1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

THE TOMATO GROWING THREAD 2018

Translates as Firefly :yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ARMANDII

THE TATTIES THREAD 2018

They say that animal owners resemble their pets so the same must go for vegetable growers?
    They say that animal owners resemble their pets so the same must go for vegetable growers?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII

THE VEGETABLE GROWING THREAD 2018

Oh i see, :hate-shocked::whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ARMANDII

THE CHILLIES THREAD 2018

I love Apache and Cayenne but I don't like the perfumed taste of the Capsicum chinense family. My favourite is the Bird's Eye which I'm growing this year.
    I love Apache and Cayenne but I don't like the perfumed taste of the Capsicum chinense family. My favourite is the Bird's Eye which I'm growing this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII

TALLEST SUNFLOWER AND LARGEST SUNFLOWER HEAD 2018

Complaining mate :scratch:...they'd got a free ray of sun of the flower head :whistle:
    Complaining mate :scratch:...they'd got a free ray of sun of the flower head :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. misterQ
    Like x 6

The Spud In A Bucket Growing Competition 2018

@Scrungee you've got them on the trot mate already :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Zigs
    Like x 3

Giant Onions 2018

Just planted mine out :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ARMANDII

THE TOMATO SEED SWAP THREAD 2018

Can anybody recommend a good tasty heavy cropper?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII

PUMPKIN GROWING THREAD 2018

Thanks again Steve. I noticed the seeds edges are rather raised and hard so will do that and stay away from pointy endThat website is pretty interesting it's like an Ancestry for pumpkins!
    Thanks again Steve. I noticed the seeds edges are rather raised and hard so will do that and stay away from pointy endThat website is pretty interesting it's like an Ancestry for pumpkins!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Steve R
    Like x 11

Sowing seeds too early.

We do it every year don't we! Too eager to begin the process and end up with weak, leggy seedlings :blue thumb:
    We do it every year don't we! Too eager to begin the process and end up with weak, leggy seedlings :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JWK
    Like x 5

Tomato Grafting

Good result there misterQ
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

Might be best to post this on the 2016 Pumpkin Growing thread @Snowbaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  14.   » Normal Threads
  15. ricky101

Celeriac , worth growing in North of England ?

Sow in a pot, transplant to modules then plant out later, I've tried direct sown and it does not work for me.Sorry for late reply, I have been away.Steve...:)
    Sow in a pot, transplant to modules then plant out later, I've tried direct sown and it does not work for me.Sorry for late reply, I have been away.Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. JWK
    Like x 7

Gardener's Delight Tomato Seed Germination and Growing Thread

Here is the reply I got:The above reply was very fast, I have pestered them again but with no further responses.
    Here is the reply I got:The above reply was very fast, I have pestered them again but with no further responses.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Notty1975

French climbing bean failure

I do my beans the same way as I do sweet peas.3/4 fill root trainer with compost, soak well then top off with dry compost, plant seed into dry compost then do not water until you have...
    I do my beans the same way as I do sweet peas.3/4 fill root trainer with compost, soak well then top off with dry compost, plant seed into dry compost then do not water until you have germination. Capillary action draws water into the dry compost to soak gently then germinate the seed. Cover...
    I do my beans the same way as I do sweet peas.3/4 fill root trainer with compost, soak well then top off with dry compost, plant seed into dry compost then do not water until you have germination. Capillary action draws water into the dry...
    I do my beans the same way as I do sweet peas.3/4 fill root trainer with compost, soak well then top off with dry compost, plant seed into dry compost then do not water until you have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jimb0b

Damson or plum

As the plum is a subspecies of the damson, you would be able to tell what it is when it produces fruit.Damsons are rounded-oval and have a fruit-cheek. Plums are oblong and smaller than damsons....
    As the plum is a subspecies of the damson, you would be able to tell what it is when it produces fruit.Damsons are rounded-oval and have a fruit-cheek. Plums are oblong and smaller than damsons. They don’t ripen after picking in contrast to the damson.
    As the plum is a subspecies of the damson, you would be able to tell what it is when it produces fruit.Damsons are rounded-oval and have a fruit-cheek. Plums are oblong and smaller than damsons. They don’t ripen after picking in contrast to the...
    As the plum is a subspecies of the damson, you would be able to tell what it is when it produces fruit.Damsons are rounded-oval and have a fruit-cheek. Plums are oblong and smaller than damsons....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paul Blackburn

Do I prune Blueberries

I would wait until fruiting is over....prob August time. Keep well watered but the weather will still be warm and the new root growth made then will help establish the plants for next spring:)
    I would wait until fruiting is over....prob August time. Keep well watered but the weather will still be warm and the new root growth made then will help establish the plants for next spring:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. kazzawazza

Giant Strawberries

@Logan I got the seed from Ebay so it may not even grow :heehee:. There are no instructions either :scratch:
    @Logan I got the seed from Ebay so it may not even grow :heehee:. There are no instructions either :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Jimb0b

Asparagus companion

@Jimb0b I am going to try courgettes in with my asparagus this year..
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Notty1975

Are my brassicas to leggy

Thanks both that’s brilliant
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Paul Blackburn

Planting Brassica Seeds

I get better results for Cauli by using a propagator, all other brassicas do ok in the greenhouse in pots. I sow using 5 inch pots. Seed trays can dry out quicker this time of year if your out for...
    I get better results for Cauli by using a propagator, all other brassicas do ok in the greenhouse in pots. I sow using 5 inch pots. Seed trays can dry out quicker this time of year if your out for the day and it is sunny. Last year I sowed direct into my polytunnel beds, and they did very well...
    I get better results for Cauli by using a propagator, all other brassicas do ok in the greenhouse in pots. I sow using 5 inch pots. Seed trays can dry out quicker this time of year if your out for the day and it is sunny. Last year I sowed direct...
    I get better results for Cauli by using a propagator, all other brassicas do ok in the greenhouse in pots. I sow using 5 inch pots. Seed trays can dry out quicker this time of year if your out for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. nikirushka

How much space?

@nikirushka .Well I now grow a lot go my veg for 2 in my poly tunnel which measures 27' x 15'.. I also have an 8 x 6 greenhouse for tomatoes & chillis.. 4 large raised beds as well as various...
    @nikirushka .Well I now grow a lot go my veg for 2 in my poly tunnel which measures 27' x 15'.. I also have an 8 x 6 greenhouse for tomatoes & chillis.. 4 large raised beds as well as various large pots and containers and every year I run out of space.. :heehee: I though it would be loads of space but...
    @nikirushka .Well I now grow a lot go my veg for 2 in my poly tunnel which measures 27' x 15'.. I also have an 8 x 6 greenhouse for tomatoes & chillis.. 4 large raised beds as well as various large pots and containers and every year I run out of...
    @nikirushka .Well I now grow a lot go my veg for 2 in my poly tunnel which measures 27' x 15'.. I also have an 8 x 6 greenhouse for tomatoes & chillis.. 4 large raised beds as well as various...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. HarryS

Potato Chitting Problems ?

Does anybody put grass cuttings in the bag?
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. silu

Granular fertilizer

Not sure about growmore never really tried keeping that overwinter, personally I wouldn't bother.Other straight fertilizers, ie. sulphate of potash and Ammonium sulphate do attract moisture, as...
    Not sure about growmore never really tried keeping that overwinter, personally I wouldn't bother.Other straight fertilizers, ie. sulphate of potash and Ammonium sulphate do attract moisture, as does the likes of miracle grow etc. so if I have any of those left at the end of the season I...
    Not sure about growmore never really tried keeping that overwinter, personally I wouldn't bother.Other straight fertilizers, ie. sulphate of potash and Ammonium sulphate do attract moisture, as does the likes of miracle grow etc. so if I have...
    Not sure about growmore never really tried keeping that overwinter, personally I wouldn't bother.Other straight fertilizers, ie. sulphate of potash and Ammonium sulphate do attract moisture, as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Notty1975

Help with my tomatoes

No mate, MM= Money Maker ( from the first post )
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Notty1975

Help mold on my onion sets

Was going to put mine in after putting my spuds in but only managed one bed of spuds then the sky opened so went back in the greenhouse and potted up my tomatoes will get the onions in ASAP
    Was going to put mine in after putting my spuds in but only managed one bed of spuds then the sky opened so went back in the greenhouse and potted up my tomatoes will get the onions in ASAP
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Mike77

Peas

I've got Early Onward in 24x size cell tray modules (cut into blocks of 6 cells) germinating in my heated greenhouse. I've got them in heated propagators and they'll come of it as soon as they...
    I've got Early Onward in 24x size cell tray modules (cut into blocks of 6 cells) germinating in my heated greenhouse. I've got them in heated propagators and they'll come of it as soon as they start sprouting (cutting into smaller sections helps with this) then go into a polytunnel.I might end...
    I've got Early Onward in 24x size cell tray modules (cut into blocks of 6 cells) germinating in my heated greenhouse. I've got them in heated propagators and they'll come of it as soon as they start sprouting (cutting into smaller sections helps...
    I've got Early Onward in 24x size cell tray modules (cut into blocks of 6 cells) germinating in my heated greenhouse. I've got them in heated propagators and they'll come of it as soon as they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. pottyplotter

Cauliflowers

As well as cauliflowers other brassicas such as swede benefit from boron, as it is a trace element you don't need a lot of it. I use a sprinkle of borax every other year on the winter brassicas,...
    As well as cauliflowers other brassicas such as swede benefit from boron, as it is a trace element you don't need a lot of it. I use a sprinkle of borax every other year on the winter brassicas, helps to give tight brussels. It can also be found in products like Miracle Gro and Phostrogen. You...
    As well as cauliflowers other brassicas such as swede benefit from boron, as it is a trace element you don't need a lot of it. I use a sprinkle of borax every other year on the winter brassicas, helps to give tight brussels. It can also be found...
    As well as cauliflowers other brassicas such as swede benefit from boron, as it is a trace element you don't need a lot of it. I use a sprinkle of borax every other year on the winter brassicas,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. sue young

butternut squash question

Well, last year we dug two new veg beds. When hubby gets round to helping me bring the big planks up from the bottom of the garden, they will be raised beds. But at the moment they are dug out...
    Well, last year we dug two new veg beds. When hubby gets round to helping me bring the big planks up from the bottom of the garden, they will be raised beds. But at the moment they are dug out about 3 foot, filled with horse manure and home made compost .We love butternut squash; I compost as...
    Well, last year we dug two new veg beds. When hubby gets round to helping me bring the big planks up from the bottom of the garden, they will be raised beds. But at the moment they are dug out about 3 foot, filled with horse manure and home made...
    Well, last year we dug two new veg beds. When hubby gets round to helping me bring the big planks up from the bottom of the garden, they will be raised beds. But at the moment they are dug out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Paul Blackburn

Question about Sweetcorn

@Linz we hung sweetcorn from a middle tree a few years back to stop the squirrels eating the bird food...they love them mate :dbgrtmb:
    @Linz we hung sweetcorn from a middle tree a few years back to stop the squirrels eating the bird food...they love them mate :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. Vince

Bog rolls to the fore.....

Err No Scrugee, keeping the bog roll outer's safe, maybe next year, if Carol turns a blind eye, I'll go for HOT!
    Err No Scrugee, keeping the bog roll outer's safe, maybe next year, if Carol turns a blind eye, I'll go for HOT!
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. Zigs

Which one of you lot...

That's the best route @"M" but it comes to something don't you think
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options