1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. blue

Runner Beans

Thanks Fancy, and we sure hope so!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lottielou

Lettuce Ring Spot

Does anyone know anything about this please? All I know is that its a fungus. I've just removed all the remaining lettuce most of them had ring spot and severe slug damage. I'm thinking both of...
    Does anyone know anything about this please? All I know is that its a fungus. I've just removed all the remaining lettuce most of them had ring spot and severe slug damage. I'm thinking both of these problems have been aggravated by the nice little moist environment under and between the...
    Does anyone know anything about this please? All I know is that its a fungus. I've just removed all the remaining lettuce most of them had ring spot and severe slug damage. I'm thinking both of these problems have been aggravated by the nice...
    Does anyone know anything about this please? All I know is that its a fungus. I've just removed all the remaining lettuce most of them had ring spot and severe slug damage. I'm thinking both of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. meddyliol

When to pick spuds

I've harvested all my earlies already, and am eagerly awaiting the maincrop King Edwards!
    I've harvested all my earlies already, and am eagerly awaiting the maincrop King Edwards!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. kryssy

More tomato problems

Could be, Pete. We have a prevailing southerly wind and his garden is south of mine.
    Could be, Pete. We have a prevailing southerly wind and his garden is south of mine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Mrs Bobs

Tomatoes

I have Tigerella, Shirley F1, San Mareno and Tumbling Toms. Can you believe I wasn't even planning on growing any as I don't really like them. And now my greenhouse have 9 plants in it.I think...
    I have Tigerella, Shirley F1, San Mareno and Tumbling Toms. Can you believe I wasn't even planning on growing any as I don't really like them. And now my greenhouse have 9 plants in it.I think its the Shirleys with all the fruit on at the mo with some on the San Mareno (plum toms).I just...
    I have Tigerella, Shirley F1, San Mareno and Tumbling Toms. Can you believe I wasn't even planning on growing any as I don't really like them. And now my greenhouse have 9 plants in it.I think its the Shirleys with all the fruit on at the mo...
    I have Tigerella, Shirley F1, San Mareno and Tumbling Toms. Can you believe I wasn't even planning on growing any as I don't really like them. And now my greenhouse have 9 plants in it.I think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. strongylodon

Soon be ripe

grrrr... no problem, stronglylodon, I keep on plantig all the time disregarding the season. The funny thing is: in the daylight you never see a snail in sight and you wonder how do they manage to...
    grrrr... no problem, stronglylodon, I keep on plantig all the time disregarding the season. The funny thing is: in the daylight you never see a snail in sight and you wonder how do they manage to eat whole plants... But do try and have a look at 1 o' clock in the night like I did yesterday,...
    grrrr... no problem, stronglylodon, I keep on plantig all the time disregarding the season. The funny thing is: in the daylight you never see a snail in sight and you wonder how do they manage to eat whole plants... But do try and have a look at...
    grrrr... no problem, stronglylodon, I keep on plantig all the time disregarding the season. The funny thing is: in the daylight you never see a snail in sight and you wonder how do they manage to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Old Dan

Vegetable Garden

Just be prepared to weed after the rain has gone. I use weed membrane in most areas of veg I have planted on the allotment and garden veg patch.
    Just be prepared to weed after the rain has gone. I use weed membrane in most areas of veg I have planted on the allotment and garden veg patch.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. AncientGardener

Tomatillo ripening?

I usually leave mine until they burst through the husk. I don't have a problem with them seeding all over the place, as I have to grow them in the greenhouse, tooooo cold here for them outside...
    I usually leave mine until they burst through the husk. I don't have a problem with them seeding all over the place, as I have to grow them in the greenhouse, tooooo cold here for them outside unfortunatly, because they take up a huge amount of room.
    I usually leave mine until they burst through the husk. I don't have a problem with them seeding all over the place, as I have to grow them in the greenhouse, tooooo cold here for them outside unfortunatly, because they take up a huge amount of...
    I usually leave mine until they burst through the husk. I don't have a problem with them seeding all over the place, as I have to grow them in the greenhouse, tooooo cold here for them outside...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. kryssy

Funny Runners

Oh, thank you for that Shiney. I'll try the beans later and give them a good old boil to soften them up if they are stringy.Your pheasant family sounds adorable - any photos?I don't seem to...
    Oh, thank you for that Shiney. I'll try the beans later and give them a good old boil to soften them up if they are stringy.Your pheasant family sounds adorable - any photos?I don't seem to get problems with slugs and snails except on a few hostas I have in a damp dark area. If I see the...
    Oh, thank you for that Shiney. I'll try the beans later and give them a good old boil to soften them up if they are stringy.Your pheasant family sounds adorable - any photos?I don't seem to get problems with slugs and snails except on a few...
    Oh, thank you for that Shiney. I'll try the beans later and give them a good old boil to soften them up if they are stringy.Your pheasant family sounds adorable - any photos?I don't seem to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. cattwoman25

potato help/advice please

many thanks for your replys folkslisa
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Claire75

Washing (sluggy) spinach/salad...

I bought a salad spinner earlier this year. Originally i went to buy one (advised by Jamie Oliver (in book not personally) and they were �£25 in John Lewis and said no way was i paying that to...
    I bought a salad spinner earlier this year. Originally i went to buy one (advised by Jamie Oliver (in book not personally) and they were �£25 in John Lewis and said no way was i paying that to wash a bit of lettuce. Anyway got one in the Debenhams sale for �£13 (still thought it was a lot)...
    I bought a salad spinner earlier this year. Originally i went to buy one (advised by Jamie Oliver (in book not personally) and they were �£25 in John Lewis and said no way was i paying that to wash a bit of lettuce. Anyway got one in the...
    I bought a salad spinner earlier this year. Originally i went to buy one (advised by Jamie Oliver (in book not personally) and they were �£25 in John Lewis and said no way was i paying that to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. oldwinegum

Melon

Hope mine will do the same- they're Sweetheart. But we need sun! I've cleared weeds away from outside the greenhouse, and fed the plants.
    Hope mine will do the same- they're Sweetheart. But we need sun! I've cleared weeds away from outside the greenhouse, and fed the plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. aquarian3

Pea's - when are they ready?

I have some more tiny plants ready to put in when [If?] it stops raining. I don't start them off in the ground because the slugs would have a field day. I have lots of seed left so maybe will try...
    I have some more tiny plants ready to put in when [If?] it stops raining. I don't start them off in the ground because the slugs would have a field day. I have lots of seed left so maybe will try a few more if you think there's still time...
    I have some more tiny plants ready to put in when [If?] it stops raining. I don't start them off in the ground because the slugs would have a field day. I have lots of seed left so maybe will try a few more if you think there's still time...
    I have some more tiny plants ready to put in when [If?] it stops raining. I don't start them off in the ground because the slugs would have a field day. I have lots of seed left so maybe will try...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Minxter

Tomato problems

All 20 of my tomato plants got mosaic virus so I can empathise with you. glenw kindly gave me thins link with lots of useful information about it...
    All 20 of my tomato plants got mosaic virus so I can empathise with you. glenw kindly gave me thins link with lots of useful information about it www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0603/tomato_virus.aspIts very easily carried so Id consider the info on that site.
    All 20 of my tomato plants got mosaic virus so I can empathise with you. glenw kindly gave me thins link with lots of useful information about it www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0603/tomato_virus.aspIts very easily carried so Id consider the info...
    All 20 of my tomato plants got mosaic virus so I can empathise with you. glenw kindly gave me thins link with lots of useful information about it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. oldwinegum

Butternut squash

Have four butternut squash that have just started to run. Grue them last year and did not pinch the leader. I got a small number of good fruit. Question????? Did I do right? should I stop the...
    Have four butternut squash that have just started to run. Grue them last year and did not pinch the leader. I got a small number of good fruit. Question????? Did I do right? should I stop the leader and then the side shoots or do I let them run. This year there is a danger that they will take...
    Have four butternut squash that have just started to run. Grue them last year and did not pinch the leader. I got a small number of good fruit. Question????? Did I do right? should I stop the leader and then the side shoots or do I let them run....
    Have four butternut squash that have just started to run. Grue them last year and did not pinch the leader. I got a small number of good fruit. Question????? Did I do right? should I stop the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. blue

Runner Beans(Good Crop)

Mine got munched but it looks like the two survivor's (in a pot) are thinking about new leaves at the tip so I am still hopeful! There are two sweet peas in with them which are flourishing.TO
    Mine got munched but it looks like the two survivor's (in a pot) are thinking about new leaves at the tip so I am still hopeful! There are two sweet peas in with them which are flourishing.TO
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. kryssy

Tiddly carrots

Kathy, what a great idea to hang your veg. Never thought of that one.WOO - you too are a genius. Now I understand why people put little fences around their carrots. I always thought it daft...
    Kathy, what a great idea to hang your veg. Never thought of that one.WOO - you too are a genius. Now I understand why people put little fences around their carrots. I always thought it daft as the fly could just as easily fly over - but now I know. Brilliant!So much to learn - so few...
    Kathy, what a great idea to hang your veg. Never thought of that one.WOO - you too are a genius. Now I understand why people put little fences around their carrots. I always thought it daft as the fly could just as easily fly over - but...
    Kathy, what a great idea to hang your veg. Never thought of that one.WOO - you too are a genius. Now I understand why people put little fences around their carrots. I always thought it daft...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. littleorme

Green beans

If you can get them in the ground all well and good but if not just feed and water them regularly. David.
    If you can get them in the ground all well and good but if not just feed and water them regularly. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. oktarine

My Veg Plot Diary - "Reads Retreat"

Hi Cousin!Well, not really. There's no link from our Reads to your Reads I'm afraid. Seems our Reads didn't get out much.However, if you find any who left unclaimed millions sitting in a...
    Hi Cousin!Well, not really. There's no link from our Reads to your Reads I'm afraid. Seems our Reads didn't get out much.However, if you find any who left unclaimed millions sitting in a vault somewhere I'm sure we can dig up a connection. Vice Versa of course.
    Hi Cousin!Well, not really. There's no link from our Reads to your Reads I'm afraid. Seems our Reads didn't get out much.However, if you find any who left unclaimed millions sitting in a vault somewhere I'm sure we can dig up a connection. ...
    Hi Cousin!Well, not really. There's no link from our Reads to your Reads I'm afraid. Seems our Reads didn't get out much.However, if you find any who left unclaimed millions sitting in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. garden_fiend

rust on garlic

Hi Garden Fiend, the problem with rust is that it spreads via air-borne spores and therefore can infect other plants relatively nearby such as onions, leeks, broad beans, roses, hollyhocks,...
    Hi Garden Fiend, the problem with rust is that it spreads via air-borne spores and therefore can infect other plants relatively nearby such as onions, leeks, broad beans, roses, hollyhocks, Chrysanths... the list goes on and on although there are different rust species affecting different plant...
    Hi Garden Fiend, the problem with rust is that it spreads via air-borne spores and therefore can infect other plants relatively nearby such as onions, leeks, broad beans, roses, hollyhocks, Chrysanths... the list goes on and on although there are...
    Hi Garden Fiend, the problem with rust is that it spreads via air-borne spores and therefore can infect other plants relatively nearby such as onions, leeks, broad beans, roses, hollyhocks,...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice