plastic grow-bags - plasticisers again!! :eek: :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. robbo

container perennials

hi robbo,i suppose it depends on what you like.i love crocosmia, Lucifer, in pots (or anything)i have them in old chimney pots in my back yard .you can buy at wilkinsons (good price) and cos...
    hi robbo,i suppose it depends on what you like.i love crocosmia, Lucifer, in pots (or anything)i have them in old chimney pots in my back yard .you can buy at wilkinsons (good price) and cos they`re bulbs(they`re less hassle,you can also leave these-dont have to dig up and overwinter- in the...
    hi robbo,i suppose it depends on what you like.i love crocosmia, Lucifer, in pots (or anything)i have them in old chimney pots in my back yard .you can buy at wilkinsons (good price) and cos they`re bulbs(they`re less hassle,you can also leave...
    hi robbo,i suppose it depends on what you like.i love crocosmia, Lucifer, in pots (or anything)i have them in old chimney pots in my back yard .you can buy at wilkinsons (good price) and cos...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ohbe

container spuds?

Fill the barrel half way with compost, one of the large half barrels will do. put about 5 pot's in evenly spaced, cover with compost, water. when the top growth is about 2" high, cover with more...
    Fill the barrel half way with compost, one of the large half barrels will do. put about 5 pot's in evenly spaced, cover with compost, water. when the top growth is about 2" high, cover with more compost, repeat till the barrel is filled to within a couple of inches from the top of the half...
    Fill the barrel half way with compost, one of the large half barrels will do. put about 5 pot's in evenly spaced, cover with compost, water. when the top growth is about 2" high, cover with more compost, repeat till the barrel is filled to within...
    Fill the barrel half way with compost, one of the large half barrels will do. put about 5 pot's in evenly spaced, cover with compost, water. when the top growth is about 2" high, cover with more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jaci

Blueberries in containers

best thing to do is put the pots into position first, then put compost in, then plant. get some SWELL GEL add to compost, this absorbes 20 times more water and releases it slowly, so less watering!
    best thing to do is put the pots into position first, then put compost in, then plant. get some SWELL GEL add to compost, this absorbes 20 times more water and releases it slowly, so less watering!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Mitzitubs

solar fountain in a container

A two pack "West System" epoxy resin would do it too. It can be used to waterproof plywood aquariums, so it`s safe for fish and plants. Most fibreglass stockists would have it and probably boatyards.
    A two pack "West System" epoxy resin would do it too. It can be used to waterproof plywood aquariums, so it`s safe for fish and plants. Most fibreglass stockists would have it and probably boatyards.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. katljohnston

growing in covered containers

There are some things that will grow OK - after all you can grow mustard and cress on a piece of wet blotting paper.What you have seen growing in poly tunnels is probably a winter lettuce....
    There are some things that will grow OK - after all you can grow mustard and cress on a piece of wet blotting paper.What you have seen growing in poly tunnels is probably a winter lettuce. There's quite a few varieties and they might be suitable for cloche growing in a small garden. They are...
    There are some things that will grow OK - after all you can grow mustard and cress on a piece of wet blotting paper.What you have seen growing in poly tunnels is probably a winter lettuce. There's quite a few varieties and they might be...
    There are some things that will grow OK - after all you can grow mustard and cress on a piece of wet blotting paper.What you have seen growing in poly tunnels is probably a winter lettuce....
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Nik

Containers = Vine Weevil

If you've treated with Pravado, it will kick in and deals with whitefly too in the greenhouse as its a systemic - but yes, checking containers now and removing any seen should be done too....
    If you've treated with Pravado, it will kick in and deals with whitefly too in the greenhouse as its a systemic - but yes, checking containers now and removing any seen should be done too. Fortunately they quite often nestle in the compost close to the container wall.
    If you've treated with Pravado, it will kick in and deals with whitefly too in the greenhouse as its a systemic - but yes, checking containers now and removing any seen should be done too. Fortunately they quite often nestle in the compost close...
    If you've treated with Pravado, it will kick in and deals with whitefly too in the greenhouse as its a systemic - but yes, checking containers now and removing any seen should be done too....
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lilith

evergreen container climber?

As an addendum - just bought some evergreen ceanothus - lovely plant, lovely flower
    As an addendum - just bought some evergreen ceanothus - lovely plant, lovely flower
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Bluebell

Overwintering Container Plants.

Hi, I agree with ladybird- most of the common conainer plants are easier to grow from seed than to overwinter, if you have room you can start them early on your windowsills. I had a little ...
    Hi, I agree with ladybird- most of the common conainer plants are easier to grow from seed than to overwinter, if you have room you can start them early on your windowsills. I had a little plastic greenhouse and found that my main problem was mildew etc. because it's hard to keep the plants...
    Hi, I agree with ladybird- most of the common conainer plants are easier to grow from seed than to overwinter, if you have room you can start them early on your windowsills. I had a little plastic greenhouse and found that my main problem was...
    Hi, I agree with ladybird- most of the common conainer plants are easier to grow from seed than to overwinter, if you have room you can start them early on your windowsills. I had a little ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Malio

Container Ideas please

Hi, if your tubs are in the shade as you said, I'd plant begonias in the summer, they are really bright and colourful or bizzy lizzies,and ornamental kale or caulis in the winter, with a small...
    Hi, if your tubs are in the shade as you said, I'd plant begonias in the summer, they are really bright and colourful or bizzy lizzies,and ornamental kale or caulis in the winter, with a small conifer or an evergreen you can clip, like a box or variegated euonymus. pansies or primulas are good...
    Hi, if your tubs are in the shade as you said, I'd plant begonias in the summer, they are really bright and colourful or bizzy lizzies,and ornamental kale or caulis in the winter, with a small conifer or an evergreen you can clip, like a box or...
    Hi, if your tubs are in the shade as you said, I'd plant begonias in the summer, they are really bright and colourful or bizzy lizzies,and ornamental kale or caulis in the winter, with a small...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Hannah

Container gardening

Hi julia,trying gartenperle myself (free with amateur gardening mag)I think Tumbler is usually the tom of choice for baskets and containers
    Hi julia,trying gartenperle myself (free with amateur gardening mag)I think Tumbler is usually the tom of choice for baskets and containers
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Ali H

Shallots in containers

Apart from the obvious like tomatoes, peppers and strawberries in nice sunny positions, french beans do quite well and you could always try a dwarf lettuce like "Little Gem" and radishes; herbs...
    Apart from the obvious like tomatoes, peppers and strawberries in nice sunny positions, french beans do quite well and you could always try a dwarf lettuce like "Little Gem" and radishes; herbs also do very well. I suppose you could try most things apart from root vegetables. The down side is...
    Apart from the obvious like tomatoes, peppers and strawberries in nice sunny positions, french beans do quite well and you could always try a dwarf lettuce like "Little Gem" and radishes; herbs also do very well. I suppose you could try most...
    Apart from the obvious like tomatoes, peppers and strawberries in nice sunny positions, french beans do quite well and you could always try a dwarf lettuce like "Little Gem" and radishes; herbs...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Pauline Adams

Potatoes in Containers

For my early, early potatoes in the past I have used an old dustbin with drainage holes; put about a foot of compost on top of a couple of inches of crocks in the bottom, space out four seed...
    For my early, early potatoes in the past I have used an old dustbin with drainage holes; put about a foot of compost on top of a couple of inches of crocks in the bottom, space out four seed potatoes ( I always used "Charlotte"), cover with another 9 inches or so of compost and then as the...
    For my early, early potatoes in the past I have used an old dustbin with drainage holes; put about a foot of compost on top of a couple of inches of crocks in the bottom, space out four seed potatoes ( I always used "Charlotte"), cover with...
    For my early, early potatoes in the past I have used an old dustbin with drainage holes; put about a foot of compost on top of a couple of inches of crocks in the bottom, space out four seed...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice