1. Forum News
    VOTING IS NOW OPEN FOR THE SEPTEMBER MONTHLY COMP ( last one for a while) and ALSO THE 30 DAY COMP.., Photo Competitions Are Changing!
    Please Support The Road Verge Campaign!
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Loki
    Like x 5

Chillies 2019

We've now sold most of our chilli plants and the charity is happy. :)We delivered the Naga orders for the local restaurants but they didn't want as many as usual as some of our plants from last...
    We've now sold most of our chilli plants and the charity is happy. :)We delivered the Naga orders for the local restaurants but they didn't want as many as usual as some of our plants from last year are still growing :rolleyespink:. So I dropped some into the Asian wholesalers last week, all the proceeds of...
    We've now sold most of our chilli plants and the charity is happy. :)We delivered the Naga orders for the local restaurants but they didn't want as many as usual as some of our plants from last year are still growing :rolleyespink:. So I dropped some into the...
    We've now sold most of our chilli plants and the charity is happy. :)We delivered the Naga orders for the local restaurants but they didn't want as many as usual as some of our plants from last...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. shiney
    Locked Sticky

How To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits

This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to an Apple Day at our local orchard and got our...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Steve R
    Like x 4

Vegetable Growing 2019

Mao Gua harvested earlier today.The biggest one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JWK
    Like x 7

The Tomato Growing Thread 2019

Did my last pick this morning. 12kg of Terenzo's and 10kg of Sweet peppers. Cold nights expected this week so will be left with about 2kg of green toms.So the kilner jars are filling fast with...
    Did my last pick this morning. 12kg of Terenzo's and 10kg of Sweet peppers. Cold nights expected this week so will be left with about 2kg of green toms.So the kilner jars are filling fast with tomato chutney and tomato and sweet pepper chutneys.:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:
    Did my last pick this morning. 12kg of Terenzo's and 10kg of Sweet peppers. Cold nights expected this week so will be left with about 2kg of green toms.So the kilner jars are filling fast with tomato chutney and tomato and sweet pepper chutneys.:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:
    Did my last pick this morning. 12kg of Terenzo's and 10kg of Sweet peppers. Cold nights expected this week so will be left with about 2kg of green toms.So the kilner jars are filling fast with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK
    Like x 6

Tomato Grafting

Looking very good especially for an outdoor crop.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Phil A
    Like x 3

Giant Onions 2019

Steve...:yay:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Marley Farley

GARDENERS DELIGHT TOMATO SEED GERMINATION AND GROWING 2019

My 2 gardeners delight that i planted in the greenhouse are doing well @JWK :)
    20190217_151334.jpg tomato.jpg IMG_20190401_201227.jpg IMG_20190706_211028.jpg IMG_20190706_210909.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Steve R
    Like x 14

Sowing seeds too early.

Very useful information Steve :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

Might be best to post this on the 2016 Pumpkin Growing thread @Snowbaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  11.   » Normal Threads
  12. Sienna's Blossom

Will my tomatoes ripen?

Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on...
    Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on the bush, the rest ripened on a sunny window-ledge or under the settee in the living-room in the...
    Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on the bush, the rest ripened on a sunny window-ledge...
    Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. charliew50

Next steps advice for clearing nettles and turning into veg bed

Cheers. Might hoe it all off this weekend then cover with some weed matting until February.
    Cheers. Might hoe it all off this weekend then cover with some weed matting until February.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. crocus

green bell peppers

thankyou
    thankyou
    thankyou
    thankyou
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fat Controller

Semi-ornamental edibles...

Don't be harsh on yourself, it is easy done. Just about to head to work, so will look later on - thank you :)
    Don't be harsh on yourself, it is easy done. Just about to head to work, so will look later on - thank you :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Paul Blackburn

Raspberry Question

I have Autumn Bliss and cut them down to the ground each winter as others have said.Rather than buy more plants I pull out suckers and replant elsewhere. But could be good to try another...
    I have Autumn Bliss and cut them down to the ground each winter as others have said.Rather than buy more plants I pull out suckers and replant elsewhere. But could be good to try another variety too ☺️
    I have Autumn Bliss and cut them down to the ground each winter as others have said.Rather than buy more plants I pull out suckers and replant elsewhere. But could be good to try another variety too ☺️
    I have Autumn Bliss and cut them down to the ground each winter as others have said.Rather than buy more plants I pull out suckers and replant elsewhere. But could be good to try another...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Paul Blackburn

Potatoe Problem

Been there. Done that. Often so soul destroying, having prepared the ground, planted, contended with bugs etc attacking the top growth. The come the time to harvest. Her the scene changes. ...
    Been there. Done that. Often so soul destroying, having prepared the ground, planted, contended with bugs etc attacking the top growth. The come the time to harvest. Her the scene changes. Much is the result of the seasonal weather. Row upon row of moth ball sized tubers, then agood season,...
    Been there. Done that. Often so soul destroying, having prepared the ground, planted, contended with bugs etc attacking the top growth. The come the time to harvest. Her the scene changes. Much is the result of the seasonal weather. Row upon...
    Been there. Done that. Often so soul destroying, having prepared the ground, planted, contended with bugs etc attacking the top growth. The come the time to harvest. Her the scene changes. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. RobB

Cauliflowers sizes

@mazambo I didn't come across that one and it looks to be right so I'll get some seeds. Thank you.
    @mazambo I didn't come across that one and it looks to be right so I'll get some seeds. Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. RoryG

Bad Beans

Thanks Pete, good information, I'll try some white ones.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. RobB

Marrows and courgettes

A tiddler from a 'giant marrow' plant that wasn't given much preparation/attention as it was being grown to produce marrows for eating, and has a couple of marrows left on it.At 24lbs it's still...
    A tiddler from a 'giant marrow' plant that wasn't given much preparation/attention as it was being grown to produce marrows for eating, and has a couple of marrows left on it.At 24lbs it's still soft skinned and juicy, whereas tradditional marrows would be much drier, tough and have skins as...
    A tiddler from a 'giant marrow' plant that wasn't given much preparation/attention as it was being grown to produce marrows for eating, and has a couple of marrows left on it.At 24lbs it's still soft skinned and juicy, whereas tradditional...
    A tiddler from a 'giant marrow' plant that wasn't given much preparation/attention as it was being grown to produce marrows for eating, and has a couple of marrows left on it.At 24lbs it's still...
    P1400043.JPG P1110109.JPG marrow 18.08.2016.jpg marrow biggest 2015.jpg marrow3Aon20.08.16.jpg marrows 13.05.2017.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Eden1

Am I late to sow runner beans?

The first lots of plants have gone yellow with only few nice beans but now lots of seed :) The young plants should do well even if it's just a few for meals now on, freezer is full for the winter:)
    The first lots of plants have gone yellow with only few nice beans but now lots of seed :) The young plants should do well even if it's just a few for meals now on, freezer is full for the winter:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Adendoll

Anyone had any success with an almond tree in north west

Dont quite understand that statement DR.:scratch: Grafted trees are more likely to come up with the goods and I'm guessing if you bought an almond tree at any nursery it will probably be grafted.
    Dont quite understand that statement DR.:scratch: Grafted trees are more likely to come up with the goods and I'm guessing if you bought an almond tree at any nursery it will probably be grafted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Eden1

Will I get a Carrot Harvest this year.

Thanks. Ah well you live and learn!
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. karaman

Hazelnut - when and how to prune?

hallo,have found similar threads but none tell me how and when to prune a hazelnut? Last year i did not prune at all thinking the nuts will come at the end of new shoots -- very few did. They...
    hallo,have found similar threads but none tell me how and when to prune a hazelnut? Last year i did not prune at all thinking the nuts will come at the end of new shoots -- very few did. They are now getting to be rather large bushes with several leaders. I have not fed them and still they...
    hallo,have found similar threads but none tell me how and when to prune a hazelnut? Last year i did not prune at all thinking the nuts will come at the end of new shoots -- very few did. They are now getting to be rather large bushes with...
    hallo,have found similar threads but none tell me how and when to prune a hazelnut? Last year i did not prune at all thinking the nuts will come at the end of new shoots -- very few did. They...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Kate1616

Raspberry problems

I get very confused by raspberries! Mine have been fruiting for about a month now - it seems they overlap summer and autumn........so when should they be pruned??
    I get very confused by raspberries! Mine have been fruiting for about a month now - it seems they overlap summer and autumn........so when should they be pruned??
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Nikolaos

Are dandelion roots tasty?

Interesting, didn't know birds liked them too! I have quite a few geraniums but G. 'Johnson's Blue' is by far the most popular with bees here, another early flowerer but slightly later than the...
    Interesting, didn't know birds liked them too! I have quite a few geraniums but G. 'Johnson's Blue' is by far the most popular with bees here, another early flowerer but slightly later than the phaeum. Perovskia did well too, despite being a very young plant, until the Sedum spectabile flowered....
    Interesting, didn't know birds liked them too! I have quite a few geraniums but G. 'Johnson's Blue' is by far the most popular with bees here, another early flowerer but slightly later than the phaeum. Perovskia did well too, despite being a very...
    Interesting, didn't know birds liked them too! I have quite a few geraniums but G. 'Johnson's Blue' is by far the most popular with bees here, another early flowerer but slightly later than the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Parrot

Mushroom growing

Thank you Caroline - I'll have a look at that and see if I can put my cellar to use !Thank you too John - your apology obviously worked:)
    Thank you Caroline - I'll have a look at that and see if I can put my cellar to use !Thank you too John - your apology obviously worked:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. CanadianLori

Mushrooms - edible or not?

All mushrooms are edible...............some only once!!!!:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. ridgiemum

Boston squash

I'm glad it was helpful to you @ridgiemum
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. JJ28

Ready or not

Thank you....no juice yet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Aidan mc

strawberry runners

Hi,Well we bought this offer a couple of years ago and were well pleased. Strawberry | 5 Elsanta & 5 Free Florence RunnersAs you can see they do not dispatch until October, though that can be...
    Hi,Well we bought this offer a couple of years ago and were well pleased. Strawberry | 5 Elsanta & 5 Free Florence RunnersAs you can see they do not dispatch until October, though that can be delayed depending on the weather. eg a long hot autumn.As for ordering them now, we wouldn't, as...
    Hi,Well we bought this offer a couple of years ago and were well pleased. Strawberry | 5 Elsanta & 5 Free Florence RunnersAs you can see they do not dispatch until October, though that can be delayed depending on the weather. eg a long hot...
    Hi,Well we bought this offer a couple of years ago and were well pleased. Strawberry | 5 Elsanta & 5 Free Florence RunnersAs you can see they do not dispatch until October, though that can be...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice