1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. blue

Runner Beans(Good Crop)

Mine got munched but it looks like the two survivor's (in a pot) are thinking about new leaves at the tip so I am still hopeful! There are two sweet peas in with them which are flourishing.TO
    Mine got munched but it looks like the two survivor's (in a pot) are thinking about new leaves at the tip so I am still hopeful! There are two sweet peas in with them which are flourishing.TO
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. kryssy

Tiddly carrots

Kathy, what a great idea to hang your veg. Never thought of that one.WOO - you too are a genius. Now I understand why people put little fences around their carrots. I always thought it daft...
    Kathy, what a great idea to hang your veg. Never thought of that one.WOO - you too are a genius. Now I understand why people put little fences around their carrots. I always thought it daft as the fly could just as easily fly over - but now I know. Brilliant!So much to learn - so few...
    Kathy, what a great idea to hang your veg. Never thought of that one.WOO - you too are a genius. Now I understand why people put little fences around their carrots. I always thought it daft as the fly could just as easily fly over - but...
    Kathy, what a great idea to hang your veg. Never thought of that one.WOO - you too are a genius. Now I understand why people put little fences around their carrots. I always thought it daft...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. littleorme

Green beans

If you can get them in the ground all well and good but if not just feed and water them regularly. David.
    If you can get them in the ground all well and good but if not just feed and water them regularly. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. oktarine

My Veg Plot Diary - "Reads Retreat"

Hi Cousin!Well, not really. There's no link from our Reads to your Reads I'm afraid. Seems our Reads didn't get out much.However, if you find any who left unclaimed millions sitting in a...
    Hi Cousin!Well, not really. There's no link from our Reads to your Reads I'm afraid. Seems our Reads didn't get out much.However, if you find any who left unclaimed millions sitting in a vault somewhere I'm sure we can dig up a connection. Vice Versa of course.
    Hi Cousin!Well, not really. There's no link from our Reads to your Reads I'm afraid. Seems our Reads didn't get out much.However, if you find any who left unclaimed millions sitting in a vault somewhere I'm sure we can dig up a connection. ...
    Hi Cousin!Well, not really. There's no link from our Reads to your Reads I'm afraid. Seems our Reads didn't get out much.However, if you find any who left unclaimed millions sitting in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. garden_fiend

rust on garlic

Hi Garden Fiend, the problem with rust is that it spreads via air-borne spores and therefore can infect other plants relatively nearby such as onions, leeks, broad beans, roses, hollyhocks,...
    Hi Garden Fiend, the problem with rust is that it spreads via air-borne spores and therefore can infect other plants relatively nearby such as onions, leeks, broad beans, roses, hollyhocks, Chrysanths... the list goes on and on although there are different rust species affecting different plant...
    Hi Garden Fiend, the problem with rust is that it spreads via air-borne spores and therefore can infect other plants relatively nearby such as onions, leeks, broad beans, roses, hollyhocks, Chrysanths... the list goes on and on although there are...
    Hi Garden Fiend, the problem with rust is that it spreads via air-borne spores and therefore can infect other plants relatively nearby such as onions, leeks, broad beans, roses, hollyhocks,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Liz

How many peas?

Thanks David. I have been religiously planting sinle plants about 3" apart and run out of space very quickly. Your method sounds much easier! As I've had success with planting tomato seeds from...
    Thanks David. I have been religiously planting sinle plants about 3" apart and run out of space very quickly. Your method sounds much easier! As I've had success with planting tomato seeds from Morrisons I think I'll try the same with peas- they have some lovely local grown [somerset] ones at...
    Thanks David. I have been religiously planting sinle plants about 3" apart and run out of space very quickly. Your method sounds much easier! As I've had success with planting tomato seeds from Morrisons I think I'll try the same with peas- they...
    Thanks David. I have been religiously planting sinle plants about 3" apart and run out of space very quickly. Your method sounds much easier! As I've had success with planting tomato seeds from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Liz

Melons

Also, if the ones in pots are in compost then they are getting more nutrients. The nettle and comfrey are not helping either as they are leaching water and nutrients from the soil. David.
    Also, if the ones in pots are in compost then they are getting more nutrients. The nettle and comfrey are not helping either as they are leaching water and nutrients from the soil. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. AndyK

Fruit & Veg Patch

Andy, apart from winter cabbage, spring cabbage, sprouts, calabrese and "All The Year Round" cauliflowers you can sow or plant (in September)garlic and broad beans ( something like Aquadulce or...
    Andy, apart from winter cabbage, spring cabbage, sprouts, calabrese and "All The Year Round" cauliflowers you can sow or plant (in September)garlic and broad beans ( something like Aquadulce or Bunyards Exhibition). Between now and then you could sow some Early Onward peas which will give you a...
    Andy, apart from winter cabbage, spring cabbage, sprouts, calabrese and "All The Year Round" cauliflowers you can sow or plant (in September)garlic and broad beans ( something like Aquadulce or Bunyards Exhibition). Between now and then you could...
    Andy, apart from winter cabbage, spring cabbage, sprouts, calabrese and "All The Year Round" cauliflowers you can sow or plant (in September)garlic and broad beans ( something like Aquadulce or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ruffmeister

soft fruit harvest - how has yours been?

If you pull the fruit gently and it comes away from the white centre easily, it is ready. I wouldn't wait unless they're netted-birds will see that they're ready as well!
    If you pull the fruit gently and it comes away from the white centre easily, it is ready. I wouldn't wait unless they're netted-birds will see that they're ready as well!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. oldwinegum

Following broad beans with peas?

thanks shall give it a go
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Erin

Can I combine veg and flowers?

Try the Allotment shop first, the quality would probably be higher and the prices lower. If not then a Garden centre. Have a look at the seed packets, there are lots of things you can sow outside...
    Try the Allotment shop first, the quality would probably be higher and the prices lower. If not then a Garden centre. Have a look at the seed packets, there are lots of things you can sow outside now. Saladings (lettuce, radish etc) can be sown every few weeks for a continued supply.
    Try the Allotment shop first, the quality would probably be higher and the prices lower. If not then a Garden centre. Have a look at the seed packets, there are lots of things you can sow outside now. Saladings (lettuce, radish etc) can be sown...
    Try the Allotment shop first, the quality would probably be higher and the prices lower. If not then a Garden centre. Have a look at the seed packets, there are lots of things you can sow outside...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. windy miller

I have taytas!!!!

Great Windy, I can't wait for ours to be ready now, it's our first time at growing them
    Great Windy, I can't wait for ours to be ready now, it's our first time at growing them
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. David G

"Perfection" Cucumbers

hi davegood grief you grow loads ! i would like to do more but not got the room like yourself i have got a lawn at the back for the kids to play although i am going to ban them if i find any...
    hi davegood grief you grow loads ! i would like to do more but not got the room like yourself i have got a lawn at the back for the kids to play although i am going to ban them if i find any more footballs in my pots .well i have been good this week untill i had an email from thompson and...
    hi davegood grief you grow loads ! i would like to do more but not got the room like yourself i have got a lawn at the back for the kids to play although i am going to ban them if i find any more footballs in my pots .well i have been good...
    hi davegood grief you grow loads ! i would like to do more but not got the room like yourself i have got a lawn at the back for the kids to play although i am going to ban them if i find any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Liz

Broad Beans

Tonight we had the last meal from Aquadulce, sowed in November Great crop No blackfly just delicious!
    Tonight we had the last meal from Aquadulce, sowed in November Great crop No blackfly just delicious!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Stokesy

Onions and Garlic

Whilst waiting for a few dry days is possible, I would use a table top in my conservatory instead.
    Whilst waiting for a few dry days is possible, I would use a table top in my conservatory instead.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Lizz

Peppers

I have not pollinated our peppers flowers and there are green peppers growing and the pepper plants are outside on our 13th floor balconey which gets quite windy.
    I have not pollinated our peppers flowers and there are green peppers growing and the pepper plants are outside on our 13th floor balconey which gets quite windy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. tiggs&oscar

Mouldy Tomatoes!

I cant think of any plants that can survive without drainage.Even succulent houseplant require drainage.The plants will take what they need!
    I cant think of any plants that can survive without drainage.Even succulent houseplant require drainage.The plants will take what they need!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ruffmeister

hows your onions and shallots?

My onions have really shot up since the photo. Will have to take another pic soon. Just hope the necks don't get too thick. At the back is a row of spring onions and they have been lovely. Before...
    My onions have really shot up since the photo. Will have to take another pic soon. Just hope the necks don't get too thick. At the back is a row of spring onions and they have been lovely. Before February this was all grass at my in laws house. When i go to get the salads I fill a box with...
    My onions have really shot up since the photo. Will have to take another pic soon. Just hope the necks don't get too thick. At the back is a row of spring onions and they have been lovely. Before February this was all grass at my in laws house....
    My onions have really shot up since the photo. Will have to take another pic soon. Just hope the necks don't get too thick. At the back is a row of spring onions and they have been lovely. Before...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. KevinO

Rapberries

They were all planted in January. Planted them into a trench of manure, gave them a feed in March and put down a mulch. Thanks for that, thats a great tip for a mulch!
    They were all planted in January. Planted them into a trench of manure, gave them a feed in March and put down a mulch. Thanks for that, thats a great tip for a mulch!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ruffmeister

courgette plants

nice may just try strawberries and rhubarb a nice combo i feel.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice