1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. cattwoman25

another chilli question !!

I don't know what types of chilli plants I'm growing as I grew them from a mixed seed packet earlier this year but they are all still flowering and producing chillis.I didn't think about...
    I don't know what types of chilli plants I'm growing as I grew them from a mixed seed packet earlier this year but they are all still flowering and producing chillis.I didn't think about overwintering them but now I'll pot them on and give it a go. I plan to heat the greenhouse a little to...
    I don't know what types of chilli plants I'm growing as I grew them from a mixed seed packet earlier this year but they are all still flowering and producing chillis.I didn't think about overwintering them but now I'll pot them on and give it...
    I don't know what types of chilli plants I'm growing as I grew them from a mixed seed packet earlier this year but they are all still flowering and producing chillis.I didn't think about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lizz

Strawberries

Thanks TO. I'll just leave them as they are then as the pot holds 30 plants and I definitely cannot move it. Fingers crossed they'll survive fine.
    Thanks TO. I'll just leave them as they are then as the pot holds 30 plants and I definitely cannot move it. Fingers crossed they'll survive fine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Grahamgl

Figs

Grahamgl, it sounds to me like the figs you're referring to are the ones that TO says dont ripen and fall off still small. The only ones that will grow on the next year and ripen are the very...
    Grahamgl, it sounds to me like the figs you're referring to are the ones that TO says dont ripen and fall off still small. The only ones that will grow on the next year and ripen are the very small ones in the leaf joints, at leaf fall. At that stage they appear to be nothing more than a small...
    Grahamgl, it sounds to me like the figs you're referring to are the ones that TO says dont ripen and fall off still small. The only ones that will grow on the next year and ripen are the very small ones in the leaf joints, at leaf fall. At that...
    Grahamgl, it sounds to me like the figs you're referring to are the ones that TO says dont ripen and fall off still small. The only ones that will grow on the next year and ripen are the very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. cattwoman25

garlic & strawberrys

splendid many thanks for your input folks
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Grahamgl

Figs

I have a four years old Brown Turkey fig tree growing in a 15"pot. This year it produced 31 figs during the summer which grew to about half the size of a full grown fig. I know that figs are...
    I have a four years old Brown Turkey fig tree growing in a 15"pot. This year it produced 31 figs during the summer which grew to about half the size of a full grown fig. I know that figs are supposed to stay on the tree until the following year where they will then mature and rippen. All but...
    I have a four years old Brown Turkey fig tree growing in a 15"pot. This year it produced 31 figs during the summer which grew to about half the size of a full grown fig. I know that figs are supposed to stay on the tree until the following year...
    I have a four years old Brown Turkey fig tree growing in a 15"pot. This year it produced 31 figs during the summer which grew to about half the size of a full grown fig. I know that figs are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. accidentalgardener

Blackcurrant Bush

When I moved to my current(present) house I happened to notice a blackcurrent bush in a hedge row and took a couple of cuttings from it. Stuck them in my compost heap and the following year had...
    When I moved to my current(present) house I happened to notice a blackcurrent bush in a hedge row and took a couple of cuttings from it. Stuck them in my compost heap and the following year had tons of large black currents. How lucky is that?
    When I moved to my current(present) house I happened to notice a blackcurrent bush in a hedge row and took a couple of cuttings from it. Stuck them in my compost heap and the following year had tons of large black currents. How lucky is that?
    When I moved to my current(present) house I happened to notice a blackcurrent bush in a hedge row and took a couple of cuttings from it. Stuck them in my compost heap and the following year had...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ruffmeister

carrot problems?

Try this http://www.plasticsbypost.net/index.htm Look under crop protection. I bought the fleece rather than the carrot fly and cabbage root fly netting. It is probably more than you need but it...
    Try this http://www.plasticsbypost.net/index.htm Look under crop protection. I bought the fleece rather than the carrot fly and cabbage root fly netting. It is probably more than you need but it is cheaper than anywhere else and you just cut off what you need and store the rest for when it wears...
    Try this http://www.plasticsbypost.net/index.htm Look under crop protection. I bought the fleece rather than the carrot fly and cabbage root fly netting. It is probably more than you need but it is cheaper than anywhere else and you just cut off...
    Try this http://www.plasticsbypost.net/index.htm Look under crop protection. I bought the fleece rather than the carrot fly and cabbage root fly netting. It is probably more than you need but it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. AncientGardener

New Vegetable Gardening Workshops

No, i'm sorry I don't of any similar in the area. If you can get a train to Leeds, then Menston its a 5 minute bus ride from there (details on site).
    No, i'm sorry I don't of any similar in the area. If you can get a train to Leeds, then Menston its a 5 minute bus ride from there (details on site).
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kandy

Overwintering Tomato Plants

great question kandyfloss i have a couple of 3/4 ft beef tomato plants on the go with toms on and they are growing very well im hoping that they will go red but they need to grow alot more yet so...
    great question kandyfloss i have a couple of 3/4 ft beef tomato plants on the go with toms on and they are growing very well im hoping that they will go red but they need to grow alot more yet so i think i might loose them :( they are in the conservatory so i will just leave them untill they...
    great question kandyfloss i have a couple of 3/4 ft beef tomato plants on the go with toms on and they are growing very well im hoping that they will go red but they need to grow alot more yet so i think i might loose them :( they are in the...
    great question kandyfloss i have a couple of 3/4 ft beef tomato plants on the go with toms on and they are growing very well im hoping that they will go red but they need to grow alot more yet so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ruffmeister

overwintering cabbages

I have some cabbage plants which i planted in May/June but they still aren't ready. I have cauliflowers which are the same. How should i make sure they survive the winter or is there no hope?
    I have some cabbage plants which i planted in May/June but they still aren't ready. I have cauliflowers which are the same. How should i make sure they survive the winter or is there no hope?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Scotkat

End of 1yrs Blueberrry

Yes they are in greenhouse bearing in mind it gets colder with us although today like a summers day just beautiful for a holiday Monday and school hols.
    Yes they are in greenhouse bearing in mind it gets colder with us although today like a summers day just beautiful for a holiday Monday and school hols.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Claire75

sprouts in raised beds?

Thanks Bumble bee - do you grow them yourself btw? and if so could you tell me where and how please (e.g. do you bother trying to plant them very firmly)? It is a bit perplexing because I've read...
    Thanks Bumble bee - do you grow them yourself btw? and if so could you tell me where and how please (e.g. do you bother trying to plant them very firmly)? It is a bit perplexing because I've read that they like to be planted firmly in a few books that seem quite sensible too.
    Thanks Bumble bee - do you grow them yourself btw? and if so could you tell me where and how please (e.g. do you bother trying to plant them very firmly)? It is a bit perplexing because I've read that they like to be planted firmly in a few...
    Thanks Bumble bee - do you grow them yourself btw? and if so could you tell me where and how please (e.g. do you bother trying to plant them very firmly)? It is a bit perplexing because I've read...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lapod

courgettes

Hi lapod It is possible that it is what John has said but if they are not on the ground it could be because the flower itself rotted and started the cougette rotting. This can be a problem this...
    Hi lapod It is possible that it is what John has said but if they are not on the ground it could be because the flower itself rotted and started the cougette rotting. This can be a problem this time of year. Once it is late in the season I usually take the flowers off once the courgette has...
    Hi lapod It is possible that it is what John has said but if they are not on the ground it could be because the flower itself rotted and started the cougette rotting. This can be a problem this time of year. Once it is late in the season I...
    Hi lapod It is possible that it is what John has said but if they are not on the ground it could be because the flower itself rotted and started the cougette rotting. This can be a problem this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. papajo

Cauliflower - where did I go wrong

For us its been a bad year for caulis this year probably due to the drought/ rain weather we have had.We normally grow ours under enviro mesh tunnels and can often get very large caulis. This...
    For us its been a bad year for caulis this year probably due to the drought/ rain weather we have had.We normally grow ours under enviro mesh tunnels and can often get very large caulis. This season has been very poor with very small heads compared to normal.
    For us its been a bad year for caulis this year probably due to the drought/ rain weather we have had.We normally grow ours under enviro mesh tunnels and can often get very large caulis. This season has been very poor with very small heads...
    For us its been a bad year for caulis this year probably due to the drought/ rain weather we have had.We normally grow ours under enviro mesh tunnels and can often get very large caulis. This...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. bumblebee

BEETROOT

Not this time of the year BB. Maybe next spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Honey Bee

Where have the taddies gone.......???

Thanks for that advice Walnut, sadly after having our pond full of spawn, we never had one tadpole, this was most unusual - next year I will add a few drops of iodine to the pond.Brandy
    Thanks for that advice Walnut, sadly after having our pond full of spawn, we never had one tadpole, this was most unusual - next year I will add a few drops of iodine to the pond.Brandy
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. cabbagepatch

potatoes for xmas

Hi, Yes I got some potatoes, but that was the ones that I planted in April this year that flowered. This is my first year of trying to grow them for Christmas.
    Hi, Yes I got some potatoes, but that was the ones that I planted in April this year that flowered. This is my first year of trying to grow them for Christmas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. golfer

Pears

Hi Tiarella, If you press the top part of the pear often enough it will go soft anyway :D :D . Actually it depends on which type of pear it is. For instance, Conference pears are ripe and...
    Hi Tiarella, If you press the top part of the pear often enough it will go soft anyway :D :D . Actually it depends on which type of pear it is. For instance, Conference pears are ripe and very sweet when they are still hard and are getting past their best when they start to go soft. ...
    Hi Tiarella, If you press the top part of the pear often enough it will go soft anyway :D :D . Actually it depends on which type of pear it is. For instance, Conference pears are ripe and very sweet when they are still hard and are...
    Hi Tiarella, If you press the top part of the pear often enough it will go soft anyway :D :D . Actually it depends on which type of pear it is. For instance, Conference pears are ripe and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. nobbyhigo2

pac choi seeds

cheers for the advice will try them in spring and post how they go cheers again
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. kt

when to pick a pepper

Thanks for the encouragement Strongylodon - actually I remember you mentioning this in another thread I think. And yes, I'll definitely have another go at some peppers next year! I only have one...
    Thanks for the encouragement Strongylodon - actually I remember you mentioning this in another thread I think. And yes, I'll definitely have another go at some peppers next year! I only have one of the mini-greenhouses, just a frame with shelves and a soft plastic cover. I ended up leaving it...
    Thanks for the encouragement Strongylodon - actually I remember you mentioning this in another thread I think. And yes, I'll definitely have another go at some peppers next year! I only have one of the mini-greenhouses, just a frame with...
    Thanks for the encouragement Strongylodon - actually I remember you mentioning this in another thread I think. And yes, I'll definitely have another go at some peppers next year! I only have one...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice