1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Scotkat

Growing a plant in an unusal container

Our fuchsia club has a show an there is a class to grow a fuchsia in an unusaul container.Wondererd how a plant would grow inside in a pinapple that has been scooped out or would there be a...
    Our fuchsia club has a show an there is a class to grow a fuchsia in an unusaul container.Wondererd how a plant would grow inside in a pinapple that has been scooped out or would there be a reaction.
    Our fuchsia club has a show an there is a class to grow a fuchsia in an unusaul container.Wondererd how a plant would grow inside in a pinapple that has been scooped out or would there be a reaction.
    Our fuchsia club has a show an there is a class to grow a fuchsia in an unusaul container.Wondererd how a plant would grow inside in a pinapple that has been scooped out or would there be a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jinty

Watercress in containers

Excellent ideas, folks. Thanks. Would seaweed extract do for food? Do the roots just "hang" in the water or do they need a bit of gravel in the bottom of the bucket?
    Excellent ideas, folks. Thanks. Would seaweed extract do for food? Do the roots just "hang" in the water or do they need a bit of gravel in the bottom of the bucket?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. PaulD

Wall Street Journal Container Gardeners

Pleasantly amazing isn't it!I did a search for "Grow your own veg" on several search engines and guess what I found on 3rd page of google !It would be nice to get to number 1 on first page -...
    Pleasantly amazing isn't it!I did a search for "Grow your own veg" on several search engines and guess what I found on 3rd page of google !It would be nice to get to number 1 on first page - wonder if that will ever happen !I'm going to start a link directory on my blog - let me know if...
    Pleasantly amazing isn't it!I did a search for "Grow your own veg" on several search engines and guess what I found on 3rd page of google !It would be nice to get to number 1 on first page - wonder if that will ever happen !I'm going to...
    Pleasantly amazing isn't it!I did a search for "Grow your own veg" on several search engines and guess what I found on 3rd page of google !It would be nice to get to number 1 on first page -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. cattwoman25

onions in containers ?

hi fancyim sorry to hear that alot of people have had probs this year with the terrible weather touch wood evrything i have done this yr apart from my peas and radish ( rotted ) have been ok...
    hi fancyim sorry to hear that alot of people have had probs this year with the terrible weather touch wood evrything i have done this yr apart from my peas and radish ( rotted ) have been okglad that not all your hard work has gone up the spout though
    hi fancyim sorry to hear that alot of people have had probs this year with the terrible weather touch wood evrything i have done this yr apart from my peas and radish ( rotted ) have been okglad that not all your hard work has gone up the...
    hi fancyim sorry to hear that alot of people have had probs this year with the terrible weather touch wood evrything i have done this yr apart from my peas and radish ( rotted ) have been ok...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Scotkat

Summer Baskets and containers

roders, that is a very useful tip. Our one 16" basket is great but the 12" baskets are the ones that are suffering. Might have to think about getting larger baskets
    roders, that is a very useful tip. Our one 16" basket is great but the 12" baskets are the ones that are suffering. Might have to think about getting larger baskets
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Gardening Paradise

Container Gardening

Find a wealth of Information regarding Container Gardening under the appropiate section at my site "Gardening Paradise"Any feedback would be appreciated, and if you have any comments or articles...
    Find a wealth of Information regarding Container Gardening under the appropiate section at my site "Gardening Paradise"Any feedback would be appreciated, and if you have any comments or articles that you think i could publish on my site, please email me at my personal emailKind Regards...
    Find a wealth of Information regarding Container Gardening under the appropiate section at my site "Gardening Paradise"Any feedback would be appreciated, and if you have any comments or articles that you think i could publish on my site, please...
    Find a wealth of Information regarding Container Gardening under the appropiate section at my site "Gardening Paradise"Any feedback would be appreciated, and if you have any comments or articles...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. steven118

rusty metal container - how to use it for plants?

thanks all for being patient! yes i will learn. i will, i will, i will. cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Dave W

Cheap Pots/Containers

On Friday I went to a branch of Wilkinsons and brought quite a few lovely terracotta pots for the garden we spent a bob or two on them but got a bargain as they were half price!Went back...
    On Friday I went to a branch of Wilkinsons and brought quite a few lovely terracotta pots for the garden we spent a bob or two on them but got a bargain as they were half price!Went back yesterday and sadly they were sold out!Just my luck for being greedy. :( Helen.xxx.
    On Friday I went to a branch of Wilkinsons and brought quite a few lovely terracotta pots for the garden we spent a bob or two on them but got a bargain as they were half price!Went back yesterday and sadly they were sold out!Just my luck for...
    On Friday I went to a branch of Wilkinsons and brought quite a few lovely terracotta pots for the garden we spent a bob or two on them but got a bargain as they were half price!Went back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Boots

beetroot in containers?

Thanks for that Terrier, handy site you mentioned I will keep it bookmarked. I think I will try a few in a planter and the main lot in a raised bed, plenty of depth in there. Cheers
    Thanks for that Terrier, handy site you mentioned I will keep it bookmarked. I think I will try a few in a planter and the main lot in a raised bed, plenty of depth in there. Cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. flowerpotty

hyacinths in a pot container

Nick, untreated need to be planted straight in the ground. Treated need to be potted up, and grown indoors.
    Nick, untreated need to be planted straight in the ground. Treated need to be potted up, and grown indoors.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. scampeg

Fig varieties for container

dont know much about them but I am going to try one this year. I thought that the one recommended for uk was the brown turkey one? i read that its best to grow them ina container otherwise the...
    dont know much about them but I am going to try one this year. I thought that the one recommended for uk was the brown turkey one? i read that its best to grow them ina container otherwise the plant puts all its energy into creating roots and not fruits
    dont know much about them but I am going to try one this year. I thought that the one recommended for uk was the brown turkey one? i read that its best to grow them ina container otherwise the plant puts all its energy into creating roots and not...
    dont know much about them but I am going to try one this year. I thought that the one recommended for uk was the brown turkey one? i read that its best to grow them ina container otherwise the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Scotkat

Walk among my containers this afternoon

Another walk through my front garden this afternoon
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. NewbieGreen

Container/edible suggestions

Thanks, i read Lidl were selling seeds for only 29p a pack so nipped in on the way home from work. And they were too. Just got a pack of basil that i've grown before from seed, dead easy. And...
    Thanks, i read Lidl were selling seeds for only 29p a pack so nipped in on the way home from work. And they were too. Just got a pack of basil that i've grown before from seed, dead easy. And some carrot seeds. So lets see how that goes.It reminded me about the basil seeds how they change...
    Thanks, i read Lidl were selling seeds for only 29p a pack so nipped in on the way home from work. And they were too. Just got a pack of basil that i've grown before from seed, dead easy. And some carrot seeds. So lets see how that goes.It...
    Thanks, i read Lidl were selling seeds for only 29p a pack so nipped in on the way home from work. And they were too. Just got a pack of basil that i've grown before from seed, dead easy. And...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jan29

Planting in a wooden container

Hello Jan from experience would plant a plastic trough liner in your wooden planter or use bubble wrap.Remember drainage holes.And a photo all planted good luck.
    Hello Jan from experience would plant a plastic trough liner in your wooden planter or use bubble wrap.Remember drainage holes.And a photo all planted good luck.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. daisybelle

Long term container plants

I've got 2 plants a camelia and a bamboo that have been in the same pots for 15 years. I have probably been lucky but I've done nothing more to them than water and feed them with phostrogen. The...
    I've got 2 plants a camelia and a bamboo that have been in the same pots for 15 years. I have probably been lucky but I've done nothing more to them than water and feed them with phostrogen. The Camelia has been wonderful this year it's about 6 feet high and covered with white flowers.
    I've got 2 plants a camelia and a bamboo that have been in the same pots for 15 years. I have probably been lucky but I've done nothing more to them than water and feed them with phostrogen. The Camelia has been wonderful this year it's about 6...
    I've got 2 plants a camelia and a bamboo that have been in the same pots for 15 years. I have probably been lucky but I've done nothing more to them than water and feed them with phostrogen. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. morris28

Acer Container Growing

B+Q have had some very nice and quite reasonable sized ones in of late for £29.99.
    B+Q have had some very nice and quite reasonable sized ones in of late for £29.99.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Muddy_Boots

Bulbs in Containers

OK DavidI thought it would be OK as they seem to thrive on the roadside in this area , year after year. Anyway, north facing fence it is!Just had a wander around out there and it seems...
    OK DavidI thought it would be OK as they seem to thrive on the roadside in this area , year after year. Anyway, north facing fence it is!Just had a wander around out there and it seems like this rain we have had, has done a world of good
    OK DavidI thought it would be OK as they seem to thrive on the roadside in this area , year after year. Anyway, north facing fence it is!Just had a wander around out there and it seems like this rain we have had, has done a world of good
    OK DavidI thought it would be OK as they seem to thrive on the roadside in this area , year after year. Anyway, north facing fence it is!Just had a wander around out there and it seems...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Stingo

Container feet?

Bought them from them from the local pound shop Stingo guess what they were a pound,they had a label on from a company called roots&shoots not the usual blackspur stuff,they seem well made.
    Bought them from them from the local pound shop Stingo guess what they were a pound,they had a label on from a company called roots&shoots not the usual blackspur stuff,they seem well made.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. plantaholic
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. tweaky

Seed Sprout Containers..anyone used them?

I wash out and use the light plastic moulded dishes that the supermarkets sell meat in. Find the a good size for mustard and cress.
    I wash out and use the light plastic moulded dishes that the supermarkets sell meat in. Find the a good size for mustard and cress.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice