Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Loofah

Container sizing

Bit the bullett and went to homebase... do you know they have their own 33l high potash growbags for £1.49? Lots of those ta! Just off to chop them up:)
    Bit the bullett and went to homebase... do you know they have their own 33l high potash growbags for £1.49? Lots of those ta! Just off to chop them up:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. girliecook

clemetis in container

hi girliecook, i reckon these montanas take at least 2 to 3 years to settle in as my other clematis keep flowering year after year, all my other climber honey suckle etc also take a good 2 to 3...
    hi girliecook, i reckon these montanas take at least 2 to 3 years to settle in as my other clematis keep flowering year after year, all my other climber honey suckle etc also take a good 2 to 3 years to grow and settle, my montana is growing all over now and im hoping for flowers this year will...
    hi girliecook, i reckon these montanas take at least 2 to 3 years to settle in as my other clematis keep flowering year after year, all my other climber honey suckle etc also take a good 2 to 3 years to grow and settle, my montana is growing all...
    hi girliecook, i reckon these montanas take at least 2 to 3 years to settle in as my other clematis keep flowering year after year, all my other climber honey suckle etc also take a good 2 to 3...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. SarahN75

container grown type 3 clematis

hi Does anyone know if a group 3 clematis grown in a container has the growing power to do well on a pergola? I'm struggling to see how a plant you cut back practically to ground level every...
    hi Does anyone know if a group 3 clematis grown in a container has the growing power to do well on a pergola? I'm struggling to see how a plant you cut back practically to ground level every year could grow fast enough to cover a pergola? I am planning on having 2 climbers one on each leg, ...
    hi Does anyone know if a group 3 clematis grown in a container has the growing power to do well on a pergola? I'm struggling to see how a plant you cut back practically to ground level every year could grow fast enough to cover a pergola? I am...
    hi Does anyone know if a group 3 clematis grown in a container has the growing power to do well on a pergola? I'm struggling to see how a plant you cut back practically to ground level every...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. mossym

Moving Camellia from container to bed

sorry to butt in I also have a camelia in a pot and am planning to move it in the ground, mine is a 6foot monster will it hurt it to cut it down a bit and tidy it up first as not sure we can shift...
    sorry to butt in I also have a camelia in a pot and am planning to move it in the ground, mine is a 6foot monster will it hurt it to cut it down a bit and tidy it up first as not sure we can shift it as it is
    sorry to butt in I also have a camelia in a pot and am planning to move it in the ground, mine is a 6foot monster will it hurt it to cut it down a bit and tidy it up first as not sure we can shift it as it is
    sorry to butt in I also have a camelia in a pot and am planning to move it in the ground, mine is a 6foot monster will it hurt it to cut it down a bit and tidy it up first as not sure we can shift...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. walnut

A few ideas for containers

Heres a recycled container in my garden.It used to be a tumble dryer drum.Now home to a Magnolia and various bulbs.
    Heres a recycled container in my garden.It used to be a tumble dryer drum.Now home to a Magnolia and various bulbs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. fmay

Herbs in containers

I plant my kitchen herbs in hanging baskets and containers works well for me and have just been using my mulit purpose compost. This year have already tried Miricale grow compost 3bags for £12.
    I plant my kitchen herbs in hanging baskets and containers works well for me and have just been using my mulit purpose compost. This year have already tried Miricale grow compost 3bags for £12.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. SarahN75

Climbers in containers

Err on the side of caution, one plant per pot and try and get as big as possible for them so they won't need re-potting for some years. Get pots you like as well-if they are going to be visible...
    Err on the side of caution, one plant per pot and try and get as big as possible for them so they won't need re-potting for some years. Get pots you like as well-if they are going to be visible you want them to look good!
    Err on the side of caution, one plant per pot and try and get as big as possible for them so they won't need re-potting for some years. Get pots you like as well-if they are going to be visible you want them to look good!
    Err on the side of caution, one plant per pot and try and get as big as possible for them so they won't need re-potting for some years. Get pots you like as well-if they are going to be visible...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Scotkat

My Doorstep Container this morning

She will survive well sheltered on doorstep:) Got small terracota kettles as well
    She will survive well sheltered on doorstep:) Got small terracota kettles as well
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Brind

Star Jasmine grown from a large trough/container

Shouldn't be a problem drilling the concrete drill a series of holes close together in the shape and size you want (chain drilling) then bolster between the holes and remove the chunk of concrete...
    Shouldn't be a problem drilling the concrete drill a series of holes close together in the shape and size you want (chain drilling) then bolster between the holes and remove the chunk of concrete it will not affect the shed footings,once you have removed the concrete dig the stale soil out of...
    Shouldn't be a problem drilling the concrete drill a series of holes close together in the shape and size you want (chain drilling) then bolster between the holes and remove the chunk of concrete it will not affect the shed footings,once you have...
    Shouldn't be a problem drilling the concrete drill a series of holes close together in the shape and size you want (chain drilling) then bolster between the holes and remove the chunk of concrete...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Scotkat

Sedge grass container

I dont water a lot give a feed now and then and let weather elements look after my containers.:)
    I dont water a lot give a feed now and then and let weather elements look after my containers.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. gardenlearner

building a large container

Or perhaps you could put some perforated drainage pipe into the bottom of the bed so that any surplus water can collect in that, and flow to one end (downhill would help of course!)
    Or perhaps you could put some perforated drainage pipe into the bottom of the bed so that any surplus water can collect in that, and flow to one end (downhill would help of course!)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. coucou

Any edible stuff I can plant in containers?

Thanks Glen much appreciated :thumb: Jane x
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Scotkat

Containers & Hanging baskets

roders that is stunning:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Lyn

Strangest container.

I whiplashed my Chimenea with the flex from the lawnmower and broke the top of it off..any wonder I had all he grass removed..Duh! [/img]
    I whiplashed my Chimenea with the flex from the lawnmower and broke the top of it off..any wonder I had all he grass removed..Duh! [/img]
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. tweaky

Seed Sprout Containers..anyone used them?

I wash out and use the light plastic moulded dishes that the supermarkets sell meat in. Find the a good size for mustard and cress.
    I wash out and use the light plastic moulded dishes that the supermarkets sell meat in. Find the a good size for mustard and cress.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. plantaholic
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Stingo

Container feet?

Bought them from them from the local pound shop Stingo guess what they were a pound,they had a label on from a company called roots&shoots not the usual blackspur stuff,they seem well made.
    Bought them from them from the local pound shop Stingo guess what they were a pound,they had a label on from a company called roots&shoots not the usual blackspur stuff,they seem well made.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Muddy_Boots

Bulbs in Containers

OK DavidI thought it would be OK as they seem to thrive on the roadside in this area , year after year. Anyway, north facing fence it is!Just had a wander around out there and it seems...
    OK DavidI thought it would be OK as they seem to thrive on the roadside in this area , year after year. Anyway, north facing fence it is!Just had a wander around out there and it seems like this rain we have had, has done a world of good
    OK DavidI thought it would be OK as they seem to thrive on the roadside in this area , year after year. Anyway, north facing fence it is!Just had a wander around out there and it seems like this rain we have had, has done a world of good
    OK DavidI thought it would be OK as they seem to thrive on the roadside in this area , year after year. Anyway, north facing fence it is!Just had a wander around out there and it seems...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. morris28

Acer Container Growing

B+Q have had some very nice and quite reasonable sized ones in of late for £29.99.
    B+Q have had some very nice and quite reasonable sized ones in of late for £29.99.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. daisybelle

Long term container plants

I've got 2 plants a camelia and a bamboo that have been in the same pots for 15 years. I have probably been lucky but I've done nothing more to them than water and feed them with phostrogen. The...
    I've got 2 plants a camelia and a bamboo that have been in the same pots for 15 years. I have probably been lucky but I've done nothing more to them than water and feed them with phostrogen. The Camelia has been wonderful this year it's about 6 feet high and covered with white flowers.
    I've got 2 plants a camelia and a bamboo that have been in the same pots for 15 years. I have probably been lucky but I've done nothing more to them than water and feed them with phostrogen. The Camelia has been wonderful this year it's about 6...
    I've got 2 plants a camelia and a bamboo that have been in the same pots for 15 years. I have probably been lucky but I've done nothing more to them than water and feed them with phostrogen. The...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice