1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Kedi-Gato

Grapes

Sis, I've made Jalapeno jelly quite often, Dad sent me the recipe years ago. This is the one we always put on a cream cheese sandwich.I've also made a hot jelly using tomato juice and...
    Sis, I've made Jalapeno jelly quite often, Dad sent me the recipe years ago. This is the one we always put on a cream cheese sandwich.I've also made a hot jelly using tomato juice and ready-made chilli sauce.
    Sis, I've made Jalapeno jelly quite often, Dad sent me the recipe years ago. This is the one we always put on a cream cheese sandwich.I've also made a hot jelly using tomato juice and ready-made chilli sauce.
    Sis, I've made Jalapeno jelly quite often, Dad sent me the recipe years ago. This is the one we always put on a cream cheese sandwich.I've also made a hot jelly using tomato juice and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Fonzie

Blueberries

Just this minute finished planting the AG. Got each one in a pot,ericacious compost, as required in the back which is south facing and somewhat sheltered. Gonna put the berries in me porridge!
    Just this minute finished planting the AG. Got each one in a pot,ericacious compost, as required in the back which is south facing and somewhat sheltered. Gonna put the berries in me porridge!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Laurie

Potato Barrels

hi lauriei tryed spuds for the first time this year i used 40 litre polypots placed 3/4 seed potatoes in the bottom and added compost as they grew and got 20/30 spuds per bag and they were...
    hi lauriei tryed spuds for the first time this year i used 40 litre polypots placed 3/4 seed potatoes in the bottom and added compost as they grew and got 20/30 spuds per bag and they were lovely .so if i got that from 40 litres then you should get 40+ if you want some polypots i got mine...
    hi lauriei tryed spuds for the first time this year i used 40 litre polypots placed 3/4 seed potatoes in the bottom and added compost as they grew and got 20/30 spuds per bag and they were lovely .so if i got that from 40 litres then you...
    hi lauriei tryed spuds for the first time this year i used 40 litre polypots placed 3/4 seed potatoes in the bottom and added compost as they grew and got 20/30 spuds per bag and they were...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. cajary

Blueberries

Yeah, got it. Printed it off to go in my folder, thanks again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. golfer

Pears

I spelled somehing wrong should have readi meant to say can one make deserts or something with them or do something with wine.
    I spelled somehing wrong should have readi meant to say can one make deserts or something with them or do something with wine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Webmaster

Has anyone harvested any Figs yet ?

I went to our village post office this morning and the postmistress gave me a tour of her tiny courtyard garden where she had a fig tree growing in a huge pot. It had hundreds of figs growing on...
    I went to our village post office this morning and the postmistress gave me a tour of her tiny courtyard garden where she had a fig tree growing in a huge pot. It had hundreds of figs growing on it, some of them very nearly ripe. I was very impressed! She told me that I could have a cutting...
    I went to our village post office this morning and the postmistress gave me a tour of her tiny courtyard garden where she had a fig tree growing in a huge pot. It had hundreds of figs growing on it, some of them very nearly ripe. I was very...
    I went to our village post office this morning and the postmistress gave me a tour of her tiny courtyard garden where she had a fig tree growing in a huge pot. It had hundreds of figs growing on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. cajary

Blueberries

Hi, guys. There was a thread that gave full cultural instructions for Blueberries but I can't find it on the "Search" facility. Now I've got a computer that I can print off of, can someone tell...
    Hi, guys. There was a thread that gave full cultural instructions for Blueberries but I can't find it on the "Search" facility. Now I've got a computer that I can print off of, can someone tell me where it was? Please
    Hi, guys. There was a thread that gave full cultural instructions for Blueberries but I can't find it on the "Search" facility. Now I've got a computer that I can print off of, can someone tell me where it was? Please
    Hi, guys. There was a thread that gave full cultural instructions for Blueberries but I can't find it on the "Search" facility. Now I've got a computer that I can print off of, can someone tell...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. windy miller

Windy's Veg Disaster

Fancy,You have convinced me to grow the caulifowers my hubby so dearly loves, yours are gorgeous, well done
    Fancy,You have convinced me to grow the caulifowers my hubby so dearly loves, yours are gorgeous, well done
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Waco

how pretty are your veg ?

Love the signature :D :D :DAnd i never knew vedge could look like that! I'm starting a vedge patch for hubby and love the cabbage pic especially.Forget "say it with flowers" say it with...
    Love the signature :D :D :DAnd i never knew vedge could look like that! I'm starting a vedge patch for hubby and love the cabbage pic especially.Forget "say it with flowers" say it with cabbage :D
    Love the signature :D :D :DAnd i never knew vedge could look like that! I'm starting a vedge patch for hubby and love the cabbage pic especially.Forget "say it with flowers" say it with cabbage :D
    Love the signature :D :D :DAnd i never knew vedge could look like that! I'm starting a vedge patch for hubby and love the cabbage pic especially.Forget "say it with flowers" say it with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Keving

Pumpkins rotting

Gerkin, thanks very helpful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. monty

tomatoes

lovely high kype
    lovely high kype
    lovely high kype
    lovely high kype
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. LCH

cucumber & pumpkin problems

mmmmmm http://home.rochester.rr.com/srinz/pkinpoll.html
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. weyms

Black Tomato Plants

I've just got the blight as well :mad: . I've cut away a lot of the blighted plants and, although they all have blight, I've left some with fruit that doesn't seem to have been affected yet. I'm...
    I've just got the blight as well :mad: . I've cut away a lot of the blighted plants and, although they all have blight, I've left some with fruit that doesn't seem to have been affected yet. I'm hoping they might survive long enough to start to ripen. I've cut away the leaves from around the...
    I've just got the blight as well :mad: . I've cut away a lot of the blighted plants and, although they all have blight, I've left some with fruit that doesn't seem to have been affected yet. I'm hoping they might survive long enough to start to...
    I've just got the blight as well :mad: . I've cut away a lot of the blighted plants and, although they all have blight, I've left some with fruit that doesn't seem to have been affected yet. I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ruffmeister

giant vegetables?

I think some things are bigger and some have rotted this year, it just depends on how much rain you've had. Here its been windy with the rain, and I think that has stopped some of the rot, but...
    I think some things are bigger and some have rotted this year, it just depends on how much rain you've had. Here its been windy with the rain, and I think that has stopped some of the rot, but brought other problems. Ruffmeister, do you always up root your shallots when still in leaf? I have...
    I think some things are bigger and some have rotted this year, it just depends on how much rain you've had. Here its been windy with the rain, and I think that has stopped some of the rot, but brought other problems. Ruffmeister, do you always...
    I think some things are bigger and some have rotted this year, it just depends on how much rain you've had. Here its been windy with the rain, and I think that has stopped some of the rot, but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. miraflores

the longest carrot

I saw that prog Miraflores and was wondering whether the root went straight down in which case the owner would have had to dig that deep to get it out in one piece. It must have been curled up...
    I saw that prog Miraflores and was wondering whether the root went straight down in which case the owner would have had to dig that deep to get it out in one piece. It must have been curled up surely.It was the runner beans which amazed me. How did they get that little curl on the ends -...
    I saw that prog Miraflores and was wondering whether the root went straight down in which case the owner would have had to dig that deep to get it out in one piece. It must have been curled up surely.It was the runner beans which amazed me. ...
    I saw that prog Miraflores and was wondering whether the root went straight down in which case the owner would have had to dig that deep to get it out in one piece. It must have been curled up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fonzie

Veg of my labours.

I have had some of my parsnips too Fonzie and they were sublime. I'm going to take advice and leave the others until after our first frost - although I think they may be very large by then. ...
    I have had some of my parsnips too Fonzie and they were sublime. I'm going to take advice and leave the others until after our first frost - although I think they may be very large by then.How come you got leeks :confused: Mine are just about the thickness of a knitting needle.It's...
    I have had some of my parsnips too Fonzie and they were sublime. I'm going to take advice and leave the others until after our first frost - although I think they may be very large by then.How come you got leeks :confused: Mine are just...
    I have had some of my parsnips too Fonzie and they were sublime. I'm going to take advice and leave the others until after our first frost - although I think they may be very large by then. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. oldwinegum

Purple sprouting

Thanks D.W. As a rule I don't want early anything as we are over run with veg. It is just very annoying as with raised beds you plan against antisipated use, and when 10% of your crop produces at...
    Thanks D.W. As a rule I don't want early anything as we are over run with veg. It is just very annoying as with raised beds you plan against antisipated use, and when 10% of your crop produces at the wrong time it breaks a spoke in the wheel. (not that I am a ex accountant and no my life is not...
    Thanks D.W. As a rule I don't want early anything as we are over run with veg. It is just very annoying as with raised beds you plan against antisipated use, and when 10% of your crop produces at the wrong time it breaks a spoke in the wheel....
    Thanks D.W. As a rule I don't want early anything as we are over run with veg. It is just very annoying as with raised beds you plan against antisipated use, and when 10% of your crop produces at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Prastio

Rising veg prices

Following the floods, veg prices in the shops are rising and expected to continue upwards for some time.Any ideas for good crops to plant now for harvest in the Autumn? It's a bit late for most...
    Following the floods, veg prices in the shops are rising and expected to continue upwards for some time.Any ideas for good crops to plant now for harvest in the Autumn? It's a bit late for most crops and you can only eat so many salad leaves.
    Following the floods, veg prices in the shops are rising and expected to continue upwards for some time.Any ideas for good crops to plant now for harvest in the Autumn? It's a bit late for most crops and you can only eat so many salad leaves.
    Following the floods, veg prices in the shops are rising and expected to continue upwards for some time.Any ideas for good crops to plant now for harvest in the Autumn? It's a bit late for most...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. musicmaker

New veg garden in front garden

Welcome musicmaker!I only joined myself yesterday It seems like a friendly bunch around here i'm sure you'll have a nice stay
    Welcome musicmaker!I only joined myself yesterday It seems like a friendly bunch around here i'm sure you'll have a nice stay
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Matthew 1990

Anyone Tried To Grow Any Of These Vegetables And Salads

Hiya,I have grown Coriander as i love it in salads and other cooking requirements. Let me know how you get on with the vedge and i may be brave enough to try next year. My 16 year old loves...
    Hiya,I have grown Coriander as i love it in salads and other cooking requirements. Let me know how you get on with the vedge and i may be brave enough to try next year. My 16 year old loves cucumbers, he will quite literaly sit with a whole one and munch it right up during a film (the boy is...
    Hiya,I have grown Coriander as i love it in salads and other cooking requirements. Let me know how you get on with the vedge and i may be brave enough to try next year. My 16 year old loves cucumbers, he will quite literaly sit with a whole...
    Hiya,I have grown Coriander as i love it in salads and other cooking requirements. Let me know how you get on with the vedge and i may be brave enough to try next year. My 16 year old loves...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice