Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Salmon1

Raspberry Advice Wanted

I haven't come across this problem before but it does favour the Spur blight sadly .
    I haven't come across this problem before but it does favour the Spur blight sadly .
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jerzy Dabrowski

Salad leaves running to seed

I believe it depends on the lettuce variety either. Some packages have the data if the variety is resistant to bolting, or if it can be successfully grown in summer.
    I believe it depends on the lettuce variety either. Some packages have the data if the variety is resistant to bolting, or if it can be successfully grown in summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jerzy Dabrowski

Rosemary cuttings

The sooner the better.
    The sooner the better.
    The sooner the better.
    The sooner the better.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Steve Elliott

Bent over onions.

Sometimes they grow new vertical leaves after they get knocked down. It's still early so they should do. But I don't think that the fflattened ones will come back up in the way they were before.
    Sometimes they grow new vertical leaves after they get knocked down. It's still early so they should do. But I don't think that the fflattened ones will come back up in the way they were before.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bumbalore

What is happening to my cucumber plants??

No don't use sodium bicarbonate that is different. Going by those close up it looks like something is eating them.If the top growth looks good then go ahead and cut off the lower ones.
    No don't use sodium bicarbonate that is different. Going by those close up it looks like something is eating them.If the top growth looks good then go ahead and cut off the lower ones.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Bumbalore

Runner beans leaves going yellow.... Help!

I always dig it in during the Autumn. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Darth Weeder

Yellowing leaves on Cucumbers

Damaged or diseased leaves. Remove them. What living portions remain, simply drain the plant of nutrients.
    Damaged or diseased leaves. Remove them. What living portions remain, simply drain the plant of nutrients.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. jumanji

Strawberries

There won't be any runners just yet, mine are still to turn red then they should produce runners. I've had them root in the lawn and repotted them.
    There won't be any runners just yet, mine are still to turn red then they should produce runners. I've had them root in the lawn and repotted them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. jumanji

Garlic

I must admit that in my previous garden, I only harvested when I needed them! So they sat in the ground, and kept spreading such that I had quite a colony.
    I must admit that in my previous garden, I only harvested when I needed them! So they sat in the ground, and kept spreading such that I had quite a colony.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Neil Lane

Help with pumpkin plants

The soil around them looks very dry. I'd give the whole area a good watering to see if that helps.
    The soil around them looks very dry. I'd give the whole area a good watering to see if that helps.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snowbaby

Butternut squash plants

yes same for courgettes they need to go out side they always produce male flowers first so they are hungry plants so buy a liguid plant food and feed every week
    yes same for courgettes they need to go out side they always produce male flowers first so they are hungry plants so buy a liguid plant food and feed every week
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. GYO newbie

Have they bolted? Are they ruined?

Italian mustard leaves.
    Italian mustard leaves.
    Italian mustard leaves.
    Italian mustard leaves.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Ruth82

Peas ok ?

Just trying to upload photos for a different forum poorly house
    IMG_20200424_115436.jpg IMG_20200424_115432.jpg IMG_20200603_192025.jpg IMG_20200603_192052.jpg IMG_20200603_192250.jpg IMG_20200603_192301.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Arlandria

Raspberries

Thanks Mike! This is a bush variety so I shouldn't need to worry about cordons, which was the appeal.
    Thanks Mike! This is a bush variety so I shouldn't need to worry about cordons, which was the appeal.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Webmaster

Aubergine / Egg Plants .... Do you have much success ?

Thank you. I've solved the mystery - I need to get my seedlings labelled correctly next year. I found another plant in the greenhouse also labelled Aubergine: ...which looks entirely different...
    Thank you. I've solved the mystery - I need to get my seedlings labelled correctly next year. I found another plant in the greenhouse also labelled Aubergine: ...which looks entirely different from what I now believe to be "bolted" spinach! Oops.:heehee:
    Thank you. I've solved the mystery - I need to get my seedlings labelled correctly next year. I found another plant in the greenhouse also labelled Aubergine: ...which looks entirely different from what I now believe to be "bolted" spinach! Oops.:heehee:
    Thank you. I've solved the mystery - I need to get my seedlings labelled correctly next year. I found another plant in the greenhouse also labelled Aubergine: ...which looks entirely different...
    eggpalant.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Ystalyfera

F1 Broccoli Bellaverde plugs

Thanks woolyback, much appreciated
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Paul Blackburn

Question about cucumbers

One plant can pollinate another, the male and female flowers dont have to be on the same plant.
    One plant can pollinate another, the male and female flowers dont have to be on the same plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Shaun Rimmer

Any Strawberry experts or knowledgeable enthusiast help me get up to speed?..

nope, nothing at all. Decided to pull everything out in the autumn and buy another varieties somewhere else.
    nope, nothing at all. Decided to pull everything out in the autumn and buy another varieties somewhere else.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. jls

alderman pea plants

Alderman are an old fashioned variety that don't start to flower until quite tall. They have good flavour and crop over several weeks. In dry weather they appreciate plenty of water, a good soak...
    Alderman are an old fashioned variety that don't start to flower until quite tall. They have good flavour and crop over several weeks. In dry weather they appreciate plenty of water, a good soak once or twice a week rather than a sprinkle every day.
    Alderman are an old fashioned variety that don't start to flower until quite tall. They have good flavour and crop over several weeks. In dry weather they appreciate plenty of water, a good soak once or twice a week rather than a sprinkle every day.
    Alderman are an old fashioned variety that don't start to flower until quite tall. They have good flavour and crop over several weeks. In dry weather they appreciate plenty of water, a good soak...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paul waterhouse

Coming along nicely

I had the beans in modules in the polytunnel, so can't say it was the wind for mine. Like you, I think direct sowing is the way to go - In fact, I may even try them direct this weekend.It's...
    I had the beans in modules in the polytunnel, so can't say it was the wind for mine. Like you, I think direct sowing is the way to go - In fact, I may even try them direct this weekend.It's amazing how fast topsoil seems to disappear, and you always end up needing more that you think. :)
    I had the beans in modules in the polytunnel, so can't say it was the wind for mine. Like you, I think direct sowing is the way to go - In fact, I may even try them direct this weekend.It's amazing how fast topsoil seems to disappear, and you...
    I had the beans in modules in the polytunnel, so can't say it was the wind for mine. Like you, I think direct sowing is the way to go - In fact, I may even try them direct this weekend.It's...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice