Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII

TOMATO GROWING THREAD 2020

looking at the cut tomatoes the piccolo has had good pollination and is full of seeds and the tumbling tom has had poor pollination and has a heavy core and fewer seeds, the gel around the seeds...
    looking at the cut tomatoes the piccolo has had good pollination and is full of seeds and the tumbling tom has had poor pollination and has a heavy core and fewer seeds, the gel around the seeds enhances taste, more gel less core more taste sandy
    looking at the cut tomatoes the piccolo has had good pollination and is full of seeds and the tumbling tom has had poor pollination and has a heavy core and fewer seeds, the gel around the seeds enhances taste, more gel less core more taste sandy
    looking at the cut tomatoes the piccolo has had good pollination and is full of seeds and the tumbling tom has had poor pollination and has a heavy core and fewer seeds, the gel around the seeds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ARMANDII

CHILLIES 2020

I have also found that having fans cycling regularly has discouraged them from digging in. Not had an aphid problem since I set up my dc fans/solar powered back about 7 years ago. Prior to that, I...
    I have also found that having fans cycling regularly has discouraged them from digging in. Not had an aphid problem since I set up my dc fans/solar powered back about 7 years ago. Prior to that, I was constantly in battle stations. Also, I had issues with spider mites. The fans seemed to stop...
    I have also found that having fans cycling regularly has discouraged them from digging in. Not had an aphid problem since I set up my dc fans/solar powered back about 7 years ago. Prior to that, I was constantly in battle stations. Also, I had...
    I have also found that having fans cycling regularly has discouraged them from digging in. Not had an aphid problem since I set up my dc fans/solar powered back about 7 years ago. Prior to that, I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII

VEGETABLE GROWING 2020

If you're gluten free you can use chick pea flour (also known as Gram flour) and I actually prefer it to ordinary flour. It usually gives a drier, crisper finish. :blue thumb:
    If you're gluten free you can use chick pea flour (also known as Gram flour) and I actually prefer it to ordinary flour. It usually gives a drier, crisper finish. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JWK
    Like x 5

Giant Onions 2020

Oh wow, they look fantastic! Great job JWK :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK
    Like x 6

Tomato Grafting

Ahem, I will be doing and have done some grafting this year.I have dispensed with the use of healing chambers as I found them to be quite cumbersome and took up too much valuable space.Of...
    Ahem, I will be doing and have done some grafting this year.I have dispensed with the use of healing chambers as I found them to be quite cumbersome and took up too much valuable space.Of course, this meant employing grafting techniques which don't require ultra careful control of heat,...
    Ahem, I will be doing and have done some grafting this year.I have dispensed with the use of healing chambers as I found them to be quite cumbersome and took up too much valuable space.Of course, this meant employing grafting techniques...
    Ahem, I will be doing and have done some grafting this year.I have dispensed with the use of healing chambers as I found them to be quite cumbersome and took up too much valuable space.Of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ARMANDII

GARDENERS DELIGHT SEED AND GERMINATION AND GROWING 2020

Sown Gardener's Delight 2005 & 2012 today :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shiney
    Locked Sticky

How To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits

This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to an Apple Day at our local orchard and got our...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Steve R
    Like x 14

Sowing seeds too early.

Very useful information Steve :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

Might be best to post this on the 2016 Pumpkin Growing thread @Snowbaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  11.   » Normal Threads
  12. wiseowl
    Like x 5

Victoria Plums/James Grieve Apples

Can I just say, Bramleys are picked far too early mostly, when ripe you can eat them straight off the tree, in october.:biggrin:
    Can I just say, Bramleys are picked far too early mostly, when ripe you can eat them straight off the tree, in october.:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JWK

The Tatties Thread 2020

The colouring looks like King Edwards @Emily Jones - a good crop :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. misterQ

The Community Garden Bucket Growing Competition

July was mostly rain and strong winds. The potatoes have borne the brunt of this and look the worst for wear.
    July was mostly rain and strong winds. The potatoes have borne the brunt of this and look the worst for wear.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. beefpotnoodle
    Like x 3

Advice on the forum....

Look good :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Arlandria

Strawberries

Looking good Emily:bigthumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Green Knees

Gooseberry cutting error?

Thanks Nigel, you've sorta confirmed what I've just discovered. I've just had a look now and there's 4 definite "branch" looking things sticking out from under the big leaves near the bottom. The...
    Thanks Nigel, you've sorta confirmed what I've just discovered. I've just had a look now and there's 4 definite "branch" looking things sticking out from under the big leaves near the bottom. The longest is only about 4in but it has produced multiple leaves along it so I'm a happier gardener...
    Thanks Nigel, you've sorta confirmed what I've just discovered. I've just had a look now and there's 4 definite "branch" looking things sticking out from under the big leaves near the bottom. The longest is only about 4in but it has produced...
    Thanks Nigel, you've sorta confirmed what I've just discovered. I've just had a look now and there's 4 definite "branch" looking things sticking out from under the big leaves near the bottom. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Engelbert

Is this tomato blight, if not what please?

Not blight, containers look to small, insufficient nutrients. Cut off any yellowing leaves, discard any damaged fruit and FEED with a 10-1 (water to feed) tomato feed once weekly, maybe twice...
    Not blight, containers look to small, insufficient nutrients. Cut off any yellowing leaves, discard any damaged fruit and FEED with a 10-1 (water to feed) tomato feed once weekly, maybe twice weekly for the next fortnight.PS, cutting off lower (yellowing) leaves will aid air flow and ripening .
    Not blight, containers look to small, insufficient nutrients. Cut off any yellowing leaves, discard any damaged fruit and FEED with a 10-1 (water to feed) tomato feed once weekly, maybe twice weekly for the next fortnight.PS, cutting off lower...
    Not blight, containers look to small, insufficient nutrients. Cut off any yellowing leaves, discard any damaged fruit and FEED with a 10-1 (water to feed) tomato feed once weekly, maybe twice...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kerry Howard

raspberries growing pains. help please!

7ft that's good, just tie them in, to the support wire, so the wind doesn't damage them.
    7ft that's good, just tie them in, to the support wire, so the wind doesn't damage them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. fuchsialady

Cherry help

In 2018 I bought a dwarf cherry tree - I think it is a Stella, certainly a self pollinating one. Last year it did nothing (apart from grow a bit), but i just thought it needed time to...
    In 2018 I bought a dwarf cherry tree - I think it is a Stella, certainly a self pollinating one. Last year it did nothing (apart from grow a bit), but i just thought it needed time to acclimatize. This year it had about 6 blossom flowers but they came to nothing. Disappointing to say the...
    In 2018 I bought a dwarf cherry tree - I think it is a Stella, certainly a self pollinating one. Last year it did nothing (apart from grow a bit), but i just thought it needed time to acclimatize. This year it had about 6 blossom flowers but...
    In 2018 I bought a dwarf cherry tree - I think it is a Stella, certainly a self pollinating one. Last year it did nothing (apart from grow a bit), but i just thought it needed time to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. amywhite

Cucumber plant not looking too good - please help!

That makes sense because my cuties are in a part shaded area which gets full sun for only 3 hours per day and i always water at the base, never on the leaves :-)
    That makes sense because my cuties are in a part shaded area which gets full sun for only 3 hours per day and i always water at the base, never on the leaves :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Kilm

ID required. Possibly edible, possibly not...

I wondered if 2 & 4 could be a young Comfrey, so took some pics of a leaf
    15957714479699107355407517770891.jpg 15957715991255045404921971900864.jpg 15957716100916044038770794036687.jpg 15957717226055025091624162238831.jpg 15957717387026528750554310529176.jpg IMG_20200727_201601660.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Emily Jones

Gooseberry bush dilemma

I'd use a high potash fertiliser, i manage to get actual wood ash which is almost the same, put it on in the spring. I hardly prune the ones in the front and they don't get too big, but the ones...
    I'd use a high potash fertiliser, i manage to get actual wood ash which is almost the same, put it on in the spring. I hardly prune the ones in the front and they don't get too big, but the ones in the back i cut back because they're close to the footpath and get in the way.
    I'd use a high potash fertiliser, i manage to get actual wood ash which is almost the same, put it on in the spring. I hardly prune the ones in the front and they don't get too big, but the ones in the back i cut back because they're close to the...
    I'd use a high potash fertiliser, i manage to get actual wood ash which is almost the same, put it on in the spring. I hardly prune the ones in the front and they don't get too big, but the ones...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. kr236rk

Mint disaster :-o

Thanks. Went into double-disaster mode: have a mister filed with saline & have now ringed the rescued mint round with cut lengths of bramble, which will hopefully hold them off till the nematodes...
    Thanks. Went into double-disaster mode: have a mister filed with saline & have now ringed the rescued mint round with cut lengths of bramble, which will hopefully hold them off till the nematodes arrive. Don't want to dose the earth with salt where possible. Think what's happening is that in...
    Thanks. Went into double-disaster mode: have a mister filed with saline & have now ringed the rescued mint round with cut lengths of bramble, which will hopefully hold them off till the nematodes arrive. Don't want to dose the earth with salt...
    Thanks. Went into double-disaster mode: have a mister filed with saline & have now ringed the rescued mint round with cut lengths of bramble, which will hopefully hold them off till the nematodes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. misterQ

Post pictures of your radishes here...

Too embarrassed to show you mine, as they have not bulbed out as yet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Sargan

Cucumber disease

It looks like a cucumber plant with a lot of fruit
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. redfeathered

Beetroot issues

Ohh okay, I think I'll have to wait a few more weeks as I kept mine indoors for a while.. but when you mentioned roasting them that sounded really good ... I think I have my mind set on what I...
    Ohh okay, I think I'll have to wait a few more weeks as I kept mine indoors for a while.. but when you mentioned roasting them that sounded really good ... I think I have my mind set on what I should do
    Ohh okay, I think I'll have to wait a few more weeks as I kept mine indoors for a while.. but when you mentioned roasting them that sounded really good ... I think I have my mind set on what I should do
    Ohh okay, I think I'll have to wait a few more weeks as I kept mine indoors for a while.. but when you mentioned roasting them that sounded really good ... I think I have my mind set on what I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Aldo

Tomatillo - Insects or else punching through the fruit's husk

@Selleri Mine are pretty much at the same development stage despite not having suffered any accident :) I think I should have brought some to my mum in Italy, given the temperature there is much...
    @Selleri Mine are pretty much at the same development stage despite not having suffered any accident :) I think I should have brought some to my mum in Italy, given the temperature there is much higher, they could probably establish as perennials. But then my mum can go months without watering...
    @Selleri Mine are pretty much at the same development stage despite not having suffered any accident :) I think I should have brought some to my mum in Italy, given the temperature there is much higher, they could probably establish as...
    @Selleri Mine are pretty much at the same development stage despite not having suffered any accident :) I think I should have brought some to my mum in Italy, given the temperature there is much...
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. johnrogers196969

Our first crop - We are so proud !!!

Ok. So not been on here for a while but thought that I would like to share a photo of something which I am very proud. A wonderful display and the the weekend weather did them (and me) proud!
    Ok. So not been on here for a while but thought that I would like to share a photo of something which I am very proud. A wonderful display and the the weekend weather did them (and me) proud!
    fl.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. barryman

Is this a blackcurrant - id please.....

It might grow black berries, but don't eat them. :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Ruth82

Redcurrent bush

Hi folks At my parents they have 3 blackcurrent and 1 or two redcurrant bush. Maybe up to ten years old. both have fruited ok thus year. but the red current has died back completely to crispy...
    Hi folks At my parents they have 3 blackcurrent and 1 or two redcurrant bush. Maybe up to ten years old. both have fruited ok thus year. but the red current has died back completely to crispy brown leaves. While the blackcurrants still have green leaves I'm much more partial to the red...
    Hi folks At my parents they have 3 blackcurrent and 1 or two redcurrant bush. Maybe up to ten years old. both have fruited ok thus year. but the red current has died back completely to crispy brown leaves. While the blackcurrants still have...
    Hi folks At my parents they have 3 blackcurrent and 1 or two redcurrant bush. Maybe up to ten years old. both have fruited ok thus year. but the red current has died back completely to crispy...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice