1. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE 2 MINUTE SILENCE
    IN MEMORY OF ARMANDII

Armandii's chosen charity was Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA) - donations in his memory are welcomed, paid directly to the charity. Please ask a member of Admin for further information.

Dismiss Notice
We have a very sad announcement to make - please see the thread in the link below:

Please Click Here

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. JWK
    Like x 3

Tomato Growing Thread 2021

Thanks JWK. I Feel a lot easier now. And I will do as pete says (thanks Pete) and keep them 0n the dry side until the roots recover.
    Thanks JWK. I Feel a lot easier now. And I will do as pete says (thanks Pete) and keep them 0n the dry side until the roots recover.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK
    Like x 6

Tomato Grafting

Yes, it is worth the effort and I had a lot of fun doing it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JWK

Potato growing 2021

Just looked at them, they seem fine, not a brown leaf in sight.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JWK
    Like x 4

Chillies 2021

Thanks @CanadianLori - that is really helpful -- that is exactly what I was confused about ( ie I can understand that there will be some nuance to pot size based on how much you want to feed/water...
    Thanks @CanadianLori - that is really helpful -- that is exactly what I was confused about ( ie I can understand that there will be some nuance to pot size based on how much you want to feed/water and your climate , but the advice is massively variable even on the same variety. Perhaps the...
    Thanks @CanadianLori - that is really helpful -- that is exactly what I was confused about ( ie I can understand that there will be some nuance to pot size based on how much you want to feed/water and your climate , but the advice is massively...
    Thanks @CanadianLori - that is really helpful -- that is exactly what I was confused about ( ie I can understand that there will be some nuance to pot size based on how much you want to feed/water...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

Might be best to post this on the 2016 Pumpkin Growing thread @Snowbaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Steve R
    Like x 14

Sowing seeds too early.

Unless you're bringing on hundreds of early plants it may not worth the expense of heated propagators, growlights, greenhouse heater, fuel, etc., just to get plants a few weeks ahead, when as...
    Unless you're bringing on hundreds of early plants it may not worth the expense of heated propagators, growlights, greenhouse heater, fuel, etc., just to get plants a few weeks ahead, when as Nigel mentions above, it could actually cause a problem if the weather's like it has been this year.
    Unless you're bringing on hundreds of early plants it may not worth the expense of heated propagators, growlights, greenhouse heater, fuel, etc., just to get plants a few weeks ahead, when as Nigel mentions above, it could actually cause a...
    Unless you're bringing on hundreds of early plants it may not worth the expense of heated propagators, growlights, greenhouse heater, fuel, etc., just to get plants a few weeks ahead, when as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JWK

Vegetable Growing 2021

I have bronze fennel in the garden and it self seeds all over the place every year! Great as an ornamental and great to flavour stews and use like dill for fish. I never have success with dill -...
    I have bronze fennel in the garden and it self seeds all over the place every year! Great as an ornamental and great to flavour stews and use like dill for fish. I never have success with dill - it always bolts before I get to use it so fennel works great as a substitute for me.
    I have bronze fennel in the garden and it self seeds all over the place every year! Great as an ornamental and great to flavour stews and use like dill for fish. I never have success with dill - it always bolts before I get to use it so fennel...
    I have bronze fennel in the garden and it self seeds all over the place every year! Great as an ornamental and great to flavour stews and use like dill for fish. I never have success with dill -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK

Giant Onions 2021

That could be a problem pete with such an early start, I am carefully hardening them off for a couple of weeks to minimise any shock.Bringing them back indoors like last night, it was only 3C.
    That could be a problem pete with such an early start, I am carefully hardening them off for a couple of weeks to minimise any shock.Bringing them back indoors like last night, it was only 3C.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII

GARDENERS DELIGHT SEED AND GERMINATION AND GROWING 2020

Sown Gardener's Delight 2005 & 2012 today :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. shiney
    Locked Sticky

How To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits

This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to an Apple Day at our local orchard and got our...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12.   » Normal Threads
  13. JWK
    Like x 15

2013 Tomato Growing

It was the end of 2013's tomatoes couple of days ago. Two 3L slow cooker loads were turned into pasta sauce, leaving these for composting (after some have been picked out for the hens).
    It was the end of 2013's tomatoes couple of days ago. Two 3L slow cooker loads were turned into pasta sauce, leaving these for composting (after some have been picked out for the hens).
    toms dec sown.jpg toms dec sown jan6.jpg toms jan 2013.jpg toms dec sown jan24.jpg toms dec sown jan26.jpg toms 3feb2012.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Freddy
    Like x 3

2013 Onion Growing Challenge

The last part of the text in the above message is linked..and I don't like the look of it..please DONT click it. Steve...:)
    The last part of the text in the above message is linked..and I don't like the look of it..please DONT click it. Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. JWK
    Like x 4

Tomato Growing Thread 2012

Brilliant, I never thought of Nickeys as I've not used before. The ones from the states worked out far to expensive if they would even posted them. Thanks again
    Brilliant, I never thought of Nickeys as I've not used before. The ones from the states worked out far to expensive if they would even posted them. Thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ARMANDII
    Like x 4

THE TOMATO GROWING THREAD 2018

You are indeed a devotee @sandymac and we are both looking forward to the yield [email protected] s Gardeners Delight, Jenny
    You are indeed a devotee @sandymac and we are both looking forward to the yield [email protected] s Gardeners Delight, Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JWK
    Like x 4

2015 Tomato Growing

The 2016 Discussion is here
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JWK
    Like x 6

2014 Tomato Growing

No, but once you've got lights and propagators it's worth stuffing whatever you can think of under them that might work and help pay the costs.
    No, but once you've got lights and propagators it's worth stuffing whatever you can think of under them that might work and help pay the costs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Phil A
    Like x 6

Processing the Harvest

He's just a bit eccentric! :whistle: :heehee: But he makes interesting reading. :blue thumb: He just gets a bit contentious at times - which is not what GC is about. :)
    He's just a bit eccentric! :whistle: :heehee: But he makes interesting reading. :blue thumb: He just gets a bit contentious at times - which is not what GC is about. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. wiseowl
    Like x 4

2017 Tomato Growing

Must have dropped off when I brought that plant in during the frost, found em under chittin chicken.I'll ave em in me sandwich tomorrow :)
    Must have dropped off when I brought that plant in during the frost, found em under chittin chicken.I'll ave em in me sandwich tomorrow :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. JWK
    Like x 4

2016 Tomato Growing

Hold on a minute, is this the last tomato to ripen from 2016? :)Didn't think it would as it was very green when I picked it, but it got lost in me bed for a few weeks after rolling off the...
    Hold on a minute, is this the last tomato to ripen from 2016? :)Didn't think it would as it was very green when I picked it, but it got lost in me bed for a few weeks after rolling off the windowcill :phew:
    Hold on a minute, is this the last tomato to ripen from 2016? :)Didn't think it would as it was very green when I picked it, but it got lost in me bed for a few weeks after rolling off the windowcill :phew:
    Hold on a minute, is this the last tomato to ripen from 2016? :)Didn't think it would as it was very green when I picked it, but it got lost in me bed for a few weeks after rolling off the...
    Ailsa craig.JPG Beefmaster.JPG Screenshot_2016-01-09-01-42-49.png image.jpeg DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Steve R
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Loki
    Like x 5

Chillies 2019

That's ok,anytime have a good Sunday. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Phil A

Walking with Cabbages.... Challenge..!!

I was thinking fo the Tomato seedlings - oncve the whitefly have swapped from the Walking Stick to the Toms !
    I was thinking fo the Tomato seedlings - oncve the whitefly have swapped from the Walking Stick to the Toms !
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Freddy
    Like x 4

2013 Growing Season

Sorry to hear that John :ouch1:Still got my last Kelsae in the kitchen, saving it for Loli :)
    Sorry to hear that John :ouch1:Still got my last Kelsae in the kitchen, saving it for Loli :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Steve R
    Like x 7

2014 The GC Pumpkin growing and carving challenge

Nice one Nathan
    Nice one Nathan
    Nice one Nathan
    Nice one Nathan
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. ARMANDII

TOMATO GROWING THREAD 2020

Have compiled a list based on the taste thread, so thanks for the tip.Sungold seems very popular so that will be one to aim for.:tomato:
    Have compiled a list based on the taste thread, so thanks for the tip.Sungold seems very popular so that will be one to aim for.:tomato:
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Steve R

Pumpkin Growing Challenge !!

Yes, the little ones said mine looked like Garfield and not the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland like it was supposed to be :)
    Yes, the little ones said mine looked like Garfield and not the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland like it was supposed to be :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. ARMANDII

2017 GROWING THREAD

Last parsnip left in the garden and a few sprouts too, roll on next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. colne

International edible gardening

How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s...
    How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s kinds of brassicas are sprouted - I am starting them in trays and I worry I am too early.
    How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s kinds of brassicas are sprouted - I am starting them...
    How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. ARMANDII

THE CHILLIES THREAD 2018

I've done nothing at all with them this year, my whole crop is in the freezer .... Apart from the care packages I have sent out to people.Thanks
    I've done nothing at all with them this year, my whole crop is in the freezer .... Apart from the care packages I have sent out to people.Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Steve R
    Like x 5

Pumpkin Growing Challenge 2012

Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible...
    Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible giant grapes growing on the branches.
    Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible giant grapes growing on the branches.
    Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice