Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Loki
    Like x 5

Chillies 2019

It's 83f right now and we're expecting the days ahead to be just below 80. Loads of sunshine in between clouds.Thanks again for getting me started and guiding me @shiney . :)
    It's 83f right now and we're expecting the days ahead to be just below 80. Loads of sunshine in between clouds.Thanks again for getting me started and guiding me @shiney . :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Steve R
    Like x 4

Vegetable Growing 2019

The experimental aubergines are now all producing fruit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JWK
    Like x 7

The Tomato Growing Thread 2019

Hi @RedwingThere was a thread on here last year where a few of us raised plants from old seed packets: Gardener's Delight Tomato Seed Germination and Growing ThreadThe consensus was that the...
    Hi @RedwingThere was a thread on here last year where a few of us raised plants from old seed packets: Gardener's Delight Tomato Seed Germination and Growing ThreadThe consensus was that the seeds from 2005 were the best, in terms of flavour, size, yield and also being trouble free. I saved...
    Hi @RedwingThere was a thread on here last year where a few of us raised plants from old seed packets: Gardener's Delight Tomato Seed Germination and Growing ThreadThe consensus was that the seeds from 2005 were the best, in terms of...
    Hi @RedwingThere was a thread on here last year where a few of us raised plants from old seed packets: Gardener's Delight Tomato Seed Germination and Growing ThreadThe consensus was that the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Phil A
    Like x 3

Giant Onions 2019

Steve...:yay:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK
    Like x 6

Tomato Grafting

Sadly, the ChilliTomtatoes have been demoted. The chilli scions have shrivelled up, albeit, not completely dead.The good news is that the extra two Tomtatoes are doing very well.Four...
    Sadly, the ChilliTomtatoes have been demoted. The chilli scions have shrivelled up, albeit, not completely dead.The good news is that the extra two Tomtatoes are doing very well.Four trusses have set fruit from five/six trusses of blooms on each plant. The potato shoots are a good sign.
    Sadly, the ChilliTomtatoes have been demoted. The chilli scions have shrivelled up, albeit, not completely dead.The good news is that the extra two Tomtatoes are doing very well.Four trusses have set fruit from five/six trusses of blooms...
    Sadly, the ChilliTomtatoes have been demoted. The chilli scions have shrivelled up, albeit, not completely dead.The good news is that the extra two Tomtatoes are doing very well.Four...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Marley Farley

GARDENERS DELIGHT TOMATO SEED GERMINATION AND GROWING 2019

My 2 gardeners delight that i planted in the greenhouse are doing well @JWK :)
    20190217_151334.jpg tomato.jpg IMG_20190401_201227.jpg IMG_20190706_211028.jpg IMG_20190706_210909.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Steve R
    Like x 13

Sowing seeds too early.

Very useful information Steve :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

Might be best to post this on the 2016 Pumpkin Growing thread @Snowbaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  10.   » Normal Threads
  11. Sienna's Blossom

Will my tomatoes ripen?

Ok thanks all, I'll try a combination of suggestions then, and see what works best.:ThankYou::tomato:
    Ok thanks all, I'll try a combination of suggestions then, and see what works best.:ThankYou::tomato:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mike Allen
    Like x 6

Learning from the past.

Ah! Rick Stein. Real, natural, down to earth. Watched his series travelling the South Americas. At home, no fancy kitchen, simply good cooking.I have just rec'd a CD with old books about...
    Ah! Rick Stein. Real, natural, down to earth. Watched his series travelling the South Americas. At home, no fancy kitchen, simply good cooking.I have just rec'd a CD with old books about Lilies. The first book having been written in 1870's. I have grown hundreds of lilies and at the same...
    Ah! Rick Stein. Real, natural, down to earth. Watched his series travelling the South Americas. At home, no fancy kitchen, simply good cooking.I have just rec'd a CD with old books about Lilies. The first book having been written in 1870's....
    Ah! Rick Stein. Real, natural, down to earth. Watched his series travelling the South Americas. At home, no fancy kitchen, simply good cooking.I have just rec'd a CD with old books about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kon

Cut back newly planted currants & berries

Had to google that variety Kon ....you have a good one I think :)Yes, a wall or fence is ideal. If you wire it, aim to keep the wires 5 cm or so from the wall or fence. Helps air circulation,...
    Had to google that variety Kon ....you have a good one I think :)Yes, a wall or fence is ideal. If you wire it, aim to keep the wires 5 cm or so from the wall or fence. Helps air circulation, easier to train on the wires, helps fruit ripen more quickly and, I think, more effective against the...
    Had to google that variety Kon ....you have a good one I think :)Yes, a wall or fence is ideal. If you wire it, aim to keep the wires 5 cm or so from the wall or fence. Helps air circulation, easier to train on the wires, helps fruit ripen more...
    Had to google that variety Kon ....you have a good one I think :)Yes, a wall or fence is ideal. If you wire it, aim to keep the wires 5 cm or so from the wall or fence. Helps air circulation,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jack Sparrow

Patio Apple Trees

Well done Gary ....well, it’s a nice problem to have isn’t it? If more folks complained standards and quality would improve dramatically.:) Maybe keep the best and give some away....any allotment...
    Well done Gary ....well, it’s a nice problem to have isn’t it? If more folks complained standards and quality would improve dramatically.:) Maybe keep the best and give some away....any allotment friends?:)
    Well done Gary ....well, it’s a nice problem to have isn’t it? If more folks complained standards and quality would improve dramatically.:) Maybe keep the best and give some away....any allotment friends?:)
    Well done Gary ....well, it’s a nice problem to have isn’t it? If more folks complained standards and quality would improve dramatically.:) Maybe keep the best and give some away....any allotment...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. karaman

How do i propagate a Victoria plum?

I demonstrated in my post Air layering a plum... that they are easy to propagate both by air layering and by taking cuttings.If you air layer a fruiting branch then the resulting new tree will...
    I demonstrated in my post Air layering a plum... that they are easy to propagate both by air layering and by taking cuttings.If you air layer a fruiting branch then the resulting new tree will flower and even produce fruit the following year if the root system is healthy enough.The drawback...
    I demonstrated in my post Air layering a plum... that they are easy to propagate both by air layering and by taking cuttings.If you air layer a fruiting branch then the resulting new tree will flower and even produce fruit the following year if...
    I demonstrated in my post Air layering a plum... that they are easy to propagate both by air layering and by taking cuttings.If you air layer a fruiting branch then the resulting new tree will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Glenfish

Novice - strawberries advice pls

Here’s an update The plants have continued to grow and look great , I left the flowers on one plant which produced a little fruit, Q: The other plants didn’t flower again , am I correct in...
    Here’s an update The plants have continued to grow and look great , I left the flowers on one plant which produced a little fruit, Q: The other plants didn’t flower again , am I correct in thinking that they are building strength and volume and will fruit next yr?
    Here’s an update The plants have continued to grow and look great , I left the flowers on one plant which produced a little fruit, Q: The other plants didn’t flower again , am I correct in thinking that they are building strength and volume and...
    Here’s an update The plants have continued to grow and look great , I left the flowers on one plant which produced a little fruit, Q: The other plants didn’t flower again , am I correct in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. TheMadHedger

Hazelnuts - pick when green and ripen?

They were probably cob nuts I bought @Palustris , god knows why they sell them green.
    They were probably cob nuts I bought @Palustris , god knows why they sell them green.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Howard Stone

Pear tree pickers

I am lucky Howard mine are grown espalier against a wall now so either use the bag catcher one or send grandson up ladder to pick by hand. ;) Good luck in your hunt.. :SUNsmile:
    I am lucky Howard mine are grown espalier against a wall now so either use the bag catcher one or send grandson up ladder to pick by hand. ;) Good luck in your hunt.. :SUNsmile:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Greg C

sowing a second batch of carrots and shallots

I've been growing veg for years and although there is a standard "method" for everything, I still like to utilise "trial and error" too. This adds to your experience year on year, every day is a...
    I've been growing veg for years and although there is a standard "method" for everything, I still like to utilise "trial and error" too. This adds to your experience year on year, every day is a school day!Good luck.Steve...:)
    I've been growing veg for years and although there is a standard "method" for everything, I still like to utilise "trial and error" too. This adds to your experience year on year, every day is a school day!Good luck.Steve...:)
    I've been growing veg for years and although there is a standard "method" for everything, I still like to utilise "trial and error" too. This adds to your experience year on year, every day is a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Scudo

Peas, what happened to them

OK points noted. Mostly my fault though as I knew I would be ripping out the bathroom and knowing that would take me a couple of months I rushed a few things in the garden just to get them going...
    OK points noted. Mostly my fault though as I knew I would be ripping out the bathroom and knowing that would take me a couple of months I rushed a few things in the garden just to get them going then got caught with the refurb so pretty much ignored other things. I should have known better but...
    OK points noted. Mostly my fault though as I knew I would be ripping out the bathroom and knowing that would take me a couple of months I rushed a few things in the garden just to get them going then got caught with the refurb so pretty much...
    OK points noted. Mostly my fault though as I knew I would be ripping out the bathroom and knowing that would take me a couple of months I rushed a few things in the garden just to get them going...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. marsmm

Garlic suggestions and advice needed

Years ago, I got some Garlic from the Garlic Farm. I forget which varieties for sure now, but one was probably ‘Solent White’. From memory, they performed very well.
    Years ago, I got some Garlic from the Garlic Farm. I forget which varieties for sure now, but one was probably ‘Solent White’. From memory, they performed very well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Eden1

Am I late to sow runner beans?

I'm not quite sure, @Sheal as she's a bit of a runner she may have bean and gone without you noticing. :whistle:
    I'm not quite sure, @Sheal as she's a bit of a runner she may have bean and gone without you noticing. :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Eden1

Do I need to protect Carrots & Lettuce

Eden1 :)You can cover with fleece :) Cheap and effective:)Next spring you can use nematodes ......for slugs and others for pests in the soil.I sow carrots and immediately cover with fleece. ...
    Eden1 :)You can cover with fleece :) Cheap and effective:)Next spring you can use nematodes ......for slugs and others for pests in the soil.I sow carrots and immediately cover with fleece. Apart from lifting to thin them a couple of times keep carrots covered and this prevents the dreaded...
    Eden1 :)You can cover with fleece :) Cheap and effective:)Next spring you can use nematodes ......for slugs and others for pests in the soil.I sow carrots and immediately cover with fleece. Apart from lifting to thin them a couple of times...
    Eden1 :)You can cover with fleece :) Cheap and effective:)Next spring you can use nematodes ......for slugs and others for pests in the soil.I sow carrots and immediately cover with fleece. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. swindonseagull

Jonas Gold Apple tree leaves dropping and fruit not growing.

I use upturned 2L PET drinks bottles with the bottoms cut off, with the spout stuffed into gaps through the membrane I'm planting through, then pour water through the top open end.
    I use upturned 2L PET drinks bottles with the bottoms cut off, with the spout stuffed into gaps through the membrane I'm planting through, then pour water through the top open end.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. WorthingBloke

Is this a cooking apple?

Dont fall off the wall:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Paul Blackburn

Holes in Potatos

I have just peeled one of the potatoes and cut it in half and here is a picture of it.I peeled two other potatoes but by the time I had cut out all the bad pieces there was hardly anything...
    I have just peeled one of the potatoes and cut it in half and here is a picture of it.I peeled two other potatoes but by the time I had cut out all the bad pieces there was hardly anything left.Found the following online so does anyone know anything about them ie how do you use them and...
    I have just peeled one of the potatoes and cut it in half and here is a picture of it.I peeled two other potatoes but by the time I had cut out all the bad pieces there was hardly anything left.Found the following online so does anyone know...
    I have just peeled one of the potatoes and cut it in half and here is a picture of it.I peeled two other potatoes but by the time I had cut out all the bad pieces there was hardly anything...
    DSCN0033.JPG DSCN0032.JPG DSCN0034.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Paul Blackburn

Problem with Pear Tree

Yes I would @Paul Blackburn
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Shaun Rimmer

Any Strawberry experts or knowledgeable enthusiast help me get up to speed?..

Excellent post.
    Excellent post.
    Excellent post.
    Excellent post.
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. eddybaby

Will my onions ever be ready?

@pete mine were planted late last Autumn in the tunnel.. :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. cindy

Victoria Plum help please

No worries tree will be fine though it could possibly be suffering from what I know as coddling moth...If so when cutting a fruit in half you may see what they call frask and a little maggot...
    No worries tree will be fine though it could possibly be suffering from what I know as coddling moth...If so when cutting a fruit in half you may see what they call frask and a little maggot thingy .The way to combat it is to hang a Pheromone trap in the tree early spring to stop the moths...
    No worries tree will be fine though it could possibly be suffering from what I know as coddling moth...If so when cutting a fruit in half you may see what they call frask and a little maggot thingy .The way to combat it is to hang a Pheromone...
    No worries tree will be fine though it could possibly be suffering from what I know as coddling moth...If so when cutting a fruit in half you may see what they call frask and a little maggot...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice