Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Vince

Carrot root fly

Thanks David, I've invested heavily into carrot production because the whole family love them raw or cooked
    Thanks David, I've invested heavily into carrot production because the whole family love them raw or cooked
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Veggie Patch

Pinching - Tomato

Read the original post Vince. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. cattwoman25

chilli & peppers growing help

T'other half is a Habanera freak ... Jalapenos are his mild things with Cayenne on everything from scrambled eggs to God only knows what.Strongy, you cannot afford to lose 2 pints in...
    T'other half is a Habanera freak ... Jalapenos are his mild things with Cayenne on everything from scrambled eggs to God only knows what.Strongy, you cannot afford to lose 2 pints in perspiration ... on the other hand, I am working on it working up for the "big one". :D
    T'other half is a Habanera freak ... Jalapenos are his mild things with Cayenne on everything from scrambled eggs to God only knows what.Strongy, you cannot afford to lose 2 pints in perspiration ... on the other hand, I am working on it...
    T'other half is a Habanera freak ... Jalapenos are his mild things with Cayenne on everything from scrambled eggs to God only knows what.Strongy, you cannot afford to lose 2 pints in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JohnnyMac

Peppers

Thanks - perhaps it was too rich?J
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Scotkat

One of my Blueberry bushes

No Cajary. They benefit from cross pollination. Believe it or not there are a few insects about on calmer days. This link may help a little:Blueberries.
    No Cajary. They benefit from cross pollination. Believe it or not there are a few insects about on calmer days. This link may help a little:Blueberries.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. David G

Chillies

thanks shiney this is my first year
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. lazy-gardener

potatoe question again!!

Used to be undecided but now you're not so sure eh!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. golfer

potatoes

Maincrop potatoes are your best chance of blight resistance. As stated heat and humidity are the ideal breeding ground for blight. Blight can also attack your crop once you have cut the shaws off...
    Maincrop potatoes are your best chance of blight resistance. As stated heat and humidity are the ideal breeding ground for blight. Blight can also attack your crop once you have cut the shaws off so treat with a fungicide after you shaw them.
    Maincrop potatoes are your best chance of blight resistance. As stated heat and humidity are the ideal breeding ground for blight. Blight can also attack your crop once you have cut the shaws off so treat with a fungicide after you shaw them.
    Maincrop potatoes are your best chance of blight resistance. As stated heat and humidity are the ideal breeding ground for blight. Blight can also attack your crop once you have cut the shaws off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lazy-gardener

squash outside?

Oh, I forgot - Pak choi grew well, and overwintered successfully in the ground, surviving the nasty cold spell early this year. I ate the last one in early `Feb!Unfortunately, slugs like them *a...
    Oh, I forgot - Pak choi grew well, and overwintered successfully in the ground, surviving the nasty cold spell early this year. I ate the last one in early `Feb!Unfortunately, slugs like them *a lot* though......cheers Dave
    Oh, I forgot - Pak choi grew well, and overwintered successfully in the ground, surviving the nasty cold spell early this year. I ate the last one in early `Feb!Unfortunately, slugs like them *a lot* though......cheers Dave
    Oh, I forgot - Pak choi grew well, and overwintered successfully in the ground, surviving the nasty cold spell early this year. I ate the last one in early `Feb!Unfortunately, slugs like them *a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jack by the hedge

Basket tomatoes

Thanks for these replies. I am going to try gartenperle and also tumbling tom varieties. I was just a little concerned that some container plants might be poisonous and, possibly, unsuitable to...
    Thanks for these replies. I am going to try gartenperle and also tumbling tom varieties. I was just a little concerned that some container plants might be poisonous and, possibly, unsuitable to grow in the same basket where roots mingle closely with an edible crop. Perhaps it's best to stick to...
    Thanks for these replies. I am going to try gartenperle and also tumbling tom varieties. I was just a little concerned that some container plants might be poisonous and, possibly, unsuitable to grow in the same basket where roots mingle closely...
    Thanks for these replies. I am going to try gartenperle and also tumbling tom varieties. I was just a little concerned that some container plants might be poisonous and, possibly, unsuitable to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. cattwoman25

potato planting

many thanks terrier just what i wanted to hear
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. vegmandan

Frisby Lettuce - Where has it gone ?

I bought a packet of T&M mixed leaves today from my garden centre which included a packet of Frisby.
    I bought a packet of T&M mixed leaves today from my garden centre which included a packet of Frisby.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. timecharger

Should I prune 1-year old fruit bushes? And another question...

Thanks David...appreciated
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Peter Finn

Potatoes in pots

Growing spuds in containers is a good way to use up spent compost. Mix in plenty of organic stuff to hold the moisture (balls of newspaper is good)but don't forget they are heavy feeders so...
    Growing spuds in containers is a good way to use up spent compost. Mix in plenty of organic stuff to hold the moisture (balls of newspaper is good)but don't forget they are heavy feeders so incorporate some feed (chicken pellets for inst). I prefer small containers,so wherever I have a spare few...
    Growing spuds in containers is a good way to use up spent compost. Mix in plenty of organic stuff to hold the moisture (balls of newspaper is good)but don't forget they are heavy feeders so incorporate some feed (chicken pellets for inst). I...
    Growing spuds in containers is a good way to use up spent compost. Mix in plenty of organic stuff to hold the moisture (balls of newspaper is good)but don't forget they are heavy feeders so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. grubby mitts

Rhubarb

Freddy - you shouldn't force in the first year, in any event.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. shiney

Early Garlic?

I bought a pot of ransome last year and planted it in a lightly shaded spot next to the compost bin. It is coming along nicely this year so when it bushes out, I think we can use some this year. ...
    I bought a pot of ransome last year and planted it in a lightly shaded spot next to the compost bin. It is coming along nicely this year so when it bushes out, I think we can use some this year. Or should we wait another year?
    I bought a pot of ransome last year and planted it in a lightly shaded spot next to the compost bin. It is coming along nicely this year so when it bushes out, I think we can use some this year. Or should we wait another year?
    I bought a pot of ransome last year and planted it in a lightly shaded spot next to the compost bin. It is coming along nicely this year so when it bushes out, I think we can use some this year. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. stickman

soybeans

Hey guys and galsThought I might try soybeans this year (like a challenge!), have bought some T&M seeds, variety 'ustie'. Supposedly for a more northern climate.Anyone got any idea of what...
    Hey guys and galsThought I might try soybeans this year (like a challenge!), have bought some T&M seeds, variety 'ustie'. Supposedly for a more northern climate.Anyone got any idea of what kind of support I need for them? ie are they a bush type, a climber or a tall type?Cheers, Nick
    Hey guys and galsThought I might try soybeans this year (like a challenge!), have bought some T&M seeds, variety 'ustie'. Supposedly for a more northern climate.Anyone got any idea of what kind of support I need for them? ie are they a bush...
    Hey guys and galsThought I might try soybeans this year (like a challenge!), have bought some T&M seeds, variety 'ustie'. Supposedly for a more northern climate.Anyone got any idea of what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. vegmandan

Heat Treated Onion Sets

Red Baron from Marshalls. Excellent !
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Fi Friend

Years Old Doggie Toilet discovered in new veggie patch

7 years is a long time, I imagine all number 2's will have turned to compost over that time.
    7 years is a long time, I imagine all number 2's will have turned to compost over that time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sarraceniac

Wilko Fruit trees

Wow wilkos twice in one day John, I new you would come round to our way of thinking,they do get some good stuff in if you get there when it first comes in,very reasonably priced.
    Wow wilkos twice in one day John, I new you would come round to our way of thinking,they do get some good stuff in if you get there when it first comes in,very reasonably priced.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice