1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. ebony2330

Container grown dwarf Cherry tree.

Hi, Thanks for the advice it has made me feel a bit more comfortable in cultivating the tree. I shall look forward to some fruit next year, hopefully!!
    Hi, Thanks for the advice it has made me feel a bit more comfortable in cultivating the tree. I shall look forward to some fruit next year, hopefully!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. rustyroots

Bulbs in containers.

An alternative would be to make some "liners" for your troughs (using fibreglass perhaps), plant them up "round the back" somewhere, and then when they are at their best "drop" them into the...
    An alternative would be to make some "liners" for your troughs (using fibreglass perhaps), plant them up "round the back" somewhere, and then when they are at their best "drop" them into the troughs. That way you won't have any downtime between seasons waiting for plants to come into bloom.
    An alternative would be to make some "liners" for your troughs (using fibreglass perhaps), plant them up "round the back" somewhere, and then when they are at their best "drop" them into the troughs. That way you won't have any downtime between...
    An alternative would be to make some "liners" for your troughs (using fibreglass perhaps), plant them up "round the back" somewhere, and then when they are at their best "drop" them into the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Floyd

Ideas for outdoors(ish) planters please!

i'd go with dim suggestions for starters, then there's a washington robusta (which i put a pic on your thread in the tropical section)
    i'd go with dim suggestions for starters, then there's a washington robusta (which i put a pic on your thread in the tropical section)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. merleworld

Containers - what can I plant with roses?

I have used muscari (grape hyacinth) to give interest at the bottom of the container whilst there's not much happening to the rose but during and after the rose flowers I'd either not underplant...
    I have used muscari (grape hyacinth) to give interest at the bottom of the container whilst there's not much happening to the rose but during and after the rose flowers I'd either not underplant at all (coloured pebbles are a good alternative) or I'd use one of the border low-growing ground...
    I have used muscari (grape hyacinth) to give interest at the bottom of the container whilst there's not much happening to the rose but during and after the rose flowers I'd either not underplant at all (coloured pebbles are a good alternative) or...
    I have used muscari (grape hyacinth) to give interest at the bottom of the container whilst there's not much happening to the rose but during and after the rose flowers I'd either not underplant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Delta

Rhodo container care

Look forward to seeing pics when they flower next year :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sweet-pea66
    Like x 5

My garden containers 2012

Ooo good luck on the 20th :dbgrtmb: Jenny :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Robajobs
    Like x 10

A few shots of todays baskets and pots before the rain came!

+1 - bit jealous really, my trailing fuscias are all in bud and it seems like they totally refuse to open...
    +1 - bit jealous really, my trailing fuscias are all in bud and it seems like they totally refuse to open...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Pedro

Newbie needs advice on balcony plants

what about pieris ?buxusor even phormiumsmall conifers
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. LowiePete

Suggest a Striking Indoor Plant, Please

Hi Pete , what about a cavendish banana , that will actually produce edible bananas?will only reach a maximum of 5 feet or 3 feet for superdwarf cavendish. a second option , what...
    Hi Pete , what about a cavendish banana , that will actually produce edible bananas?will only reach a maximum of 5 feet or 3 feet for superdwarf cavendish. a second option , what about. Heliconias , do well in shadow but need warm .lady palm , can be really expencive , but it would be like...
    Hi Pete , what about a cavendish banana , that will actually produce edible bananas?will only reach a maximum of 5 feet or 3 feet for superdwarf cavendish. a second option , what about. Heliconias , do well in shadow but need warm .lady palm...
    Hi Pete , what about a cavendish banana , that will actually produce edible bananas?will only reach a maximum of 5 feet or 3 feet for superdwarf cavendish. a second option , what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Monty33

How to water pot plants when on holiday ?

Er, yes, but be a bit careful. Some of you may recall the disaster I had two years ago when I asked the neighbour to water the plants, and he didn't water the climbing plants by the fence,...
    Er, yes, but be a bit careful. Some of you may recall the disaster I had two years ago when I asked the neighbour to water the plants, and he didn't water the climbing plants by the fence, because he 'didn't realise they were part of the garden'....although I had specifically left him a note...
    Er, yes, but be a bit careful. Some of you may recall the disaster I had two years ago when I asked the neighbour to water the plants, and he didn't water the climbing plants by the fence, because he 'didn't realise they were part of the...
    Er, yes, but be a bit careful. Some of you may recall the disaster I had two years ago when I asked the neighbour to water the plants, and he didn't water the climbing plants by the fence,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Clueless Enthusiast

First timer with Pot plants

Nice combiClueless. I think Hostas and Impatiens prefer a shadier site but maybe Nemesia like it sunnier? Someone will be around to correct me I expect. When you do a planter mix, its not always...
    Nice combiClueless. I think Hostas and Impatiens prefer a shadier site but maybe Nemesia like it sunnier? Someone will be around to correct me I expect. When you do a planter mix, its not always possible to accommodate each plant's favourite spot....
    Nice combiClueless. I think Hostas and Impatiens prefer a shadier site but maybe Nemesia like it sunnier? Someone will be around to correct me I expect. When you do a planter mix, its not always possible to accommodate each plant's favourite...
    Nice combiClueless. I think Hostas and Impatiens prefer a shadier site but maybe Nemesia like it sunnier? Someone will be around to correct me I expect. When you do a planter mix, its not always...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. merleworld

Suggestions please for a large planter

After all that faffing and buying a Choisya, I ended up moving one of the other Rhodos into that spot cos it was getting rather tall and outgrowing its pot. I'ts gonna be a monster! ...
    After all that faffing and buying a Choisya, I ended up moving one of the other Rhodos into that spot cos it was getting rather tall and outgrowing its pot. I'ts gonna be a monster! Unfortunately I managed to break off some flowers on the other Rhodos while doing it. Thanks for the...
    After all that faffing and buying a Choisya, I ended up moving one of the other Rhodos into that spot cos it was getting rather tall and outgrowing its pot. I'ts gonna be a monster! Unfortunately I managed to break off some flowers on the...
    After all that faffing and buying a Choisya, I ended up moving one of the other Rhodos into that spot cos it was getting rather tall and outgrowing its pot. I'ts gonna be a monster! ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. rustyroots

Cleaning pots etc.

Bleach it is then. Thanks all.Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Fresh Air

How often do you feed Hanging Baskets

Looks like this year 1st June !!! Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ArcticFox1977

Container Tomatoes.

Its more the "plant" rather than the "flowers" so to speak. I just "drum" my fingers in the main stem so that there is vibration in the plant, and that does the trick :blue thumb:
    Its more the "plant" rather than the "flowers" so to speak. I just "drum" my fingers in the main stem so that there is vibration in the plant, and that does the trick :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Yomper

safe containers/pots

its ok i just had a look in poundstretcher they have some huge plant pots for under a fiver and some large ones 2 for £5.99. just bought all sorts of bits from there as they have some good bits
    its ok i just had a look in poundstretcher they have some huge plant pots for under a fiver and some large ones 2 for £5.99. just bought all sorts of bits from there as they have some good bits
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Scotkat
    Like x 3

Replanted front containers today

The planters look very pretty :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Deano Gledson

Shrubs in containers not growing.

I did soak the root systems but only for an hour each. I heard about the snipping the tips thing some time ago but i havent been confident enough to try it. I decided to give it a go about ten...
    I did soak the root systems but only for an hour each. I heard about the snipping the tips thing some time ago but i havent been confident enough to try it. I decided to give it a go about ten minutes ago and I'm fairly certain they are dead as they have a papery texture, crumbled when cut and...
    I did soak the root systems but only for an hour each. I heard about the snipping the tips thing some time ago but i havent been confident enough to try it. I decided to give it a go about ten minutes ago and I'm fairly certain they are dead as...
    I did soak the root systems but only for an hour each. I heard about the snipping the tips thing some time ago but i havent been confident enough to try it. I decided to give it a go about ten...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. chitting kaz

plant pots suppliers ???

Sorry, Julie, I don't have any info. When I tried to sell some plants, to local garden centres, that I had grown in the garden (not just in pots) they all said that I would need to show I had a...
    Sorry, Julie, I don't have any info. When I tried to sell some plants, to local garden centres, that I had grown in the garden (not just in pots) they all said that I would need to show I had a plant health licence. It may just have been because they were on the restricted list but I can't...
    Sorry, Julie, I don't have any info. When I tried to sell some plants, to local garden centres, that I had grown in the garden (not just in pots) they all said that I would need to show I had a plant health licence. It may just have been...
    Sorry, Julie, I don't have any info. When I tried to sell some plants, to local garden centres, that I had grown in the garden (not just in pots) they all said that I would need to show I had a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Melanie Abbott

Help with Jubilee planters

My local garden centre is selling trays of plants "mixed" in Red, White and Blue. Verbena I think, but probably also others. I'm growing Red, White and Blue "Surfina" (sp?) Petunias, which will...
    My local garden centre is selling trays of plants "mixed" in Red, White and Blue. Verbena I think, but probably also others. I'm growing Red, White and Blue "Surfina" (sp?) Petunias, which will make a good show. Make sure you get some decent sized plants (not plug plants) otherwise they won't be...
    My local garden centre is selling trays of plants "mixed" in Red, White and Blue. Verbena I think, but probably also others. I'm growing Red, White and Blue "Surfina" (sp?) Petunias, which will make a good show. Make sure you get some decent...
    My local garden centre is selling trays of plants "mixed" in Red, White and Blue. Verbena I think, but probably also others. I'm growing Red, White and Blue "Surfina" (sp?) Petunias, which will...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice