours but yes it is kept at the window most of the tome
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice