Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Loki
    Like x 4

Chillies 2019

If it helps, I water my pot before sowing, let it drain, then sow the seeds and sprinkle compost on top. It does not get watered again before germination and usually not before pricking out. I...
    If it helps, I water my pot before sowing, let it drain, then sow the seeds and sprinkle compost on top. It does not get watered again before germination and usually not before pricking out. I never spray/ mist. As I've said before ' this is what works for me' I'm sure you'll find a way that '...
    If it helps, I water my pot before sowing, let it drain, then sow the seeds and sprinkle compost on top. It does not get watered again before germination and usually not before pricking out. I never spray/ mist. As I've said before ' this is...
    If it helps, I water my pot before sowing, let it drain, then sow the seeds and sprinkle compost on top. It does not get watered again before germination and usually not before pricking out. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

GARDENERS DELIGHT TOMATO SEED GERMINATION AND GROWING 2019

Got a packet of seed today from wilko, sown 15 seeds, see how we go.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JWK
    Like x 7

The Tomato Growing Thread 2019

@Selleri thanks, interesting, I'll give them a go.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Steve R
    Like x 3

Vegetable Growing 2019

Sweet peas sown yesterday. Today I am sowing Parsley, Aubergines and a few peppers. All on a propagating bench in a heated greenhouse.Be mindful of the information in the following link before...
    Sweet peas sown yesterday. Today I am sowing Parsley, Aubergines and a few peppers. All on a propagating bench in a heated greenhouse.Be mindful of the information in the following link before sowing.Sowing seeds too early.Steve...:)
    Sweet peas sown yesterday. Today I am sowing Parsley, Aubergines and a few peppers. All on a propagating bench in a heated greenhouse.Be mindful of the information in the following link before sowing.Sowing seeds too early.Steve...:)
    Sweet peas sown yesterday. Today I am sowing Parsley, Aubergines and a few peppers. All on a propagating bench in a heated greenhouse.Be mindful of the information in the following link before...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Phil A
    Like x 3

Giant Onions 2019

Yup..real sickener...and I thought Onions could walk!Egyptian Walking Onion
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Steve R
    Like x 12

Sowing seeds too early.

Very useful information Steve :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JWK
    Like x 6

Tomato Grafting

The final harvest of the season.Rewinding a little...The proof of concept now exists in pictures.Now, go forth and try your own hand at grafting pepmatoes.
    The final harvest of the season.Rewinding a little...The proof of concept now exists in pictures.Now, go forth and try your own hand at grafting pepmatoes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

Might be best to post this on the 2016 Pumpkin Growing thread @Snowbaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  10.   » Normal Threads
  11. lowrider69

Asparagus Advice Please

Be careful when weeding not to dig too deep, they have thick white roots and you don’t want to disturb them.. :thumbsup:
    Be careful when weeding not to dig too deep, they have thick white roots and you don’t want to disturb them.. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Vince

All set for this season......

Received my veggie seed order this week (Carol's flower seed order too [she was looking over my shoulder!] when making my purchase), got my seed potatoes today, Charlotte & Cara along with 15...
    Received my veggie seed order this week (Carol's flower seed order too [she was looking over my shoulder!] when making my purchase), got my seed potatoes today, Charlotte & Cara along with 15 potato grow bags, looks like silly growing season is just around the corner? Lights, Heat and Compost!!!!!
    Received my veggie seed order this week (Carol's flower seed order too [she was looking over my shoulder!] when making my purchase), got my seed potatoes today, Charlotte & Cara along with 15 potato grow bags, looks like silly growing season is...
    Received my veggie seed order this week (Carol's flower seed order too [she was looking over my shoulder!] when making my purchase), got my seed potatoes today, Charlotte & Cara along with 15...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ricky101

Parsnips

@Mike Allen the first post explains why there is parsnip talk. Not sure what you mean about fuss? I guess its just the usual discussion on a gardening forum :heehee: you know, people sharing their own...
    @Mike Allen the first post explains why there is parsnip talk. Not sure what you mean about fuss? I guess its just the usual discussion on a gardening forum :heehee: you know, people sharing their own parsnip experiences and techniques etc :loll:Glad you have had success with your parsnips. :) I’ve got heavy...
    @Mike Allen the first post explains why there is parsnip talk. Not sure what you mean about fuss? I guess its just the usual discussion on a gardening forum :heehee: you know, people sharing their own parsnip experiences and techniques etc :loll:Glad you...
    @Mike Allen the first post explains why there is parsnip talk. Not sure what you mean about fuss? I guess its just the usual discussion on a gardening forum :heehee: you know, people sharing their own...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Spruce

Kiwi "Jenny"

We had fruit from ours but not worth the effort! Tiny.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Vince

Don't tell Carol

Oh dear, was ordering my veggie seed BUT Carol looked over my shoulder, now a lot poorer with HER flower seed order!:gaah:
    Oh dear, was ordering my veggie seed BUT Carol looked over my shoulder, now a lot poorer with HER flower seed order!:gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. JWK
    Like x 8

Gardener's Delight Tomato Seed Germination and Growing Thread

CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Steve R

Fruit tree rootstocks

I've seen how a Devon apple grower does that, cutting off above ground level and mounding soil around the new shoots so they send out roots into it.
    I've seen how a Devon apple grower does that, cutting off above ground level and mounding soil around the new shoots so they send out roots into it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Freddy

Okra

That's kind of you. :)You almost certainly know more than I do. Mrs Shiney is the one that knows a lot more.That rickshaw driver was bemoaning the fact that he had five (panj) daughters and no...
    That's kind of you. :)You almost certainly know more than I do. Mrs Shiney is the one that knows a lot more.That rickshaw driver was bemoaning the fact that he had five (panj) daughters and no sons. All in Hindi, which Mrs Shiney was translating for me as he was speaking.
    That's kind of you. :)You almost certainly know more than I do. Mrs Shiney is the one that knows a lot more.That rickshaw driver was bemoaning the fact that he had five (panj) daughters and no sons. All in Hindi, which Mrs Shiney was...
    That's kind of you. :)You almost certainly know more than I do. Mrs Shiney is the one that knows a lot more.That rickshaw driver was bemoaning the fact that he had five (panj) daughters and no...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Mike Allen

Adventures in the kitchen.

Thread locked pending admin review.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. MaLiorzh

Curry tree - Murraya koenigii

Sounds like you are on the right path now then My lounge window where mine overwinters is east facing sohas the morning sun.. The room is warm and it isn’t near a radiator or anything and seems...
    Sounds like you are on the right path now then My lounge window where mine overwinters is east facing sohas the morning sun.. The room is warm and it isn’t near a radiator or anything and seems quite happy... I hope yours will pick up a bit now too if you are putting it in a warmer atmosphere....
    Sounds like you are on the right path now then My lounge window where mine overwinters is east facing sohas the morning sun.. The room is warm and it isn’t near a radiator or anything and seems quite happy... I hope yours will pick up a bit now...
    Sounds like you are on the right path now then My lounge window where mine overwinters is east facing sohas the morning sun.. The room is warm and it isn’t near a radiator or anything and seems...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. 2nd_bassoon

Vertical strawberries?

When I bought these, there were two options. I went for the larger of the two. I’ve just measured the inside diameter of the ‘pot’ part, which is 8”. As for the amount of compost it holds, I seem...
    When I bought these, there were two options. I went for the larger of the two. I’ve just measured the inside diameter of the ‘pot’ part, which is 8”. As for the amount of compost it holds, I seem to remember I used up a bag (60 litres?)and a half for both planters, maybe a bit less.
    When I bought these, there were two options. I went for the larger of the two. I’ve just measured the inside diameter of the ‘pot’ part, which is 8”. As for the amount of compost it holds, I seem to remember I used up a bag (60 litres?)and a half...
    When I bought these, there were two options. I went for the larger of the two. I’ve just measured the inside diameter of the ‘pot’ part, which is 8”. As for the amount of compost it holds, I seem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. 2nd_bassoon

How do your grapevines grow

I planted three outdoor varieties last year and they didn't grow a great deal. At the same time father in law planted a greenhouse variety and that has grown over 8 feet in a year. Mine are a...
    I planted three outdoor varieties last year and they didn't grow a great deal. At the same time father in law planted a greenhouse variety and that has grown over 8 feet in a year. Mine are a longer term project to cover this and hopefully provide a bit of shade. You can see them at the base...
    I planted three outdoor varieties last year and they didn't grow a great deal. At the same time father in law planted a greenhouse variety and that has grown over 8 feet in a year. Mine are a longer term project to cover this and hopefully...
    I planted three outdoor varieties last year and they didn't grow a great deal. At the same time father in law planted a greenhouse variety and that has grown over 8 feet in a year. Mine are a...
    DSCI0001 (4).JPG CB2CD55F-51D0-45E3-8144-8394A1526E4A.jpeg IMG_3277.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Steve R

No Dig

I'll be photographing and recording as I go through this season Freddy.Steve...:)
    I'll be photographing and recording as I go through this season Freddy.Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Glenfish

Strawberry Advice

Hi,They say strawbs need a period of cold, so I would leave them outside for a couple of weeks while this current cold spell is on, and then repot and bring any you want into the...
    Hi,They say strawbs need a period of cold, so I would leave them outside for a couple of weeks while this current cold spell is on, and then repot and bring any you want into the greenhouse.Leave some outside so you have a succession of fruits.Those in the greenhouse will need hand...
    Hi,They say strawbs need a period of cold, so I would leave them outside for a couple of weeks while this current cold spell is on, and then repot and bring any you want into the greenhouse.Leave some outside so you have a succession of...
    Hi,They say strawbs need a period of cold, so I would leave them outside for a couple of weeks while this current cold spell is on, and then repot and bring any you want into the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Steve R
    Like x 8

It's a good day when..

You are a lady with style and pizzazz ... my sort of gardening! :love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. ricky101

Blueberry - Rootstock or Alien ?

Yeah, well I spose the goat willow leaf is most like a blueberry leaf, which could have caused a bit of confusion ..... mind you I am very very easily confused anyway.
    Yeah, well I spose the goat willow leaf is most like a blueberry leaf, which could have caused a bit of confusion ..... mind you I am very very easily confused anyway.
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. ARMANDII
    Like x 4

THE TOMATO GROWING THREAD 2018

Last of the 2018 tomatoes
    Hello World WP_20180102_14_02_43_Pro.jpg 48D3B431-E6F9-4757-AEF9-8E0519E96575.jpeg DEC75AAC-6536-425B-AA75-41F2592C70BE.jpeg GC micro tom.jpg DSCI0003.JPG GC micro tom2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Warwick lad

Onions? which way??

Unless you’re looking at growing large onions, I see no reason why you couldn’t sow them after your move. Pretty sure I’ve sown at the beginning of March in the past, and produced decent sized onions.
    Unless you’re looking at growing large onions, I see no reason why you couldn’t sow them after your move. Pretty sure I’ve sown at the beginning of March in the past, and produced decent sized onions.
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. ricky101

Blueberry containers

Thank you ricky we will have to call in occasionally we call to Tankersley its not much further up the road, i used to fish at Worsbrough dam had some nice roach out of there.
    Thank you ricky we will have to call in occasionally we call to Tankersley its not much further up the road, i used to fish at Worsbrough dam had some nice roach out of there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. lowrider69

why are my leeks so small??

Much the same as MF.However some gardeners, novice or experienced have different procedures to planting. Whatever method or under whatever conditions the seed is sown really has little...
    Much the same as MF.However some gardeners, novice or experienced have different procedures to planting. Whatever method or under whatever conditions the seed is sown really has little influence.Come planting out time. Well dug over area, light treading down of the soil to firm. Then...
    Much the same as MF.However some gardeners, novice or experienced have different procedures to planting. Whatever method or under whatever conditions the seed is sown really has little influence.Come planting out time. Well dug over area,...
    Much the same as MF.However some gardeners, novice or experienced have different procedures to planting. Whatever method or under whatever conditions the seed is sown really has little...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice