Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. JWK
    Like x 3

Tomato Growing Thread 2021

That's what I do too, on opposite sides to get a good airflow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK
    Like x 6

Tomato Grafting

Yes, it is worth the effort and I had a lot of fun doing it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII

VEGETABLE GROWING 2020

Thanks Sian. By no means the largest I’ve ever grown, but it’s clean (little if any canker), so I’m happy :)
    Thanks Sian. By no means the largest I’ve ever grown, but it’s clean (little if any canker), so I’m happy :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ARMANDII

CHILLIES 2020

Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional....
    Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional. Garlic smoke bombs etc. I use nematodes every year for slugs so not adverse to biological controls....
    Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional. Garlic smoke bombs etc. I use nematodes every year for...
    Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional....
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK
    Like x 5

Giant Onions 2020

Attempting to tidy and braid my onions today :rolleyespink:
    5DF80F3D-688B-415D-9F17-4736F419A258.jpeg 20200516_172748.jpg 15896563634101353841077.jpg 20200719_183822.jpg 20200709_092549.jpg 20200816_115625.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ARMANDII

GARDENERS DELIGHT SEED AND GERMINATION AND GROWING 2020

Sown Gardener's Delight 2005 & 2012 today :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shiney
    Locked Sticky

How To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits

This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to an Apple Day at our local orchard and got our...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Steve R
    Like x 14

Sowing seeds too early.

Very useful information Steve :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

Might be best to post this on the 2016 Pumpkin Growing thread @Snowbaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  11.   » Normal Threads
  12. JWK

Potato growing 2021

New potato buckets arrived today.Rusty
    F7B9EC1F-2385-4BB4-84D2-A72EBF603ABD.png E4D56BD6-5660-422F-BEB3-16C0F2C9F941.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JR

First sowings in 2021

I've sown a lot of fern spore over the years, you daren't breath for fear of hoovering them up!
    I've sown a lot of fern spore over the years, you daren't breath for fear of hoovering them up!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. mazambo

Round lettuce?

Cos was the one I used to eat until I found the round lettuce, I've ordered all the year round and a Gustavs salad seed so I'll see how I go with those.
    Cos was the one I used to eat until I found the round lettuce, I've ordered all the year round and a Gustavs salad seed so I'll see how I go with those.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Finngal

Blackcurrants in pots

Hi, I use a mix of multipurpose compost and my garden soil (which is heavy clay) and some grit in my permanent containers. In the spring I mix some slow release fertiliser granules and rotted...
    Hi, I use a mix of multipurpose compost and my garden soil (which is heavy clay) and some grit in my permanent containers. In the spring I mix some slow release fertiliser granules and rotted manure to the top part, sometimes also some blood&fish&bone if there's any left after the roses....
    Hi, I use a mix of multipurpose compost and my garden soil (which is heavy clay) and some grit in my permanent containers. In the spring I mix some slow release fertiliser granules and rotted manure to the top part, sometimes also some...
    Hi, I use a mix of multipurpose compost and my garden soil (which is heavy clay) and some grit in my permanent containers. In the spring I mix some slow release fertiliser granules and rotted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Finngal
    Like x 7

HYDROPONICS

Little update on hydros : the cucumbers are now also flowering, beans are full full of flowers and looks like butternut may flower soon. All excited :love30:
    Little update on hydros : the cucumbers are now also flowering, beans are full full of flowers and looks like butternut may flower soon. All excited :love30:
    IMG_20210106_143905.jpg IMG_20210116_080150.jpg IMG_20210116_080206.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ARMANDII

TOMATO GROWING THREAD 2020

I'm sure that they do, liliana, and I think that members of the GC Gang possibly still do.:dunno:
    I'm sure that they do, liliana, and I think that members of the GC Gang possibly still do.:dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Finngal

Strawberries from seeds

I'm really looking forward to getting the first strawbs from them, the original was a deep, deep red and utterly delicious so I hope this will be the same / similar
    I'm really looking forward to getting the first strawbs from them, the original was a deep, deep red and utterly delicious so I hope this will be the same / similar
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ricky101

Leek problem

It was probably just a slug or snail on it @ricky101 Good looking leek though - what variety?
    It was probably just a slug or snail on it @ricky101 Good looking leek though - what variety?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. JWK
    Like x 4

Chillies 2021

Good Idea I can put a bag in the cupboard with the tumble dryer for a couple of days as it has sat in the GH and is probably frozen solid.I have ordered Royal Black, Lemon drop and Cyklon. Never...
    Good Idea I can put a bag in the cupboard with the tumble dryer for a couple of days as it has sat in the GH and is probably frozen solid.I have ordered Royal Black, Lemon drop and Cyklon. Never grown any of them before and I and awaiting the seeds arrival. I will set up the propagation area...
    Good Idea I can put a bag in the cupboard with the tumble dryer for a couple of days as it has sat in the GH and is probably frozen solid.I have ordered Royal Black, Lemon drop and Cyklon. Never grown any of them before and I and awaiting the...
    Good Idea I can put a bag in the cupboard with the tumble dryer for a couple of days as it has sat in the GH and is probably frozen solid.I have ordered Royal Black, Lemon drop and Cyklon. Never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. David Cook

Potato Kits

Ok, thank you all, will put them in a room with no heating and should be ok.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. JWK

Vegetable Growing 2021

I've been trying to grow Florence Fennel these last three years without success. I've sown too early (April) and they bolted, I tried sowing much later (mid-May) last year and they still bolted....
    I've been trying to grow Florence Fennel these last three years without success. I've sown too early (April) and they bolted, I tried sowing much later (mid-May) last year and they still bolted. One last try this year and I'll wait till mid-June.
    I've been trying to grow Florence Fennel these last three years without success. I've sown too early (April) and they bolted, I tried sowing much later (mid-May) last year and they still bolted. One last try this year and I'll wait till mid-June.
    I've been trying to grow Florence Fennel these last three years without success. I've sown too early (April) and they bolted, I tried sowing much later (mid-May) last year and they still bolted....
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. JWK

Giant Onions 2021

Kelsae Onion Cultural InstructionsGround Preparation First, prepare your onion bed with plenty of rotted organic matter, dug in during the winter. Also apply lime at this time if necessary. We...
    Kelsae Onion Cultural InstructionsGround Preparation First, prepare your onion bed with plenty of rotted organic matter, dug in during the winter. Also apply lime at this time if necessary. We recommend a pH reading of 6.75 – 7.25. Kelsae Onions prefer a heavier soil which retains moisture, so...
    Kelsae Onion Cultural InstructionsGround Preparation First, prepare your onion bed with plenty of rotted organic matter, dug in during the winter. Also apply lime at this time if necessary. We recommend a pH reading of 6.75 – 7.25. Kelsae...
    Kelsae Onion Cultural InstructionsGround Preparation First, prepare your onion bed with plenty of rotted organic matter, dug in during the winter. Also apply lime at this time if necessary. We...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Appleblossom31

Growing Strawberries

Thanks for advice.. I will take a risk when whethers better in planting in with my dwarffruit trees and Im also going to try plant some in a terracotta planter pyramid Ive created.. Im hoping to...
    Thanks for advice.. I will take a risk when whethers better in planting in with my dwarffruit trees and Im also going to try plant some in a terracotta planter pyramid Ive created.. Im hoping to have different kinds of strawberries so i have some all seasons if at all possible... Hope it does
    Thanks for advice.. I will take a risk when whethers better in planting in with my dwarffruit trees and Im also going to try plant some in a terracotta planter pyramid Ive created.. Im hoping to have different kinds of strawberries so i have some...
    Thanks for advice.. I will take a risk when whethers better in planting in with my dwarffruit trees and Im also going to try plant some in a terracotta planter pyramid Ive created.. Im hoping to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Gary O'Neill

What are you Planning for 2021?

I could not see where to post so I have replied to you as its on the subject..Hope you do not mind..:love30: Hour ahead here so around 7.45am. I have made plans to make the garden a little easier to keep...
    I could not see where to post so I have replied to you as its on the subject..Hope you do not mind..:love30: Hour ahead here so around 7.45am. I have made plans to make the garden a little easier to keep it's and acre which was 100% farm land so the grass is tough but no as tough as the...wild flowers...
    I could not see where to post so I have replied to you as its on the subject..Hope you do not mind..:love30: Hour ahead here so around 7.45am. I have made plans to make the garden a little easier to keep it's and acre which was 100% farm land so the...
    I could not see where to post so I have replied to you as its on the subject..Hope you do not mind..:love30: Hour ahead here so around 7.45am. I have made plans to make the garden a little easier to keep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Moray

Blueberry flowering in November

It all depends on how many flowers there are, if it's just a few I'd leave them.
    It all depends on how many flowers there are, if it's just a few I'd leave them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. JWK

The Tatties Thread 2020

One had a hole (slug maybe) which needed boring out otherwise completely solid.Sorry I just planted any old how, so I don't know which part of the sliced up seed tuber produced it. I dug up half...
    One had a hole (slug maybe) which needed boring out otherwise completely solid.Sorry I just planted any old how, so I don't know which part of the sliced up seed tuber produced it. I dug up half a dozen roots to see us through Christmas and they were a bit variable, some had fewer tubers than...
    One had a hole (slug maybe) which needed boring out otherwise completely solid.Sorry I just planted any old how, so I don't know which part of the sliced up seed tuber produced it. I dug up half a dozen roots to see us through Christmas and...
    One had a hole (slug maybe) which needed boring out otherwise completely solid.Sorry I just planted any old how, so I don't know which part of the sliced up seed tuber produced it. I dug up half...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. ricky101

Spinnach and Compost

I grow a lot of Spinach, the quick growing annual type. I don't do anything special to the soil, no compost or fertiliser. I grow it in succession as after a few weeks it runs to seed. As for...
    I grow a lot of Spinach, the quick growing annual type. I don't do anything special to the soil, no compost or fertiliser. I grow it in succession as after a few weeks it runs to seed. As for varieties I have success with Amazon, although others do ok too.I do the same thing with Rocket and...
    I grow a lot of Spinach, the quick growing annual type. I don't do anything special to the soil, no compost or fertiliser. I grow it in succession as after a few weeks it runs to seed. As for varieties I have success with Amazon, although others...
    I grow a lot of Spinach, the quick growing annual type. I don't do anything special to the soil, no compost or fertiliser. I grow it in succession as after a few weeks it runs to seed. As for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Vince

Got My Kelsae seeds today

They need to be spaced out to grow really big, like this grower does
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. fumanchu

Blackberry

I'm very grateful for all input and advice, I can think over winter what to do. :biggrin::dbgrtmb:
    I'm very grateful for all input and advice, I can think over winter what to do. :biggrin::dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Paul waterhouse

Asparagus second year

I grew the variety Ariane from seed in 2015, they were big enough to transplant in their final position the following spring. I didn't pick much for another 2 years to let them build up. This...
    I grew the variety Ariane from seed in 2015, they were big enough to transplant in their final position the following spring. I didn't pick much for another 2 years to let them build up. This spring I got a decent harvest from them, took 5 years but worth the wait.
    I grew the variety Ariane from seed in 2015, they were big enough to transplant in their final position the following spring. I didn't pick much for another 2 years to let them build up. This spring I got a decent harvest from them, took 5 years...
    I grew the variety Ariane from seed in 2015, they were big enough to transplant in their final position the following spring. I didn't pick much for another 2 years to let them build up. This...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice