1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. willow13

black salsify (scorzonera)

Hi willow13, I grew these a couple of years back and although they didn't grow very big they were really tasty. Which site did you get your info from? I'd like to have a look to see if I can...
    Hi willow13, I grew these a couple of years back and although they didn't grow very big they were really tasty. Which site did you get your info from? I'd like to have a look to see if I can improve on my first effort.
    Hi willow13, I grew these a couple of years back and although they didn't grow very big they were really tasty. Which site did you get your info from? I'd like to have a look to see if I can improve on my first effort.
    Hi willow13, I grew these a couple of years back and although they didn't grow very big they were really tasty. Which site did you get your info from? I'd like to have a look to see if I can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. compost maker

DO BLUEBERRY LEAVES TURN RED

cajary, I would like to grow some blueberries. what size of pot did you get three into or were they in different pots, any suggestions about other varieties to mix with top hat.
    cajary, I would like to grow some blueberries. what size of pot did you get three into or were they in different pots, any suggestions about other varieties to mix with top hat.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. roders

Can we speed up the ripening of tomatoes?

You could try using a litre from this:eek: maybe not ............ banana skins would be cheaper
    You could try using a litre from this:eek: maybe not ............ banana skins would be cheaper
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Freddy

Veggy Book

Hi NurseWhen, yeah, I had a few of his books around 20 years ago before I stopped growing veggies. It looks like I`m gonna be moving to a house with a large garden shortly so I`ll be able to get...
    Hi NurseWhen, yeah, I had a few of his books around 20 years ago before I stopped growing veggies. It looks like I`m gonna be moving to a house with a large garden shortly so I`ll be able to get things going again on the veggy front, hence the book. Just thought I`d spread the word ;) ...
    Hi NurseWhen, yeah, I had a few of his books around 20 years ago before I stopped growing veggies. It looks like I`m gonna be moving to a house with a large garden shortly so I`ll be able to get things going again on the veggy front, hence the...
    Hi NurseWhen, yeah, I had a few of his books around 20 years ago before I stopped growing veggies. It looks like I`m gonna be moving to a house with a large garden shortly so I`ll be able to get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. roders

Fresh Veg.

Don't know whats going on with your forking veg Roders :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Mark B

How do you make a raised veg bed

Any thing can be grown in a raised bed
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. rosietutu

Gooseberrys

Hi Kathy New growth late Oct is unusual but we have had such a mild time just recently with our Indian summer that I think the plants and bushes have thought it was spring again! They'll wise up...
    Hi Kathy New growth late Oct is unusual but we have had such a mild time just recently with our Indian summer that I think the plants and bushes have thought it was spring again! They'll wise up after a few frosts no doubt. John
    Hi Kathy New growth late Oct is unusual but we have had such a mild time just recently with our Indian summer that I think the plants and bushes have thought it was spring again! They'll wise up after a few frosts no doubt. John
    Hi Kathy New growth late Oct is unusual but we have had such a mild time just recently with our Indian summer that I think the plants and bushes have thought it was spring again! They'll wise up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Celia

first sprouts

Ate our first ones on Friday.The plants are a little shorter than I would like but the sprouts are fine
    Ate our first ones on Friday.The plants are a little shorter than I would like but the sprouts are fine
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Roger Wilko

Leeks going to seed

A few of mine have bolted - I put it down to the wet weather
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. pansypotter

melons

Breakfast this morning and delicious too! Ogen melon - unfortunately the last one this year :(
    Breakfast this morning and delicious too! Ogen melon - unfortunately the last one this year :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. 1eyedjack

Aubergine post mortem

I tried aubergines this year as well, as I was given a couple of plants - similar story, although mine didn't even grow very big, got a few flowers but no fruits. I had them in half grow-bags in...
    I tried aubergines this year as well, as I was given a couple of plants - similar story, although mine didn't even grow very big, got a few flowers but no fruits. I had them in half grow-bags in a mini-greenhouse but everything got too big so I had to leave the door open all the time! I didn't...
    I tried aubergines this year as well, as I was given a couple of plants - similar story, although mine didn't even grow very big, got a few flowers but no fruits. I had them in half grow-bags in a mini-greenhouse but everything got too big so I...
    I tried aubergines this year as well, as I was given a couple of plants - similar story, although mine didn't even grow very big, got a few flowers but no fruits. I had them in half grow-bags in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kryssy

Lumpy marrows/courgettes

I had the self-same problem this year. Three of my courgette plants had this, and the leaves went very small, yellowish, and crinkly. We ate the courgettes anyway, and still alive. The fourth...
    I had the self-same problem this year. Three of my courgette plants had this, and the leaves went very small, yellowish, and crinkly. We ate the courgettes anyway, and still alive. The fourth plant was unaffected, and is still producing, whereas the other three have rotted away completely while...
    I had the self-same problem this year. Three of my courgette plants had this, and the leaves went very small, yellowish, and crinkly. We ate the courgettes anyway, and still alive. The fourth plant was unaffected, and is still producing, whereas...
    I had the self-same problem this year. Three of my courgette plants had this, and the leaves went very small, yellowish, and crinkly. We ate the courgettes anyway, and still alive. The fourth...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Roger Wilko

loganberries, tayberries & boysenberries

I'm not keen on loganberries - the hulls are too much and they seem to go mouldy before they ripen properly. Tayberries - I've grown several over the years, with the same result - 1 or 2 years of...
    I'm not keen on loganberries - the hulls are too much and they seem to go mouldy before they ripen properly. Tayberries - I've grown several over the years, with the same result - 1 or 2 years of great abundance then a reversion to small acrop of small fruit. Never tried a boysenberry, but...
    I'm not keen on loganberries - the hulls are too much and they seem to go mouldy before they ripen properly. Tayberries - I've grown several over the years, with the same result - 1 or 2 years of great abundance then a reversion to small acrop of...
    I'm not keen on loganberries - the hulls are too much and they seem to go mouldy before they ripen properly. Tayberries - I've grown several over the years, with the same result - 1 or 2 years of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jack by the hedge

Pomegranates

3 for �£1 off a street stall in Scarborough High Street. Must buy 3 - eat 2 and experiment with the other. I love to live dangerously. ;) :D
    3 for �£1 off a street stall in Scarborough High Street. Must buy 3 - eat 2 and experiment with the other. I love to live dangerously. ;) :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. impactco

What's wrong with these Tomatoes??

Too close to the air conditioner, eh mira?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Prastio

Horseradish

Terrier has the right idea.Over 30 years ago I planted it in our garden and it became so invasive that I spent five years trying to get rid of it. As I was digging out the roots I planted them...
    Terrier has the right idea.Over 30 years ago I planted it in our garden and it became so invasive that I spent five years trying to get rid of it. As I was digging out the roots I planted them along the grass verge alongside the field between me and the village. Whenever we want horseradish...
    Terrier has the right idea.Over 30 years ago I planted it in our garden and it became so invasive that I spent five years trying to get rid of it. As I was digging out the roots I planted them along the grass verge alongside the field between...
    Terrier has the right idea.Over 30 years ago I planted it in our garden and it became so invasive that I spent five years trying to get rid of it. As I was digging out the roots I planted them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ruffmeister

pumpkins, pumpkins and more squashes

Last year they were all fantastic - we finished our last squashes in April after they kept all winter.This year was a disaster - some of the plants rotted entirely and moast were stunted with...
    Last year they were all fantastic - we finished our last squashes in April after they kept all winter.This year was a disaster - some of the plants rotted entirely and moast were stunted with only the odd fruit on them. The only plant that did well was a south african squash called Hubbard...
    Last year they were all fantastic - we finished our last squashes in April after they kept all winter.This year was a disaster - some of the plants rotted entirely and moast were stunted with only the odd fruit on them. The only plant that did...
    Last year they were all fantastic - we finished our last squashes in April after they kept all winter.This year was a disaster - some of the plants rotted entirely and moast were stunted with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. David G

Pickling Mexican Sour Cucumbers

I have grown some Mexican Sour Cucumbers they have grown quite well but they taste as sour as the name suggests. I think they would be great pickled they are all about the size of a Cob nut. Can...
    I have grown some Mexican Sour Cucumbers they have grown quite well but they taste as sour as the name suggests. I think they would be great pickled they are all about the size of a Cob nut. Can I just put them straight in pickling vinegar or do I need to slice them and soak or anything like...
    I have grown some Mexican Sour Cucumbers they have grown quite well but they taste as sour as the name suggests. I think they would be great pickled they are all about the size of a Cob nut. Can I just put them straight in pickling vinegar or...
    I have grown some Mexican Sour Cucumbers they have grown quite well but they taste as sour as the name suggests. I think they would be great pickled they are all about the size of a Cob nut. Can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ruffmeister

Hows your celery this year?

hey there peeps,This we we was wondering about celery, how has your been this year, our is rather thinner and smaller than we would have liked, but more tasty than last years, what has yours...
    hey there peeps,This we we was wondering about celery, how has your been this year, our is rather thinner and smaller than we would have liked, but more tasty than last years, what has yours been like? is it the weather ? or just a funny year, we think we wattered them more than last as well....
    hey there peeps,This we we was wondering about celery, how has your been this year, our is rather thinner and smaller than we would have liked, but more tasty than last years, what has yours been like? is it the weather ? or just a funny year,...
    hey there peeps,This we we was wondering about celery, how has your been this year, our is rather thinner and smaller than we would have liked, but more tasty than last years, what has yours...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. stillearning

peppers

I have frozen my chilli's in the past and can't say that they have lost any of their heat.
    I have frozen my chilli's in the past and can't say that they have lost any of their heat.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice