Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Steve R
    Like x 4

Vegetable Growing 2019

You certainly get some good results my friend, and everything looks so healthy. Long gone are my veggie growing days. Root veg often would cause a laugh, where mishapes were dug up. The weather...
    You certainly get some good results my friend, and everything looks so healthy. Long gone are my veggie growing days. Root veg often would cause a laugh, where mishapes were dug up. The weather at times played hell with the potato crop. Dry season and most turned out like moth balls. Wet...
    You certainly get some good results my friend, and everything looks so healthy. Long gone are my veggie growing days. Root veg often would cause a laugh, where mishapes were dug up. The weather at times played hell with the potato crop. Dry...
    You certainly get some good results my friend, and everything looks so healthy. Long gone are my veggie growing days. Root veg often would cause a laugh, where mishapes were dug up. The weather...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Loki
    Like x 5

Chillies 2019

Cor they look fabulous.:love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JWK
    Like x 7

The Tomato Growing Thread 2019

Ate my last Glacier tomato yesterday and kept a few seed too. Under the grow lights January.
    Ate my last Glacier tomato yesterday and kept a few seed too. Under the grow lights January.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JWK
    Like x 6

Tomato Grafting

It doesn't feel satisfying unless you've got a glut so here's hoping that you're up to your eyeballs with them both.
    It doesn't feel satisfying unless you've got a glut so here's hoping that you're up to your eyeballs with them both.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. shiney
    Locked Sticky

How To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits

This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to an Apple Day at our local orchard and got our...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Phil A
    Like x 3

Giant Onions 2019

Steve...:yay:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Marley Farley

GARDENERS DELIGHT TOMATO SEED GERMINATION AND GROWING 2019

My 2 gardeners delight that i planted in the greenhouse are doing well @JWK :)
    20190217_151334.jpg tomato.jpg IMG_20190401_201227.jpg IMG_20190706_211028.jpg IMG_20190706_210909.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Steve R
    Like x 14

Sowing seeds too early.

Very useful information Steve :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

Might be best to post this on the 2016 Pumpkin Growing thread @Snowbaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  11.   » Normal Threads
  12. Hehfaar

Edible for shady area

Hi,Not something I have tried in shade, plus you are talking a smallish area but think these will give a decent easy to grow crop that should keep the young one interested as some are fast...
    Hi,Not something I have tried in shade, plus you are talking a smallish area but think these will give a decent easy to grow crop that should keep the young one interested as some are fast growers, but do not get too big to over power the whole area, partic if picked samll and...
    Hi,Not something I have tried in shade, plus you are talking a smallish area but think these will give a decent easy to grow crop that should keep the young one interested as some are fast growers, but do not get too big to over power the...
    Hi,Not something I have tried in shade, plus you are talking a smallish area but think these will give a decent easy to grow crop that should keep the young one interested as some are fast...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Engelbert

Is this old apple tree beyond saving (I hope not)?

Hi mike ok think l leave boris cuttings alone lol those secateures are ouch indeed
    Hi mike ok think l leave boris cuttings alone lol those secateures are ouch indeed
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. TMAK

Tommys First Vegetable Garden

Hi everyone, Thanks for all the advice and encouragement, I have to say Im getting excited about it now. Unfortunately I didn't get anything done over the weekend had a bit of a family emergency...
    Hi everyone, Thanks for all the advice and encouragement, I have to say Im getting excited about it now. Unfortunately I didn't get anything done over the weekend had a bit of a family emergency but all is back to normal now. I have decided on an area, for no at least. I am going to take an...
    Hi everyone, Thanks for all the advice and encouragement, I have to say Im getting excited about it now. Unfortunately I didn't get anything done over the weekend had a bit of a family emergency but all is back to normal now. I have decided on...
    Hi everyone, Thanks for all the advice and encouragement, I have to say Im getting excited about it now. Unfortunately I didn't get anything done over the weekend had a bit of a family emergency...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. charliew50

Next steps advice for clearing nettles and turning into veg bed

Yes I agree :)I use wood chips for paths and beds that I won't be disturbing often but prefer straw if I'm always digging about.Straw is also good for veg as it breaks down quickly and adds...
    Yes I agree :)I use wood chips for paths and beds that I won't be disturbing often but prefer straw if I'm always digging about.Straw is also good for veg as it breaks down quickly and adds organic matter back to the soil.If your area is ready and waiting for planting in February you could...
    Yes I agree :)I use wood chips for paths and beds that I won't be disturbing often but prefer straw if I'm always digging about.Straw is also good for veg as it breaks down quickly and adds organic matter back to the soil.If your area is...
    Yes I agree :)I use wood chips for paths and beds that I won't be disturbing often but prefer straw if I'm always digging about.Straw is also good for veg as it breaks down quickly and adds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Semi-ornamental edibles...

Oooh, now they do sound nice @Sian in Belgium :)I have fences that I can arrange wire for things to scramble up/tie to, so if you could spare a few seeds they would be gratefully received. Goes...
    Oooh, now they do sound nice @Sian in Belgium :)I have fences that I can arrange wire for things to scramble up/tie to, so if you could spare a few seeds they would be gratefully received. Goes without saying, if there is any seeds/bulbs etc that you are looking for, just say the word?
    Oooh, now they do sound nice @Sian in Belgium :)I have fences that I can arrange wire for things to scramble up/tie to, so if you could spare a few seeds they would be gratefully received. Goes without saying, if there is any seeds/bulbs etc...
    Oooh, now they do sound nice @Sian in Belgium :)I have fences that I can arrange wire for things to scramble up/tie to, so if you could spare a few seeds they would be gratefully received. Goes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Scudo

Mushrooms. Identification

I think, I uploaded more of the good ones from there. if interested I can continue.
    I think, I uploaded more of the good ones from there. if interested I can continue.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Snorky85

Ripening peppers using a lamp?

In many instances, it will depend on just how close the Peppers are to ripening naturally - some just need a nudge so the table by the window would suffice.
    In many instances, it will depend on just how close the Peppers are to ripening naturally - some just need a nudge so the table by the window would suffice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paul Blackburn

Pruning Raspberries

Agree with @noisette47 , though you could let a few of those 12" tall shoot grow on and they will likely give some summer fruit as well as the new autumn fruiting shoots that come up in...
    Agree with @noisette47 , though you could let a few of those 12" tall shoot grow on and they will likely give some summer fruit as well as the new autumn fruiting shoots that come up in spring.Believe there is little difference between summer and autumn types, just that the Bliss can give good...
    Agree with @noisette47 , though you could let a few of those 12" tall shoot grow on and they will likely give some summer fruit as well as the new autumn fruiting shoots that come up in spring.Believe there is little difference between summer...
    Agree with @noisette47 , though you could let a few of those 12" tall shoot grow on and they will likely give some summer fruit as well as the new autumn fruiting shoots that come up in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sienna's Blossom

Will my tomatoes ripen?

Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on...
    Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on the bush, the rest ripened on a sunny window-ledge or under the settee in the living-room in the...
    Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on the bush, the rest ripened on a sunny window-ledge...
    Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. crocus

green bell peppers

thankyou
    thankyou
    thankyou
    thankyou
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Paul Blackburn

Raspberry Question

I have Autumn Bliss and cut them down to the ground each winter as others have said.Rather than buy more plants I pull out suckers and replant elsewhere. But could be good to try another...
    I have Autumn Bliss and cut them down to the ground each winter as others have said.Rather than buy more plants I pull out suckers and replant elsewhere. But could be good to try another variety too ☺️
    I have Autumn Bliss and cut them down to the ground each winter as others have said.Rather than buy more plants I pull out suckers and replant elsewhere. But could be good to try another variety too ☺️
    I have Autumn Bliss and cut them down to the ground each winter as others have said.Rather than buy more plants I pull out suckers and replant elsewhere. But could be good to try another...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Paul Blackburn

Potatoe Problem

Been there. Done that. Often so soul destroying, having prepared the ground, planted, contended with bugs etc attacking the top growth. The come the time to harvest. Her the scene changes. ...
    Been there. Done that. Often so soul destroying, having prepared the ground, planted, contended with bugs etc attacking the top growth. The come the time to harvest. Her the scene changes. Much is the result of the seasonal weather. Row upon row of moth ball sized tubers, then agood season,...
    Been there. Done that. Often so soul destroying, having prepared the ground, planted, contended with bugs etc attacking the top growth. The come the time to harvest. Her the scene changes. Much is the result of the seasonal weather. Row upon...
    Been there. Done that. Often so soul destroying, having prepared the ground, planted, contended with bugs etc attacking the top growth. The come the time to harvest. Her the scene changes. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. RobB

Cauliflowers sizes

@mazambo I didn't come across that one and it looks to be right so I'll get some seeds. Thank you.
    @mazambo I didn't come across that one and it looks to be right so I'll get some seeds. Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. RoryG

Bad Beans

Thanks Pete, good information, I'll try some white ones.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. RobB

Marrows and courgettes

A tiddler from a 'giant marrow' plant that wasn't given much preparation/attention as it was being grown to produce marrows for eating, and has a couple of marrows left on it.At 24lbs it's still...
    A tiddler from a 'giant marrow' plant that wasn't given much preparation/attention as it was being grown to produce marrows for eating, and has a couple of marrows left on it.At 24lbs it's still soft skinned and juicy, whereas tradditional marrows would be much drier, tough and have skins as...
    A tiddler from a 'giant marrow' plant that wasn't given much preparation/attention as it was being grown to produce marrows for eating, and has a couple of marrows left on it.At 24lbs it's still soft skinned and juicy, whereas tradditional...
    A tiddler from a 'giant marrow' plant that wasn't given much preparation/attention as it was being grown to produce marrows for eating, and has a couple of marrows left on it.At 24lbs it's still...
    P1400043.JPG P1110109.JPG marrow 18.08.2016.jpg marrow biggest 2015.jpg marrow3Aon20.08.16.jpg marrows 13.05.2017.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Eden1

Am I late to sow runner beans?

The first lots of plants have gone yellow with only few nice beans but now lots of seed :) The young plants should do well even if it's just a few for meals now on, freezer is full for the winter:)
    The first lots of plants have gone yellow with only few nice beans but now lots of seed :) The young plants should do well even if it's just a few for meals now on, freezer is full for the winter:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Adendoll

Anyone had any success with an almond tree in north west

Dont quite understand that statement DR.:scratch: Grafted trees are more likely to come up with the goods and I'm guessing if you bought an almond tree at any nursery it will probably be grafted.
    Dont quite understand that statement DR.:scratch: Grafted trees are more likely to come up with the goods and I'm guessing if you bought an almond tree at any nursery it will probably be grafted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Eden1

Will I get a Carrot Harvest this year.

Thanks. Ah well you live and learn!
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. karaman

Hazelnut - when and how to prune?

hallo,have found similar threads but none tell me how and when to prune a hazelnut? Last year i did not prune at all thinking the nuts will come at the end of new shoots -- very few did. They...
    hallo,have found similar threads but none tell me how and when to prune a hazelnut? Last year i did not prune at all thinking the nuts will come at the end of new shoots -- very few did. They are now getting to be rather large bushes with several leaders. I have not fed them and still they...
    hallo,have found similar threads but none tell me how and when to prune a hazelnut? Last year i did not prune at all thinking the nuts will come at the end of new shoots -- very few did. They are now getting to be rather large bushes with...
    hallo,have found similar threads but none tell me how and when to prune a hazelnut? Last year i did not prune at all thinking the nuts will come at the end of new shoots -- very few did. They...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Kate1616

Raspberry problems

I get very confused by raspberries! Mine have been fruiting for about a month now - it seems they overlap summer and autumn........so when should they be pruned??
    I get very confused by raspberries! Mine have been fruiting for about a month now - it seems they overlap summer and autumn........so when should they be pruned??
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice