1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. newbiegrower

watermelons

I've not tried for a long time, I always thought they needed greenhouse growing, and even then its a job to keep them warm enough, long enough. A few years ago they were trying to breed ones more...
    I've not tried for a long time, I always thought they needed greenhouse growing, and even then its a job to keep them warm enough, long enough. A few years ago they were trying to breed ones more suitable to northern areas, dont know what came of them. They tend to be a large plant that needs...
    I've not tried for a long time, I always thought they needed greenhouse growing, and even then its a job to keep them warm enough, long enough. A few years ago they were trying to breed ones more suitable to northern areas, dont know what came...
    I've not tried for a long time, I always thought they needed greenhouse growing, and even then its a job to keep them warm enough, long enough. A few years ago they were trying to breed ones more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Blackthorn

Autumn sown tomatoes - update!

Great Biscombe, seems you did the same as me - great minds.... :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kaytutt

potatoes

Great news windy!
    Great news windy!
    Great news windy!
    Great news windy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Cherie Neale

tomato varities

Sun Gold (yellow) is setting fruit and Gardener's Delight are in flower. Not growing Moneymaker this year but have some Tumbling Tom (yellow) in a hanging basket. Also got some Red Skin sweet...
    Sun Gold (yellow) is setting fruit and Gardener's Delight are in flower. Not growing Moneymaker this year but have some Tumbling Tom (yellow) in a hanging basket. Also got some Red Skin sweet peppers that are just coming into bud.The mystery seeds taken from an unknown Gardener's Delight type...
    Sun Gold (yellow) is setting fruit and Gardener's Delight are in flower. Not growing Moneymaker this year but have some Tumbling Tom (yellow) in a hanging basket. Also got some Red Skin sweet peppers that are just coming into bud.The mystery...
    Sun Gold (yellow) is setting fruit and Gardener's Delight are in flower. Not growing Moneymaker this year but have some Tumbling Tom (yellow) in a hanging basket. Also got some Red Skin sweet...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. allotment boy

gooseberries

perhaps its the strong winds dislodging the fruit as the allotment is on the side of a mountain thanks for your reply john binks
    perhaps its the strong winds dislodging the fruit as the allotment is on the side of a mountain thanks for your reply john binks
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Victoria

Radish for Four?

The moon has an ellittic orbit, which means its distance from the Earth varies. The moonlight has no light of its own, but it absorbs solar rays and then reflects them on the Earth, but they are...
    The moon has an ellittic orbit, which means its distance from the Earth varies. The moonlight has no light of its own, but it absorbs solar rays and then reflects them on the Earth, but they are not less powerful than the rays coming directly from the sun. "Moon rays" help plants to develop and...
    The moon has an ellittic orbit, which means its distance from the Earth varies. The moonlight has no light of its own, but it absorbs solar rays and then reflects them on the Earth, but they are not less powerful than the rays coming directly...
    The moon has an ellittic orbit, which means its distance from the Earth varies. The moonlight has no light of its own, but it absorbs solar rays and then reflects them on the Earth, but they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Doug Woods

Container grown fruit trees

We have bought from here ..Van MeuwenThey can be a bit expensive unless you take advantage of the many offers but the quality seems to be very good.
    We have bought from here ..Van MeuwenThey can be a bit expensive unless you take advantage of the many offers but the quality seems to be very good.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. oktarine

My Veg Plot Diary

Hi Oktarine, nice update of your progress and good to see that you are already harvesting your first crops which is really rewarding, keep up the good work regards Steve.http://www.myallotments.com
    Hi Oktarine, nice update of your progress and good to see that you are already harvesting your first crops which is really rewarding, keep up the good work regards Steve.http://www.myallotments.com
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. cattwoman25

too late for sprouts ?

Hi Lisa. April is generally considered the last month for sowing, but since sprout seeds can't read what is says on the packet they don't know this ;) You've nothing to loose by trying and will...
    Hi Lisa. April is generally considered the last month for sowing, but since sprout seeds can't read what is says on the packet they don't know this ;) You've nothing to loose by trying and will probably get away with it. As far as regards varieties here's a few suggestions based on what I'm...
    Hi Lisa. April is generally considered the last month for sowing, but since sprout seeds can't read what is says on the packet they don't know this ;) You've nothing to loose by trying and will probably get away with it. As far as regards...
    Hi Lisa. April is generally considered the last month for sowing, but since sprout seeds can't read what is says on the packet they don't know this ;) You've nothing to loose by trying and will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. windygale

my onions

It sounds like they`ve bolted windygale.Apparantly red onions are more prone.Mine did the same last yr. Cut off the flower stalks and take them out.Use them up as they don`t store well.Common...
    It sounds like they`ve bolted windygale.Apparantly red onions are more prone.Mine did the same last yr. Cut off the flower stalks and take them out.Use them up as they don`t store well.Common causes are early sowing,planting in a cold spell and planting in loose soil.
    It sounds like they`ve bolted windygale.Apparantly red onions are more prone.Mine did the same last yr. Cut off the flower stalks and take them out.Use them up as they don`t store well.Common causes are early sowing,planting in a cold spell and...
    It sounds like they`ve bolted windygale.Apparantly red onions are more prone.Mine did the same last yr. Cut off the flower stalks and take them out.Use them up as they don`t store well.Common...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. dalbuie

Collaring Toms.

The tube/pipe idea is good. Will have to get some over the weekend. Will sure make the watering easier than it is now!
    The tube/pipe idea is good. Will have to get some over the weekend. Will sure make the watering easier than it is now!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. captain kev

asparagus

I think I said previously in a different string that I grew from seed my own crowns. Unfortunately they only lasted a few years the died off on me! Perhaps I am the wrong one to give...
    I think I said previously in a different string that I grew from seed my own crowns. Unfortunately they only lasted a few years the died off on me! Perhaps I am the wrong one to give advice! Anyway as they are already two years old I would leave another year to make it three. As I remember...
    I think I said previously in a different string that I grew from seed my own crowns. Unfortunately they only lasted a few years the died off on me! Perhaps I am the wrong one to give advice! Anyway as they are already two years old I would...
    I think I said previously in a different string that I grew from seed my own crowns. Unfortunately they only lasted a few years the died off on me! Perhaps I am the wrong one to give...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jaycee

Tomatoes

Thanks Blackthorn. I'll start collecting the stuff again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wyldeflower

Angelica

Angelica is also a usefull plant to have in the garden.. Growing up to 6 feet or so, this fairly stout plant favours damp, shady places. The stem is hollow, and often purple, with a whitish bloom....
    Angelica is also a usefull plant to have in the garden.. Growing up to 6 feet or so, this fairly stout plant favours damp, shady places. The stem is hollow, and often purple, with a whitish bloom. The greeny-white, or pink, flowers are only about 2mm across, with 5 petals, have a honey like...
    Angelica is also a usefull plant to have in the garden.. Growing up to 6 feet or so, this fairly stout plant favours damp, shady places. The stem is hollow, and often purple, with a whitish bloom. The greeny-white, or pink, flowers are only about...
    Angelica is also a usefull plant to have in the garden.. Growing up to 6 feet or so, this fairly stout plant favours damp, shady places. The stem is hollow, and often purple, with a whitish bloom....
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. gandygardener

dill

They make gripe water with Dill and its also used as aflavouring .. Anethum is a common ingredient in gripe water, given to relieve wind and colic in babies. The carminative volatile oil improves...
    They make gripe water with Dill and its also used as aflavouring .. Anethum is a common ingredient in gripe water, given to relieve wind and colic in babies. The carminative volatile oil improves the appetite and aids digestion. Chewing the seeds is helpful in cases of halitosis. Anethum...
    They make gripe water with Dill and its also used as aflavouring .. Anethum is a common ingredient in gripe water, given to relieve wind and colic in babies. The carminative volatile oil improves the appetite and aids digestion. Chewing the...
    They make gripe water with Dill and its also used as aflavouring .. Anethum is a common ingredient in gripe water, given to relieve wind and colic in babies. The carminative volatile oil improves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mrs Bobs

Carrot Root Fly

I have sewn some next to the chive border as an experiment
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. TeaTree

When to plant out strawberry plants?

Hi TeaTree, same age as me when I started! I like to let the runners develop and weight down the first and second lot of shoots with a small stone in a 3" pot of compost. Plants for free!! John
    Hi TeaTree, same age as me when I started! I like to let the runners develop and weight down the first and second lot of shoots with a small stone in a 3" pot of compost. Plants for free!! John
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Celia

brussel sprouts

Good luck Celia. Watch out for the butterflies and caterpillers!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. sanuka

Rogue Potatos

Thanks SanukaNice name by the way!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. oktarine

My Veg Plot Diary

Thanks for all your generous comments.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice