This site gives SOME ltr to cm ratios.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. al n
    Like x 8

My chrissy prezzie and my freebie planter

In the planter is a bamboo, a heuchera and a variegated grass. It's filled with 180 litres of compost and top soil.The trachycarpus is just in the plastic pot it came in, and will probably be...
    In the planter is a bamboo, a heuchera and a variegated grass. It's filled with 180 litres of compost and top soil.The trachycarpus is just in the plastic pot it came in, and will probably be in there until late next year.I priced a metal planter that size at the weekend, something similar...
    In the planter is a bamboo, a heuchera and a variegated grass. It's filled with 180 litres of compost and top soil.The trachycarpus is just in the plastic pot it came in, and will probably be in there until late next year.I priced a metal...
    In the planter is a bamboo, a heuchera and a variegated grass. It's filled with 180 litres of compost and top soil.The trachycarpus is just in the plastic pot it came in, and will probably be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. RudeBwoyUK

What to do with my Fuchsia's?

When I saw the question I was going to suggest digging a hole etc but someone beat me to it! I've used this method and yes it works fine, especially if you don't have a heated greenhouse or live...
    When I saw the question I was going to suggest digging a hole etc but someone beat me to it! I've used this method and yes it works fine, especially if you don't have a heated greenhouse or live in a pretty cold part of the world. I usually bury them in my unheated greenhouse where the tomatoes...
    When I saw the question I was going to suggest digging a hole etc but someone beat me to it! I've used this method and yes it works fine, especially if you don't have a heated greenhouse or live in a pretty cold part of the world. I usually bury...
    When I saw the question I was going to suggest digging a hole etc but someone beat me to it! I've used this method and yes it works fine, especially if you don't have a heated greenhouse or live...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. liliana

Polystyrene boxes

I do use them sometimes but only as extra insulation as pot-holders on pots over wintering in the shed.. I hate them to look at but the idea of covering them in hyper-tufa is intriguing Palustris,...
    I do use them sometimes but only as extra insulation as pot-holders on pots over wintering in the shed.. I hate them to look at but the idea of covering them in hyper-tufa is intriguing Palustris, I think it is great stuff to use.. :SUNsmile:
    I do use them sometimes but only as extra insulation as pot-holders on pots over wintering in the shed.. I hate them to look at but the idea of covering them in hyper-tufa is intriguing Palustris, I think it is great stuff to use.. :SUNsmile:
    I do use them sometimes but only as extra insulation as pot-holders on pots over wintering in the shed.. I hate them to look at but the idea of covering them in hyper-tufa is intriguing Palustris,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. fat_taff

New raised beds

Just to add to the reclaimed lark, I use Iroko wood which does not have those nasty creosote or other treatments added to them. African hardwood is a good and cheap alternative to Oak.
    Just to add to the reclaimed lark, I use Iroko wood which does not have those nasty creosote or other treatments added to them. African hardwood is a good and cheap alternative to Oak.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. landimad
    Like x 5

Old bed being retired

Ah they be some present my wife got me a while back, now to put them to good use. Now they are in position its only fair they get a place which is helpful to the wildlife too. The Robin is already...
    Ah they be some present my wife got me a while back, now to put them to good use. Now they are in position its only fair they get a place which is helpful to the wildlife too. The Robin is already in house and looking for a meal.
    Ah they be some present my wife got me a while back, now to put them to good use. Now they are in position its only fair they get a place which is helpful to the wildlife too. The Robin is already in house and looking for a meal.
    Ah they be some present my wife got me a while back, now to put them to good use. Now they are in position its only fair they get a place which is helpful to the wildlife too. The Robin is already...
    DSCF6626.JPG DSCF6627.JPG fork 001.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Spruce

Versailles Planters ....

I used a bit of 3-ply and some stick-on mouldings from B&Q
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. LowiePete
    Like x 15

Various "Containers" Outside My Kitchen

My garlic was small as well this year. It does well making garlic bread and cooking with.
    My garlic was small as well this year. It does well making garlic bread and cooking with.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. catztail

revamping annual containers

Cheers you guys! I don't know why doing that didn't cross my mind earlier. It's save loads of money by not buying new stuff and they still look nice.
    Cheers you guys! I don't know why doing that didn't cross my mind earlier. It's save loads of money by not buying new stuff and they still look nice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl

CONTAINER PLANTS QUESTION FROM CATWOMAN FOR WOO

Hi catwoman.. Hmm if you are using the spare room it needs to be kept very cool & ventilated & you will need to change the air regulary in there.. It will need to be as bright as possible so stand...
    Hi catwoman.. Hmm if you are using the spare room it needs to be kept very cool & ventilated & you will need to change the air regulary in there.. It will need to be as bright as possible so stand your pots up at window level in front of the window to get this.. An old table is good for...
    Hi catwoman.. Hmm if you are using the spare room it needs to be kept very cool & ventilated & you will need to change the air regulary in there.. It will need to be as bright as possible so stand your pots up at window level in front of the...
    Hi catwoman.. Hmm if you are using the spare room it needs to be kept very cool & ventilated & you will need to change the air regulary in there.. It will need to be as bright as possible so stand...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. louicopp

Autumn/Winter Hanging Baskets

Thank you so much for your ideas.....I might do half for autumn/winter and then some spring ones too. I love the idea of trailing ivy too.The heucheras is an interesting idea too. Would you...
    Thank you so much for your ideas.....I might do half for autumn/winter and then some spring ones too. I love the idea of trailing ivy too.The heucheras is an interesting idea too. Would you mix it with anything or just have that in the basket?
    Thank you so much for your ideas.....I might do half for autumn/winter and then some spring ones too. I love the idea of trailing ivy too.The heucheras is an interesting idea too. Would you mix it with anything or just have that in the basket?
    Thank you so much for your ideas.....I might do half for autumn/winter and then some spring ones too. I love the idea of trailing ivy too.The heucheras is an interesting idea too. Would you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. miraflores
    Like x 4

container gardening

posted before , but look what can you do with few coconuts and a log.on this year
    posted before , but look what can you do with few coconuts and a log.on this year
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ebony2330

Container grown dwarf Cherry tree.

Hi, Thanks for the advice it has made me feel a bit more comfortable in cultivating the tree. I shall look forward to some fruit next year, hopefully!!
    Hi, Thanks for the advice it has made me feel a bit more comfortable in cultivating the tree. I shall look forward to some fruit next year, hopefully!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. rustyroots

Bulbs in containers.

An alternative would be to make some "liners" for your troughs (using fibreglass perhaps), plant them up "round the back" somewhere, and then when they are at their best "drop" them into the...
    An alternative would be to make some "liners" for your troughs (using fibreglass perhaps), plant them up "round the back" somewhere, and then when they are at their best "drop" them into the troughs. That way you won't have any downtime between seasons waiting for plants to come into bloom.
    An alternative would be to make some "liners" for your troughs (using fibreglass perhaps), plant them up "round the back" somewhere, and then when they are at their best "drop" them into the troughs. That way you won't have any downtime between...
    An alternative would be to make some "liners" for your troughs (using fibreglass perhaps), plant them up "round the back" somewhere, and then when they are at their best "drop" them into the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Floyd

Ideas for outdoors(ish) planters please!

i'd go with dim suggestions for starters, then there's a washington robusta (which i put a pic on your thread in the tropical section)
    i'd go with dim suggestions for starters, then there's a washington robusta (which i put a pic on your thread in the tropical section)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. merleworld

Containers - what can I plant with roses?

I have used muscari (grape hyacinth) to give interest at the bottom of the container whilst there's not much happening to the rose but during and after the rose flowers I'd either not underplant...
    I have used muscari (grape hyacinth) to give interest at the bottom of the container whilst there's not much happening to the rose but during and after the rose flowers I'd either not underplant at all (coloured pebbles are a good alternative) or I'd use one of the border low-growing ground...
    I have used muscari (grape hyacinth) to give interest at the bottom of the container whilst there's not much happening to the rose but during and after the rose flowers I'd either not underplant at all (coloured pebbles are a good alternative) or...
    I have used muscari (grape hyacinth) to give interest at the bottom of the container whilst there's not much happening to the rose but during and after the rose flowers I'd either not underplant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Delta

Rhodo container care

Look forward to seeing pics when they flower next year :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sweet-pea66
    Like x 5

My garden containers 2012

Ooo good luck on the 20th :dbgrtmb: Jenny :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Robajobs
    Like x 10

A few shots of todays baskets and pots before the rain came!

+1 - bit jealous really, my trailing fuscias are all in bud and it seems like they totally refuse to open...
    +1 - bit jealous really, my trailing fuscias are all in bud and it seems like they totally refuse to open...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice