Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Loki
    Like x 5

Chillies 2019

I've found that growing Chillies under bright growlights produces much better plants than relying on natural light. My Chillies haven't seen natural light since sowing in early March, later than I...
    I've found that growing Chillies under bright growlights produces much better plants than relying on natural light. My Chillies haven't seen natural light since sowing in early March, later than I usually sow, which explains why they're so small.
    I've found that growing Chillies under bright growlights produces much better plants than relying on natural light. My Chillies haven't seen natural light since sowing in early March, later than I usually sow, which explains why they're so small.
    I've found that growing Chillies under bright growlights produces much better plants than relying on natural light. My Chillies haven't seen natural light since sowing in early March, later than I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK
    Like x 7

The Tomato Growing Thread 2019

4 Weeks tommorow since pricking out my tomato seedlings (2 weeks after sowing) into 40x cells, and most are now in 80mm square pots and about 30 in 125mm dia pots, with those all being about 400mm...
    4 Weeks tommorow since pricking out my tomato seedlings (2 weeks after sowing) into 40x cells, and most are now in 80mm square pots and about 30 in 125mm dia pots, with those all being about 400mm high.I attribute their rapid growth to use of growlights and Jack's Magic compost, their root...
    4 Weeks tommorow since pricking out my tomato seedlings (2 weeks after sowing) into 40x cells, and most are now in 80mm square pots and about 30 in 125mm dia pots, with those all being about 400mm high.I attribute their rapid growth to use of...
    4 Weeks tommorow since pricking out my tomato seedlings (2 weeks after sowing) into 40x cells, and most are now in 80mm square pots and about 30 in 125mm dia pots, with those all being about 400mm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

GARDENERS DELIGHT TOMATO SEED GERMINATION AND GROWING 2019

They look OK to me too @joolz68 - I think tomatoes get curling leafs when they are growing strongly.
    They look OK to me too @joolz68 - I think tomatoes get curling leafs when they are growing strongly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Steve R
    Like x 4

Vegetable Growing 2019

I spent the better part of the day up-potting the tom starts as it will be several more weeks before I can even think about putting them outdoors. If, and when, we get some nice weather I can put...
    I spent the better part of the day up-potting the tom starts as it will be several more weeks before I can even think about putting them outdoors. If, and when, we get some nice weather I can put them in the greenhouse for the afternoon, but right now the temperature is in the 30s F with rain...
    I spent the better part of the day up-potting the tom starts as it will be several more weeks before I can even think about putting them outdoors. If, and when, we get some nice weather I can put them in the greenhouse for the afternoon, but...
    I spent the better part of the day up-potting the tom starts as it will be several more weeks before I can even think about putting them outdoors. If, and when, we get some nice weather I can put...
    IMG_20190107_220747_hdr.jpg spudshoots.jpg garden004.jpg garden005.jpg garden.jpg spuds.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK
    Like x 6

Tomato Grafting

2 days ago and they have come out the healing chamber (two plastic storage boxes to keep up humidity). Only one failure out of a dozen.To give an idea of how the grafting butchery knocks the...
    2 days ago and they have come out the healing chamber (two plastic storage boxes to keep up humidity). Only one failure out of a dozen.To give an idea of how the grafting butchery knocks the plant back here is the same variety side by side, the non-grafted has made a fair bit more growth over...
    2 days ago and they have come out the healing chamber (two plastic storage boxes to keep up humidity). Only one failure out of a dozen.To give an idea of how the grafting butchery knocks the plant back here is the same variety side by side, the...
    2 days ago and they have come out the healing chamber (two plastic storage boxes to keep up humidity). Only one failure out of a dozen.To give an idea of how the grafting butchery knocks the...
    IMG_6201.JPG IMG_5955.JPG IMG_6203.JPG IMG_6300.JPG IMG_6428 Tomato grafted onto Aubergine roots.JPG IMG_5956.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Phil A
    Like x 3

Giant Onions 2019

Yup..real sickener...and I thought Onions could walk!Egyptian Walking Onion
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Steve R
    Like x 13

Sowing seeds too early.

Very useful information Steve :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

Might be best to post this on the 2016 Pumpkin Growing thread @Snowbaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  10.   » Normal Threads
  11. Aldo

Telling bush tomatoes from cordon varieties

While I was abroad, the postman delivered 9 tomato plugs. 3 Lizzano (a bush variety), 3 santorange (cordon) and 3 aviditas (again cordon, a pretty robust and large variety which I have grown last...
    While I was abroad, the postman delivered 9 tomato plugs. 3 Lizzano (a bush variety), 3 santorange (cordon) and 3 aviditas (again cordon, a pretty robust and large variety which I have grown last year).Because it would have been days until my return, my wife did me the favour to pot them for...
    While I was abroad, the postman delivered 9 tomato plugs. 3 Lizzano (a bush variety), 3 santorange (cordon) and 3 aviditas (again cordon, a pretty robust and large variety which I have grown last year).Because it would have been days until my...
    While I was abroad, the postman delivered 9 tomato plugs. 3 Lizzano (a bush variety), 3 santorange (cordon) and 3 aviditas (again cordon, a pretty robust and large variety which I have grown last...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Selleri

Can I put my gherkin plant in the blowaway greenhouse already?

My Cucumbers are getting the same Selleri, I'll wait a couple of weeks and then they go into the blowaway house.
    My Cucumbers are getting the same Selleri, I'll wait a couple of weeks and then they go into the blowaway house.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kellys_eye

What to plant?

We love dwarf beans, great idea!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Leanne2511

Does my raspberry plant look OK?

I'd stick with keeping it in a pot rather than grow bags and use John Innes compost no 3.
    I'd stick with keeping it in a pot rather than grow bags and use John Innes compost no 3.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ricky101

Parsnips

I don't grow them these days. But I would be doing it now if l did. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. misterQ

Post pictures of your radishes here...

A Slight Spring Onion Detour.If you're stuck on what variety to grow then I would recommend the white skinned White Lisbon and Ishikura spring onions. Both of these are UK winter hardy and can...
    A Slight Spring Onion Detour.If you're stuck on what variety to grow then I would recommend the white skinned White Lisbon and Ishikura spring onions. Both of these are UK winter hardy and can be left in the ground for about two years before they set seed. If you harvest using the cut and come...
    A Slight Spring Onion Detour.If you're stuck on what variety to grow then I would recommend the white skinned White Lisbon and Ishikura spring onions. Both of these are UK winter hardy and can be left in the ground for about two years before...
    A Slight Spring Onion Detour.If you're stuck on what variety to grow then I would recommend the white skinned White Lisbon and Ishikura spring onions. Both of these are UK winter hardy and can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Steve R

Fruit tree rootstocks

Thanks for that. I've just had to do some pruning and have a load of scion wood. Would be a shame for it to go to waste.
    Thanks for that. I've just had to do some pruning and have a load of scion wood. Would be a shame for it to go to waste.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Aldo

Germinating seeds: a few beginner questions (jars over soil and Jiffy pellets)

Thanks Mike, I will make sure to remove the envelope at the time of planting then. At the moment, I have only 8 seeds in Jiffy (bush tomatoes), it has been a week and they have not developed...
    Thanks Mike, I will make sure to remove the envelope at the time of planting then. At the moment, I have only 8 seeds in Jiffy (bush tomatoes), it has been a week and they have not developed yet.But I have 15 or so corn and squash plants germinating in small 6cm pots (in potting soil). I will...
    Thanks Mike, I will make sure to remove the envelope at the time of planting then. At the moment, I have only 8 seeds in Jiffy (bush tomatoes), it has been a week and they have not developed yet.But I have 15 or so corn and squash plants...
    Thanks Mike, I will make sure to remove the envelope at the time of planting then. At the moment, I have only 8 seeds in Jiffy (bush tomatoes), it has been a week and they have not developed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. 2nd_bassoon

Vertical strawberries?

I never heard of drainpipes pots before. Actually, looking at pictures, they look very decorative too! And they keep your plants away from slugs and other pests, which is great. If I had...
    I never heard of drainpipes pots before. Actually, looking at pictures, they look very decorative too! And they keep your plants away from slugs and other pests, which is great. If I had drainpipes in the garden, I would certainly consider getting a few :)
    I never heard of drainpipes pots before. Actually, looking at pictures, they look very decorative too! And they keep your plants away from slugs and other pests, which is great. If I had drainpipes in the garden, I would certainly consider...
    I never heard of drainpipes pots before. Actually, looking at pictures, they look very decorative too! And they keep your plants away from slugs and other pests, which is great. If I had...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Aldo

Replenishing soil in raised bed : is blood, fish & bones a good option

I found out about the molasses in James Wong's book, "Grow for flavour". Accordingly to him, aside of feeding the plants, it helps beneficial bacteria too. Having no experience with other...
    I found out about the molasses in James Wong's book, "Grow for flavour". Accordingly to him, aside of feeding the plants, it helps beneficial bacteria too. Having no experience with other products, I can only compare with some expensive strawberry feed I bought a few years ago, and molasses...
    I found out about the molasses in James Wong's book, "Grow for flavour". Accordingly to him, aside of feeding the plants, it helps beneficial bacteria too. Having no experience with other products, I can only compare with some expensive...
    I found out about the molasses in James Wong's book, "Grow for flavour". Accordingly to him, aside of feeding the plants, it helps beneficial bacteria too. Having no experience with other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. lowrider69

Asparagus Advice Please

@Verdun sorry for my slow response thanks for your advice. I do have seedlings to start a new bed so I will plan on just starting again. Guess I'll wait until this year's harvest is finished ...
    @Verdun sorry for my slow response thanks for your advice. I do have seedlings to start a new bed so I will plan on just starting again. Guess I'll wait until this year's harvest is finished before tearing the bed out. Sad but.. YUM :)
    @Verdun sorry for my slow response thanks for your advice. I do have seedlings to start a new bed so I will plan on just starting again. Guess I'll wait until this year's harvest is finished before tearing the bed out. Sad but.. YUM :)
    @Verdun sorry for my slow response thanks for your advice. I do have seedlings to start a new bed so I will plan on just starting again. Guess I'll wait until this year's harvest is finished ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Selleri

Agretti- has anyone grown or eaten it?

Sorry for the late answer!Let me know how it works out, I am actually curious. I am visiting Italy over the next weeks, so I might even pick a few wild plants up and see how they fare here in...
    Sorry for the late answer!Let me know how it works out, I am actually curious. I am visiting Italy over the next weeks, so I might even pick a few wild plants up and see how they fare here in the UK. Interestingly, years ago my wife managed to transplant to our garden some cuttlings from...
    Sorry for the late answer!Let me know how it works out, I am actually curious. I am visiting Italy over the next weeks, so I might even pick a few wild plants up and see how they fare here in the UK. Interestingly, years ago my wife managed to...
    Sorry for the late answer!Let me know how it works out, I am actually curious. I am visiting Italy over the next weeks, so I might even pick a few wild plants up and see how they fare here in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. ricky101

'Berries and Fertilizers

Yes I am limited for space and now health isn't so good. Used to grow most of the 'Berries' when working a large allottment with my father, but that was over fifty years ago. Also whe employed...
    Yes I am limited for space and now health isn't so good. Used to grow most of the 'Berries' when working a large allottment with my father, but that was over fifty years ago. Also whe employed by the MOD. As with home grown produce, you can always tell the difference.
    Yes I am limited for space and now health isn't so good. Used to grow most of the 'Berries' when working a large allottment with my father, but that was over fifty years ago. Also whe employed by the MOD. As with home grown produce, you can...
    Yes I am limited for space and now health isn't so good. Used to grow most of the 'Berries' when working a large allottment with my father, but that was over fifty years ago. Also whe employed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Greecko

Planting Raspberry Canes

Thanks guys! Some of them are still bare canes so hoping they are still viable and wake up soon! The golden raspberries I planted already have leaves budding so hoping they work! Any tips on...
    Thanks guys! Some of them are still bare canes so hoping they are still viable and wake up soon! The golden raspberries I planted already have leaves budding so hoping they work! Any tips on what I should do as one is fallgold and the other is malling promise. So a primo and floricane. ...
    Thanks guys! Some of them are still bare canes so hoping they are still viable and wake up soon! The golden raspberries I planted already have leaves budding so hoping they work! Any tips on what I should do as one is fallgold and the other is...
    Thanks guys! Some of them are still bare canes so hoping they are still viable and wake up soon! The golden raspberries I planted already have leaves budding so hoping they work! Any tips on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Fat Controller

Leeks!

I've just pulled the last of those leeks planted in clumps, and I've now pricked out so many Leeks that I'll once again pricking some out into clumps, thought I'd re-visit this thread.
    I've just pulled the last of those leeks planted in clumps, and I've now pricked out so many Leeks that I'll once again pricking some out into clumps, thought I'd re-visit this thread.
    leeks.jpg leek clumps.jpg leeks small.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Paul Blackburn

Advice for growing Raspberries

I have put the two bags of manure into my two compost bins and spread the Fish Blood and Bone around the canes and have spread the compost on top.
    I have put the two bags of manure into my two compost bins and spread the Fish Blood and Bone around the canes and have spread the compost on top.
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. MaLiorzh

Gotu kola - Asiatic pennywort - Centella asiatica

Ah yeah I see your mistake. You're thinking of my Gotta Koala thread on the amateur marsupial keeper forum. No problem though. Easy mistake to make.
    Ah yeah I see your mistake. You're thinking of my Gotta Koala thread on the amateur marsupial keeper forum. No problem though. Easy mistake to make.
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. MaLiorzh

Ramps - allium tricoccum

Anybody grow ramps i.e Allium tricoccum? I've got the European ramsons or wild garlic - Allium ursinum - in a shady spot in the garden and it does very well - self-seeds quite prolifically - but...
    Anybody grow ramps i.e Allium tricoccum? I've got the European ramsons or wild garlic - Allium ursinum - in a shady spot in the garden and it does very well - self-seeds quite prolifically - but I've tried to grow the North American A. tricoccum from seed twice now with no joy. I planted them...
    Anybody grow ramps i.e Allium tricoccum? I've got the European ramsons or wild garlic - Allium ursinum - in a shady spot in the garden and it does very well - self-seeds quite prolifically - but I've tried to grow the North American A. tricoccum...
    Anybody grow ramps i.e Allium tricoccum? I've got the European ramsons or wild garlic - Allium ursinum - in a shady spot in the garden and it does very well - self-seeds quite prolifically - but...
    s-l1000.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Mike77

Overwintered Beetroot

I will roast several with dinner see how they are. If they're any good I may pickle the rest.
    I will roast several with dinner see how they are. If they're any good I may pickle the rest.
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Vince
    Like x 4

All set for this season......

Received my veggie seed order this week (Carol's flower seed order too [she was looking over my shoulder!] when making my purchase), got my seed potatoes today, Charlotte & Cara along with 15...
    Received my veggie seed order this week (Carol's flower seed order too [she was looking over my shoulder!] when making my purchase), got my seed potatoes today, Charlotte & Cara along with 15 potato grow bags, looks like silly growing season is just around the corner? Lights, Heat and Compost!!!!!
    Received my veggie seed order this week (Carol's flower seed order too [she was looking over my shoulder!] when making my purchase), got my seed potatoes today, Charlotte & Cara along with 15 potato grow bags, looks like silly growing season is...
    Received my veggie seed order this week (Carol's flower seed order too [she was looking over my shoulder!] when making my purchase), got my seed potatoes today, Charlotte & Cara along with 15...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice