1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. "M"
    Like x 3

"Bottle" garden

Oh, the Mother of All Excuses! Mum, I love you :yes: My favourite pastime number 1 is of course gardening, closely followed by number 2, reading gardening books while sipping nice wine. I was gently...
    Oh, the Mother of All Excuses! Mum, I love you :yes: My favourite pastime number 1 is of course gardening, closely followed by number 2, reading gardening books while sipping nice wine. I was gently advised by Mr Selleri that I might want to concentrate more on pastime number one, just for health...
    Oh, the Mother of All Excuses! Mum, I love you :yes: My favourite pastime number 1 is of course gardening, closely followed by number 2, reading gardening books while sipping nice wine. I was gently advised by Mr Selleri that I might want to...
    Oh, the Mother of All Excuses! Mum, I love you :yes: My favourite pastime number 1 is of course gardening, closely followed by number 2, reading gardening books while sipping nice wine. I was gently...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. nFrost

Growing fruit/veg in hanging basket?

Try a Cucumber called Cryistal Apple, grows to the size of an apple with yellow skin. Trevor
    Try a Cucumber called Cryistal Apple, grows to the size of an apple with yellow skin. Trevor
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. merleworld

Low maintenance hanging baskets?

She has indeed gone for the fake balls option (ooer missus) :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Scrungee
    Like x 5

All Pack Bedding & Hanging Baskets 1/2 price @ Homebase

Oops , I will try to do a better pic later as this one shows ' yet' another of my bargains that died on route :gaah:
    Oops , I will try to do a better pic later as this one shows ' yet' another of my bargains that died on route :gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Philip Hughes

Overcrowding in pots?

Hi Philip,not exactly what you had in mind,but some colourful Violas in full flower would look great.
    Hi Philip,not exactly what you had in mind,but some colourful Violas in full flower would look great.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Fern4

Zinc pots.

Oh I see...I was just starting to think that these pots were more trouble than they're worth! Polystyrene it is!
    Oh I see...I was just starting to think that these pots were more trouble than they're worth! Polystyrene it is!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Reem777

Old stone sink

I was going to suggest alpines too. I think they look lovely in any sort of low planter :wub2:
    I was going to suggest alpines too. I think they look lovely in any sort of low planter :wub2:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. AndySIW

First time grower - indoor mint from seed

Well done getting the basil germinated, they can be a bit tricky to get going :)
    Well done getting the basil germinated, they can be a bit tricky to get going :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. merleworld

Potting containers in cold weather

During cold weather plants in containers (above ground) are always much colder [at their roots] than plants in the ground - the cold quickly penetrates the container from all sides, whereas the...
    During cold weather plants in containers (above ground) are always much colder [at their roots] than plants in the ground - the cold quickly penetrates the container from all sides, whereas the ground it has to penetrate from above only and there is heat "below" from Mother Earth. I keep new...
    During cold weather plants in containers (above ground) are always much colder [at their roots] than plants in the ground - the cold quickly penetrates the container from all sides, whereas the ground it has to penetrate from above only and there...
    During cold weather plants in containers (above ground) are always much colder [at their roots] than plants in the ground - the cold quickly penetrates the container from all sides, whereas the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. merleworld

Container Planting an Acer

You would get a better rootball, over time, if you "pot-on" successively rather than pot straight into a large container. But I have no idea whether that would make any difference, over time, to...
    You would get a better rootball, over time, if you "pot-on" successively rather than pot straight into a large container. But I have no idea whether that would make any difference, over time, to a container-grown Acer ??
    You would get a better rootball, over time, if you "pot-on" successively rather than pot straight into a large container. But I have no idea whether that would make any difference, over time, to a container-grown Acer ??
    You would get a better rootball, over time, if you "pot-on" successively rather than pot straight into a large container. But I have no idea whether that would make any difference, over time, to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. islayhawk

Strawberry Tubes

Not me, but I have seen this done elsewhere, they used a 160mm waste pipe (I guess you could also use 110mm) then they drilled 50mm holes at different heights and at different places around the...
    Not me, but I have seen this done elsewhere, they used a 160mm waste pipe (I guess you could also use 110mm) then they drilled 50mm holes at different heights and at different places around the pipe, then suspended it all with some galvanized wire.............as per the link below, you will need...
    Not me, but I have seen this done elsewhere, they used a 160mm waste pipe (I guess you could also use 110mm) then they drilled 50mm holes at different heights and at different places around the pipe, then suspended it all with some galvanized...
    Not me, but I have seen this done elsewhere, they used a 160mm waste pipe (I guess you could also use 110mm) then they drilled 50mm holes at different heights and at different places around the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. fumanchu

Troughs and planters

Ok ty - other people are telling me the same thing. I will rethink. Again! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Snowbaby

Can I grow these in pots?

Never thought of that! I might try and plant it tmor somewhereSent from my GT-N7000
    Never thought of that! I might try and plant it tmor somewhereSent from my GT-N7000
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. JDweeler

Planter box hight?

I don't see the need for too much depth unless you are growing root crops such as parsnips or long carrots. If you start at 12" you still have the chance at the end of a season to add another...
    I don't see the need for too much depth unless you are growing root crops such as parsnips or long carrots. If you start at 12" you still have the chance at the end of a season to add another layer to make them deeper. I would give it at least 2 growing seasons before deciding.
    I don't see the need for too much depth unless you are growing root crops such as parsnips or long carrots. If you start at 12" you still have the chance at the end of a season to add another layer to make them deeper. I would give it at least 2...
    I don't see the need for too much depth unless you are growing root crops such as parsnips or long carrots. If you start at 12" you still have the chance at the end of a season to add another...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Monsclara

Clematis for pots

I have always struggled to get a true blue clematis as i alway think they look more purple. However the ones i thought were the most blue are the clematis lady northcliffe and the Clematis Beauty...
    I have always struggled to get a true blue clematis as i alway think they look more purple. However the ones i thought were the most blue are the clematis lady northcliffe and the Clematis Beauty of Worchester, although can still look more purple in colour at times. I also love the clematic...
    I have always struggled to get a true blue clematis as i alway think they look more purple. However the ones i thought were the most blue are the clematis lady northcliffe and the Clematis Beauty of Worchester, although can still look more purple...
    I have always struggled to get a true blue clematis as i alway think they look more purple. However the ones i thought were the most blue are the clematis lady northcliffe and the Clematis Beauty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. JDweeler

P T wood or not!?

I don't use anything pressure-treated for raised bed in my Veg patch - interesting that the are specifically "approved" for garden use, as previously I have always thought that things that are...
    I don't use anything pressure-treated for raised bed in my Veg patch - interesting that the are specifically "approved" for garden use, as previously I have always thought that things that are permitted for inside the house is a different scenario to wood which is permanently damp in a raised...
    I don't use anything pressure-treated for raised bed in my Veg patch - interesting that the are specifically "approved" for garden use, as previously I have always thought that things that are permitted for inside the house is a different...
    I don't use anything pressure-treated for raised bed in my Veg patch - interesting that the are specifically "approved" for garden use, as previously I have always thought that things that are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. keithhampson

plants and flowers for lasting hanging baskets

There was some real beauties on here in previous years, go to search forums in tool bar above, type in hanging basket and you will see some real professional looking (some are professional) beauties.
    There was some real beauties on here in previous years, go to search forums in tool bar above, type in hanging basket and you will see some real professional looking (some are professional) beauties.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. BastLoki

Parsley inside at this time of year?

Last autumn I had quite a few parsleys growing outside, both curly and broadleaf. I love parsley and did not want to be without, so I brought in some of the plants and put them on the windowsill....
    Last autumn I had quite a few parsleys growing outside, both curly and broadleaf. I love parsley and did not want to be without, so I brought in some of the plants and put them on the windowsill. The ones outside I (mostly) covered at night when it was freezing. Now the ones outside are fine,...
    Last autumn I had quite a few parsleys growing outside, both curly and broadleaf. I love parsley and did not want to be without, so I brought in some of the plants and put them on the windowsill. The ones outside I (mostly) covered at night when...
    Last autumn I had quite a few parsleys growing outside, both curly and broadleaf. I love parsley and did not want to be without, so I brought in some of the plants and put them on the windowsill....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. al n

Thinking ahead, hanging baskets

It's the one about 100 yards opposite the wright car centre and heatherland. Never been to premier, but thanks, that's on my visit list now! :)
    It's the one about 100 yards opposite the wright car centre and heatherland. Never been to premier, but thanks, that's on my visit list now! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Craig1987

Oak barrels - planters

So, basically it all boils down to whether the barrels are of decent quality or not? I plan on getting one this spring.
    So, basically it all boils down to whether the barrels are of decent quality or not? I plan on getting one this spring.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice